Should Guardiola take over Chelsea?

shahilsyed

No, not for me. He has done incredibly well at Barca, but thats a club he knew inside out, where he brought the young players through into the first team and built a team around getting the best out of Messi. Theres no way of knowing if he could produce the same at a club where he comes in completely cold without the players capable of playing his style of football.Be a massive risk in my opinion.

If you believe what he had to say today with him taking a year off from football due to being exhausted as 4 years at barcelona felt like an eternity it doesnt really matter if Roman wants him.

I would love for Robbie to stay here, done so well.

Personally I wouldn't go for him. He was blessed in having the likes of Xavi,Iniesta, Messi etc at the same time which made his job a lot easier than it would be at our club. The success of Barca is down to the infrastructure and until Roman realises this is what we need then the likes of Guardiola are not for us.

It would just be AVB all over again

I disagree. Guardiola is much smarter would already have earnt respect. The reason I would say no is because he's looked stressed out for more than 1/2 a season now. I would give Robbie a season & see how it goes.

If Robbie manages to complete mission impossible and wins us the Champions League it isn't hard to imagine him having the same impact as Guardiola did at Barcelona even if on a smaller scale.

Like his Barcelona counterpart he has legendary status as a player and favours an attractive game of football that Roman craves.

Plus he is adaptable as his tactics showed against Guardiola's Barca' we know enough already you have to 'dig in' in the Premiership can anyone honestly say Guardiola is suited to that ?

I disagree. Guardiola is much smarter would already have earnt respect. The reason I would say no is because he's looked stressed out for more than 1/2 a season now. I would give Robbie a season & see how it goes.

Yeah also I'd see players such JT and Lamps respecting Guardiola more than AVB. Guardiola's done it all with a big big club, AVB hadn't.

I dont see why we should look any further than what we have. Stop changing it, the fans, players and staff all look like they feel every kick the players take at the minute! When that changes, thats when its time to review our managment. Right now, RDM loves Chelsea he isnt afraid to make changes, and you cant knock what he has done so far.

He has my vote.

NO - the barcelona 'system' has taken 20 years to develop to this point, yes he has developed it further BUT, there are 2 massive reasons why NO is the answer

1. he had only a plan A and brilliant tho it was, it failed

2. we have very few players who could play his way, and 2-3 years of turmoil to get there

he is a great coach in a cosy world he has lived in for 25years, but at CFC he would go the way of AVB

so NO

Nope - so probably he will take a year off as he plans to, then Roman will sack the next high profile coach or give RDM a 1 year only extension next season and this mug (no disrespect to his success at Barca with Messi's goals) will be at the Bridge for 13-14 season, lord help us then.

Redundant as he's not going to come here any time soon, and our managerial position is seen as a poisoned chalice these days, so much so that AVB's reputation in Europe hasn't even suffered much from his tenure.

The issue is that many people believe (wrongly) that his success was easy to achieve because of the players Barca has and that his job was easy, meaning that he's likely to get people on his back if he doesn't deliver instant success (which he probably wouldn't)

He's taking a year off according to Brescia people.

In any case, I'd say the style of football there is the way forward, him Bielsa, Hiddink.. someone like that.

RDM... A big risk, he has potential but he certainly lacks the experience to compare with the top managers.

Also- comparisons to AVB ridiculous. Guardiola much more respectable looking even only at his playing career.

Edited by Pauly

Like his Barcelona counterpart he has legendary status as a player and favours an attractive game of football that Roman craves.

Are you referring to Di Matteo? The man who has played a single striker and counter-attacking, defensive football? Surely not?

Yeah also I'd see players such JT and Lamps respecting Guardiola more than AVB. Guardiola's done it all with a big big club, AVB hadn't.

Perhaps so, but neither could play Pep's style of football. It's why AVB is gone.