It's the gift that keeps on giving ...

Davey Baby

I don't know about you guys, but today feels even better than last night.

I have still not come back down to earth.

I am in my 40s, I first went to Chelsea when I was 7, stood on the Shed.

I have never been so proud to be a Chelsea fan. I have never been so happy after a game. Never. It was, and remains, the most incredible feeling.

When their 2nd went in, I knew it was all over. All that anticipation, all that waiting, all that talk of revenge, it was over. It was meaningless. We were out. I knew it you knew it everyone in the crowd knew everyone watching knew it. The Barcelona players knew it. It was party time as far as they were concerned, it was going to be one long fiesta, they were going to play tiki-taka all night, Xavi Iniesta Messi, in front of their congregation in front of an admiring world in front of the swooning Michel Platini. It was over. It was over. It was over. How could we get the ball? How could we score? Our players were booked for dissent. They would miss the final. It didn't matter. The final was a pipedream they could all get banned for all I cared. We were out.

I just cannot believe what I witnessed. Thank you Chelsea. Thank you my beautiful Chelsea. You will bring me pain you will bring me joy but last night will never be forgotten. Ever.

It's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Enjoy guys. It doesn't get much better than this.

I always believed, we had the edge over Barca and I knew we'd get back into it. Holding on at 2-1 I was a little apprehensive but thought the 10 lion hearts out there wouldn't give up. So happy right now.

Have to give credit to my dad, he told me we would manage and even when Messi got the peno he said he would miss - unbelieveable.

I love you, Chelsea FC.

We certainly seem to have the sign over Messi! That's 8 games he's played against us without scoring, and these 2 he's missed some really good chances and actually was at fault for our goal at SB.

Yes Davey, you have just put my thoughts into words so beautifully.

You have to love the bin dippers taking time out of their busy schedule of layng on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle in their shell suits to visit a Chelsea fan site to try and score a point due to JT being suspended for the final! ::clap2::

Well said Davey. All day and all last night I had friends and strangers giving me congratulations. Even the ones that hate Chelsea admit they were pulling for us by the end of the game.

In those 90 minutes we became the good guys to the whole world, and after 2009 that was the sweetest kind of justice. The offical and the moral victory.

I always believed, we had the edge over Barca and I knew we'd get back into it. Holding on at 2-1 I was a little apprehensive but thought the 10 lion hearts out there wouldn't give up. So happy right now.

I agree that I didn't think any of the players would give up, but you don't have to give up to be beaten by Barcelona, usually all you have to do is turn up and they do the beating for you

Believing we would give up and believing we would get through we're like north and south after their second and unfortunately I was in only 1 camp

Never been so happy to be proven wrong

I had to smile earlier when a sky commentator said that last night was even better than liverpools 2005 "miracle of Istanbul"TM.

The guy said Liverpool were playin an inferior team to Barcelona, we're in a neutral stadium, and had to rely on penalties to "win"

Oh yh lfc62, who's won the most trophies since 2005 lampard or Gerrard? Ha SG shud ov left when he had the chance and he knows it

Feel exactly the same way Davey. Still on a buzz. Don't want this feeling to end. Still can't believe we got through it with 10 men. That result was the same feeling I got when Lamps scored that breakaway second goal against Bolton to secure our first league title in 50 years....strangely maybe even more so.

It will be a feeling and a game I will never forget. I just hope we can win the trophy now. We deserve it no doubt!

Archived