Cech: "Play Drogba and Torres"

WRLStanger
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I know RDM has got some fantastic achievements with the 4-2-3-1 formation over the last couple of months but I agree with Cech. To develop the good partnership Torres seems to be forging with Mata (as seen against QPR at the weekend)... I would love to see a 4-2-2-2 in the FA cup final. Mata playing out wide feeding Torres with Drogba up top.

Perhaps its too experimental at this stage of this season. But surely it must be considered, especially with Drog's contract nearly up.

I'm not sure it's worth changing formation for a final. I think both players deserve a place in the starting line-up but to change the shape of the team in a final isn't a good idea. Should keep it the way it is I reckon, as it's working. Although I don't want either of them to miss out

I like the idea, but at the same time I wonder if there's any point. We shouldn't do it now when we have a system we know. Might risk messing things up if we start trying new things late in the season.

And if we are going to try it before next season we need to know if both players will stay.

Have to say that I've always been a huge fan (both in real life and on manager games) of having two strikers up front, one who is big and strong and one who is a quicker one. Strength and speed.

I know RDM has got some fantastic achievements with the 4-2-3-1 formation over the last couple of months but I agree with Cech. To develop the good partnership Torres seems to be forging with Mata (as seen against QPR at the weekend)... I would love to see a 4-2-2-2 in the FA cup final. Mata playing out wide feeding Torres with Drogba up top.

Perhaps its too experimental at this stage of this season. But surely it must be considered, especially with Drog's contract nearly up.

mata is twice the player when he plays in the hole. we finally have our 10. stick anyone else on the wing except mata

Edited by Lane

City proved tonight that playing 2 up top against good teams can still work. I wouldn't mind seeing it experiment against newcastle and if things look like they might go wrong then you can always change it back. Could be the difference between losing and winning the 2 finals so it might be worth the gamble.

If Torres keeps his good form over the next three games, I hope RDM pushes him out wide to give him some time out on the wings.

Torres was both energetic and productive as a wide player earlier this year. Its not ideal, but Drogba must start in Munich.

We have not seen any evidence that Torres and Drogba can work together, which is unfortunate for Nando as he will be the one to miss out. Has to be the Drog against Liverpool as they know how to play against him, and with no JT and Brana we need the Drogs height against Bayern.

I agree with Cech, in fact I have said this more than few times here that both can start in the same team. Torres would obviously have to play out wide but in 4231, there's hardly any player truly wide.

Having said that I agree with those saying we must trust RDB to make the right decision as he has done so far.

Like Marin. But maybe we could try this out in the game against Blackburn, since every other game we have left is too important to risk it.

PS: ^^Same avatar LOL.

Edited by Teritus

City proved tonight that playing 2 up top against good teams can still work. I wouldn't mind seeing it experiment against newcastle and if things look like they might go wrong then you can always change it back. Could be the difference between losing and winning the 2 finals so it might be worth the gamble.

Their system has one striker behind the other and is effectively a 4-2-3-1, though. When it was Aguero and Balotelli, Aguero would play off Balotelli and link up with the wingers to keep possession. Not sure either Drogba or Torres could play that role, particularly as it's Mata's best role

With all due respect to Cech, no way

there is a tried and tested formula that works for CFC at Wembley since it opened after the re build, we saw it in the semi vs Spuds - Drogba up front

He has history vs the dippers in big games starting with the CC final in 2005 and will terrorise them again on Saturday I am sure.

Torres will have his chances next season when hopefully he can kick on to become the prime striker (nevet thought that was possible in Jan), Drogba sadly will most likley be gone, hopefully with 2 more winners medals in his arse pocket