Great to see Sam Hutchinson

OxBlue82

I know he has been on the bench a bit since his come back but can I just say how great it was to see Sam Huthinson on the field yesterday.

Coming from someone who has had similar knee injuries it is horrible having to quit the world game at such a young age! But I would like to take my hat of to Sam and I hope he starts figuring more and more for the first team especially in the next few weeks with the amount of games we have with limited resource in defence.

Sam is a credit to the club and an insipiration to anyone who has injuries to never give up and if you love something so much you always keep going. This is the type of mentatlity which wins you trophies.

Welcome back Sam!

I know he has been on the bench a bit since his come back but can I just say how great it was to see Sam Huthinson on the field yesterday.

Coming from someone who has had similar knee injuries it is horrible having to quit the world game at such a young age! But I would like to take my hat of to Sam and I hope he starts figuring more and more for the first team especially in the next few weeks with the amount of games we have with limited resource in defence.

Sam is a credit to the club and an insipiration to anyone who has injuries to never give up and if you love something so much you always keep going. This is the type of mentatlity which wins you trophies.

Welcome back Sam!

Totally agree, massive for the lad. I really hope he goes on to have a long and successful career in football and hopefully with Chelsea.

You can see why Chelsea like him. He has size, he's quick and aggressive and decisive.

I know he had a chronic knee injury. Does anyone know what, specifically, was wrong? Was it cartilage or ligament? Cartilage never gets better but ligaments eventually heal.

You can see why Chelsea like him. He has size, he's quick and aggressive and decisive.

Yep, he gave us a sniff of those attributes almost immediately. I'm really pleased for the lad and pleased our management team are giving him the opportunity to squeeze his way back in...

Yep, he gave us a sniff of those attributes almost immediately. I'm really pleased for the lad and pleased our management team are giving him the opportunity to squeeze his way back in...

I am not sure he would have had this opportunity if we had anyone else in charge, good thing about RDM is that although being Italian he is a Chelsea fan and wants to give the players who want to be Chelsea play. Hopefully we will see some more of the youngsters next season if RDM is appointed.

It was good to see SH on the pitch (as well as doing them 6-1 after the nine man 1-0 at their place). All credit to RDM, whatever happens over the coming matches the youngsters must be given more game time next season - hate to say it but AF at Manure has been doing it for years and his record speaks for its self.

So if Cahill is the next JT, is Hutch now the next Cahill? :D

I think we have some great options at centre back and it's looking very bright for the future too - Cahill and Luiz are still young, and with Chalobah and Hutch coming through as well, we're sorted!

• 3 months later...
Guest RFC_CFC

We really need another RB imo, I know we have paulo and he has been a hero to Chelsea but I just have the feeling we need another option.

^ Well, he made his debut for us at 18 but his career "ended" prematurely through injury at 20, upon which he got his coaching badges and turned down the job of first-team coach at Swindon. Towards the end of last year he signed a new contract, after making an amazing comeback which took all of us by surprise, and featured in the first-team towards the end of last term.

Edit: I must say, prior to his retirement, there were high hopes for him, so we're all hoping he can forge a career. Whether he can ever get back to being genuine Chelsea material is unclear, but here's hoping he has a long and fruitful career. He is obviously held in very high regard at Chelsea.

He was a CB for the ressies but mainly played RB when given a chance in the first team. I think Jose had him lined up as a CB though for the first team squad before his injury from what I can remember.

Archived