PFA Player of the year Nominations

CodyBound

I was personally very disappointed (as always) with the nominations for PFA player and young player of the year.

Nominations for PFA Player of the Year:- S. Aguero R. van Persie, W. Rooney, J. Hart, S. Parker, D. Silva

Nominations for PFA Young Player of the Year 2012:- S. Aguero, G. Bale, K. Walker, A Oxlade-Chamberlain, D. Sturridge, D. Welbeck

Some very obvious names left out for player of the year: Krul, Dempsey, Ba, Mata, Kompany, Ivanovic. Only Van Persie and maybe Rooney deserves their places there. Everyone on the list has obviously performed well, but I think Mata has outdone Silva, Krul has outdone Heart, Ba has outdone Aguero, Parker shouldn't be there before Dempsey, and no defenders at all. There are probably names I'm forgetting but this is just off the top of my head.

Furthermore, how is it that Mata has been beaten to young player of the year by all of those last four individuals. I'm happy to see a Chelsea player on the list but how has Sturridge had a better season than Mata??? And Welbeck? Don't make me laugh.

Van Persie for player of the year. Aguero for young player.

Edited by CodyBound

Being entirely honest as great a season as Mata has had the only player in the player of the year list who I think he could challenge is Parker. Bit surprised he wasn't in the young player however I am not sure what the age cut off is and I suspect Mata is borderline.

Not sure how anyone can deny Aguero deserves to be in the running for player of the year however I would agree that Krul deserves to be ahead of Hart.

Being entirely honest as great a season as Mata has had the only player in the player of the year list who I think he could challenge is Parker. Bit surprised he wasn't in the young player however I am not sure what the age cut off is and I suspect Mata is borderline.

Not sure how anyone can deny Aguero deserves to be in the running for player of the year however I would agree that Krul deserves to be ahead of Hart.

The cut off age is starting the season at 23 or younger.

Interesting that Mata has been left off the list, but happy that Sturridge has made it.

However, two things:

1. It's the PFA award, everyone knows Football Writer's is the one to win,

2. If Van Persie doesn't sweep all the awards, it'll be a joke. They guy has been far and away the most deadly player in the league all year.

RVP wins player of the season, Kyle Walker gets young player award...

Team of the season: Hart, Walker, Kompany, Colocinni, Baines, Parker, Toure, Silva, Bale, RVP, Rooney.

No Mata? No Dempsey? Joke of a list.

Cabaye being left out for Parker is a disgrace.

Also apparently Parker blatantly dived on Saturday to try and get a QPR player a second yellow and the referee gave QPR a freekick for it, yet of course it wasn't even shown on MOTD let alone discussed.

If it was Drogba however they'd all be queeing up to lambast him.

RVP wins player of the season, Kyle Walker gets young player award...

Team of the season: Hart, Walker, Kompany, Colocinni, Baines, Parker, Toure, Silva, Bale, RVP, Rooney.

No Mata? No Dempsey? Joke of a list.

No Terry? He may not be everyones favourite but he is far and away one of the best and most consistent defenders in the PL. And i echo your points about Mata etc. they're having a laugh.