Champions League Draw 11:00 GMT on Friday 16th

evissy

from uefa.com

Last 16 await Friday's draw

Published: Friday 9 December 2011, 13.47CET

Seven previous European Champion Clubs' Cup winners feature in the draw for the round of 16 which will be streamed live on UEFA.com from Nyon at 12.00CET on Friday.

Two seeding pots have been formed: one consisting of group winners and the other of runners-up.

Group winners: FC Bayern München, FC Internazionale Milano, SL Benfica, Real Madrid CF, Chelsea FC, Arsenal FC, APOEL FC, FC Barcelona

Group runners-up: SSC Napoli, PFC CSKA Moskva, FC Basel 1893, Olympique Lyonnais, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Olympique de Marseille, FC Zenit St Petersburg, AC Milan

Seeded group winners will be away in the round of 16 first legs on 14/15 and 21/22 February and at home in the return matches on 6/7 and 13/14 March. No team can play a club from their group or any side from the same association.

E: Chelsea FC (ENG)

Can play: Napoli, CSKA, Basel, Lyon, Marseille, Zenit, Milan

Qualified as: runners-up, England

Last season: quarter-finals

Previous seasons in UEFA Champions League: 9

Previous European Champion Clubs' Cup best: runners-up

Edited by ethicalstrategy

Spot on footballoholic. Lets not tempt fate.

All of those teams present difficult matchups. Even Basel. Remember they would have beaten United over two legs and United solidly beat us when we last met.

I'd particularly like to avoid Napoli and Milan though.

E: Chelsea FC (ENG)

Can play: Napoli, CSKA, Basel, Lyon, Marseille, Zenit, Milan

Everything besides Milan is a walk in the park imo.

I would not call Napoli a "walk in the park". They could prove a very tough opponent.

There's no really easy team there. Even Basel has done rather well so far (if they can beat ManU, they can beat us).

Milan and Napoli would however be the toughest opponent to face. The rest are possibly slightly easier.

I'd rather not draw Napoli or Milan - Napoli's front 3 will cause us problems all day long but I'm confident we'll get through them. Milan would obviously be a tough test and despite the fact I'd quite like to go to the San Siro I'd rather avoid.

Even Moscow and Zenit I wouldn't be too keen on - long trip out there wouldn't be too ideal and they'd be very fresh after a winter break, no?

Lyon will always be dangerous - they've got a decent attack but would feel confident against them, same can be said for Marseille

I guess Basel would be the easiest tie there - but they showed against Utd that no tie is easy!

I reckon we'll get Marseille again..

I hope we get any of the Russian teams. That way I can be sure I'd get the games on TV despite all the Barca and Real love fest by Ten Sports. Good things is there's no United otherwise they are definitely on TV ahead of us if the games happen to fall on the same day.

I hope we get any of the Russian teams. That way I can be sure I'd get the games on TV despite all the Barca and Real love fest by Ten Sports. Good things is there's no United otherwise they are definitely on TV ahead of us if the games happen to fall on the same day.

Where do you live rahul?

What you said about Drogba is nonsense, I presume your saying it because of last seasons dead rubber against them? I would fully expect Drogba to play much more professionally in a game that has meaning.

"in a game that has meaning." We will beat EASY any of those teams except Milan.Napoli arent that good, hell i was watching them last winter playing europa league with the same squad, we beat them easy.City is no barometer in CL i would even bet that Arsenal could beat Napoli with no problems.

Edited by Rami