Kalou and Drogba watch ....

Star

Forgive me for thinking Drogba and Kalou would walk into our starting eleven given their terrific performances in the African Nations in tandem up front for the Ivory Coast.

Whilst the majority believed Fernando Torres would take his chance while Drogba was away to cement his place in our side, those who felt he would continue his barren run and turn him into the biggest waste of Romans millions since the day he took over from Ken Bates look favourites to proven correct. Those astute judges may have also predicted the fates of Fleck, Sutton and Shevchenko will be praying Drogba hits the ground running on his return to the Chelsea side against Napoli.

As for Kalou, though not his greatest fan, he has a bit of trickery and pace that playing on ABV's left hand side of a three pronged attack must be a good bet as our midfield craves the release of Mata from his wide berth.

Tonight again I will be glued to Eurosport hoping they both deliver and give the team a much needed confidence boost knowing they are winners, unlike the 'losers' that performed so disgracefully at Everton, without pride, passion and love for the Chelsea shirt.

Star, Drogba I will welcome back with open arms and he should rightly walk straight back into the starting line-up IMO.

Kalou is a different story. He has had more chances than I care to remember and has never shown himself to be anything other than a back-up squad player at best. He is not good enough for where we want to be. He would not get a regular game at any of the top four sides. Valencia, Ji Sun Park, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Johnson and even Theo Walcott. All are better than Kalou IMO.

But then again, if it's a choice between Malouda and Kalou, right now I'd take Kalou every day of the week. That is of course because he hasn't played for us for a while, so no doubt I've forgotten how sh*t he is.

Star, Drogba I will welcome back with open arms and he should rightly walk straight back into the starting line-up IMO.

Kalou is a different story. He has had more chances than I care to remember and has never shown himself to be anything other than a back-up squad player at best. He is not good enough for where we want to be. He would not get a regular game at any of the top four sides. Valencia, Ji Sun Park, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Johnson and even Theo Walcott. All are better than Kalou IMO.

I agree Just, my reasoning behind Kalou is purely based on my hope that Mata never again plays out wide for us this season or onward.

I would rather have Kalou there than Malouda. Then buy two wingers in the summer and flog the pair of them, along with Bosingwa.