Luiz

Ivanovic

Romeu

Ramires

Josh

Mata

Sturridge

Lukaku

Of those nine, four of them are youngsters, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, we don't really know how good they'll be but it would be stupid dispensing with them at this stage.

That leaves only five established players, including Sturridge, and only one (Ivanovic) who's been a mainstay of the side for a while.

I'm not saying these are the only ones I want to stay, I'm just saying if anyone else left, I wouldn't be too distraught.

Thoughts ..?

I went down the list before I even looked at the ones you selected and almost came up with identical results.

I only picked 8 though as I didn't include Lukaku. Not writing him off, as I know at 18 he has years to develop but I though he was a strange signing and I don't see him as the answer to our problems unless he improves by about 10,000%

We do have youngsters who aren't in the senior squad who I also wouldn't want to let go, like PVA, Lalkovic, Chalobah and Piazon.

You're all coming across a bit like spoilt children with this. I don't like ALL my toys, Daddy, buy me new ones. NOW! Or I'll scream and make myself sick!

It's really not like that YB - it's more a case of being realistic and coming to terms with the fact that a large number of these players just aren't up to it any more and some weren't in the first place. The alternative is the old line of "these players won the double not so long ago and they will come good" even though the evidence points otherwise.

I don't want us to spend big anyway - we have a history of massive mistakes when we spend big. Okay, we may need one or two quality players but I'll be more than happy if AVB picks up a bargain or seven and works on bringing some of the youth through.

Nice debatable topic.

For me i would keep:

Cech

Turnbull

Cole (keep but phase out)

Bertrand

JT (keep but phase out)

Luiz

Ivanovic

Romeu

Ramires

Lampard (Keep but phase out)

Mereiles

Josh

Mata

Sturridge

Torres

Lukaku

I'd probably keep the same. Phase a couple out, and get some youth in there too.

Nice debatable topic.

For me i would keep:

Cech

Turnbull

Cole (keep but phase out)

Bertrand

JT (keep but phase out)

Luiz

Ivanovic

Romeu

Ramires

Lampard (Keep but phase out)

Mereiles

Josh

Mata

Sturridge

Torres

Lukaku

Probably the same as this except for Lukaku, I really think we've bought a lemon here!

For me:

Cech

Ivanovic

Luiz

JT

A. Cole

Romeu (we might not have a choice though)

Josh

Mata

Sturridge

Lukaku

+ Courtouis (anybody know how well he does ?) and Kakuta

Courtois has by all accounts been very impressive for Atletico, although as you'd expect from a 20-year-old-keeper he's made a few mistakes. This week he managed to get sent off against Real Madrid, then bounced back to shut down Celtic in the Europa League and send Atletico through. Definitely living up to his billing as one of the better goalkeeping prospects in the world.

Bruma and Kalas are both also supposed to be having very good seasons out on loan, so we should keep hold of both of them; Kalas is playing in the Netherlands, though, so he shouldn't be with the main club next season.

Cech

Turnbull

Ivan

JT

Bertrand

Luiz

Cole

Romeu

Lampard

Ramires

Meireles

Josh

Lukaku

Mata

Sturridge

I haven't kept Paulo or HIlario because both are getting on, although make no mistake I am a massive cheerleader for both. But if push comes to shove both aren't playing so I'd be comfortable to let them go.

Alex is a bit the same. I'm a big admirer of him, but he isn't in AVB's plans so he can go. Ditto for Kalou, who I still like.

Essien's injuries make it impossible to put him on this list, where 3 years ago he was impossible not to have on this list.

Mikel should be the first one out. Drogba and Anelka are both leaving. Malouda doesn't seem to be first choice and for the wages he is on it makes no sense to keep him.

As far as Torres goes if someone offered us a fair fee that'd purchase a decent replacement I'd snap their hand off.

I would definitely keep:

Cech

Cole

Terry

Luiz

Ivanovic

Ramires

Lampard

Merieles

McEachran

Romeu

Mata

Sturridge

The rest would be open to a departure if I were in charge. And if I WERE in charge the following would definitely be leaving over the next year:

Hilario

Ferreria

Alex

Bosingwa

Mikel

Essien

Malouda

Kalou

Anelka

Drogba