Your Youngsters

Now dont get uptight about a manc making a post lads, but would someone please tell me about your Youth team players and any potential starlets, now sacrifice me if im wrong but doesnt Jose just try to buy anyone whos good or supposed to be good instead of having homegrown talent.

You need to understand the extenet to which we neglected the youth system for years and years and years. This is why we have so little home grown talent breaking through right now.

Since JOse took over we have started putting that right but it will take time to bear fruit.

If you do get a couple of potentials come through, do you think they will get the same chance thet United give their youngsters or will your Dirty Money just be used to buy expensive players.

We have some potential starlets coming. Mancienne might well become a new JT. Then there's Elmer, Sahar, Woods, Smith, Sinclair and a few others.

Will they get a chance in the first team?

Perhaps. If not then I wouldn't say it's because of, what you call, "dirty money". The problem would be that Mourinho doesn't seem too keen on giving homegrown youngsters a chance.

If we have secured the title with a couple of games left of the season then he might be willing to let one or two youngsters play a bit.

Don't get me wrong. I think JM is one of the best managers in the world and I think he's one of the biggest reasons why we have won the league two times in a row. But when it comes to giving youngsters a chance then he is quite bad :)

If you do get a couple of potentials come through, do you think they will get the same chance thet United give their youngsters or will your Dirty Money just be used to buy expensive players.

Most of your youngsters that came good (when Kidd was there) are now coming to the end of their careers.

Lets take a look at who your most important players are now. Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Saha, Van Der Sar, Vidic, Heinze. Hmm, don't appear to be too many Manc youngsters amongst that little lot icon_rolleyes.gif

do you mean the same chances like man utd give to their youngsters. . . the first few rounds of the carling cup and then the reserves for the rest of the season? there isnt 1 manchester united prospect that i rate? where as michael mancienne and scott sinclair both look to have promosing futures at high levels. and what do you mean about jose only buying people who are good or supposed to be good? like when alex ferguson brought world cup winner kleberson? and Djemba Djemba and diego forlan (who didnt score for something like 25 games) and 28 million pounds of seba veron.

p.s ino chelsea brought veron from man utd but he infact was a ranieri signing.

p.p.s before you start having a pop at ranieri it was the same ranieri that pursuaded robben to join chelsea instead of man utd the same ranieri that brought petr cech and the same ranieri that broke the bank to buy joe cole for ?6million. . . only ?2 million more then that irish wonder kid liam miller icon_rolleyes.gif

Now dont get uptight about a manc making a post lads, but would someone please tell me about your Youth team players and any potential starlets, now sacrifice me if im wrong but doesnt Jose just try to buy anyone whos good or supposed to be good instead of having homegrown talent.

This was all covered in an interview Jose gave awhile back. He talked about wanting to create a "Tradition of Winning" at CFC, in that the players believe, and expect to win major trophies on a regular basis. This was lacking before he came along, we were the also rans.

Now in order to achieve this goal, in as SHORT an amount of time as possible, he has, and still is going with the experienced, reliable players. And when the so called "Tradition of Winning" is in place at CFC, (I think that will be when we win the Champions League) then it's the time for properly blooding the younger players.

Simply put, our short term goal, win alot of trophies. Not only get accustomed to it, but come to EXPECT winning all the time.

Our long term goal, have future Terry's and Lampard's coming through.

p.p.s before you start having a pop at ranieri it was the same ranieri that pursuaded robben to join chelsea instead of man utd the same ranieri that brought petr cech and the same ranieri that broke the bank to buy joe cole for ?6million. . . only ?2 million more then that irish wonder kid liam miller icon_rolleyes.gif

We really do have alot to thank Ranieri for I guess, to make it better most of these buys were HUGE bargains as well.

Miroslav Stoch(AM LCR), Scott Sinclair(ST), Ben Sahar(ST) and Sergio Tejera(LW) are supposed to be top class as well. Ryan Bertrand(LB) and Harry Worley(CB) are also highly rated, along with Tom Taiwo(MC) and Michael Woods(MC). All, to my knowledge, are 16 with Sahar and perhaps one or two others having just turned 17.

I imagine one or two will make the step up to the first team at some point in the next 3 or 4 years. No idea what kind of impact they will have, you never really do with kids.

Miroslav Stoch(AM LCR), Scott Sinclair(ST), Ben Sahar(ST) and Sergio Tejera(LW) are supposed to be top class as well. Ryan Bertrand(LB) and Harry Worley(CB) are also highly rated, along with Tom Taiwo(MC) and Michael Woods(MC). All, to my knowledge, are 16 with Sahar and perhaps one or two others having just turned 17.

I imagine one or two will make the step up to the first team at some point in the next 3 or 4 years. No idea what kind of impact they will have, you never really do with kids.

very true. i remember seeing Marney? debut for spurrs against Everton i think they won 4-2 with Marney scoring a 2 goals and 1 was a screamer and also assisted a goal all from midfield, i thought to myself that boy has a massive future ahead of him. now i believe hes playing in the championship.

very true. i remember seeing Marney? debut for spurrs against Everton i think they won 4-2 with Marney scoring a 2 goals and 1 was a screamer and also assisted a goal all from midfield, i thought to myself that boy has a massive future ahead of him. now i believe hes playing in the championship.

The match between Spuds and Everton finished 5-2 to the Spuds icon_razz.gif

The match between Spuds and Everton finished 5-2 to the Spuds icon_razz.gif

the score was irrelevent 8) lol

what was your first impressions on marney after seeing his debut by the way?

If you do win the EP this season, watch the blood on the handles mate !

emm you,

our club has stated several tiems this season that we hope to soon take a back seat in the transfer markets, stop being held to ransom simply because of our "dirty money" and bear the fruits of our youth system.

This will not happen soon, but I bet we will have in a few years more youth team players that you lot will. I also bet you lot will have an american in the side to and still have the term Football taken from your shirt!

Scott

MUFC supporters all try to embellish this myth that their team is full of young starlets coming through from their youth team. The truth is that they bought players when they needed them. In fact they bought the best palayers around, not just bit players. Why? Because they had the money. And this went on for decades. The trouble is that now that we can do the same as they have done for ages they are getting very jealous. icon_twisted.gif

emm you,

our club has stated several tiems this season that we hope to soon take a back seat in the transfer markets, stop being held to ransom simply because of our "dirty money" and bear the fruits of our youth system.

Ok that generally answers my question, you have a decent policy in place now, but you still play your second string team in leser games because they would not be happy behind home grown talent. SWP, Mikel, Kalou, Bridge, Cudcini etc spring to mind.

This will not happen soon, but I bet we will have in a few years more youth team players that you lot will. I also bet you lot will have an american in the side to and still have the term Football taken from your shirt!

If this will be the case so be, at the moment we seem to try to bring our youngsters through, if im not mistaken you do not seem to play them that much. And before anyone questions what youngsters, Evans, Pique, Jones, Bardsley and Martin have all played this season.

Scott

isnt pique on loan at real sociedad or zaragoza for the rest of the season? mikel isnt not playing because he isnt capable, its because of his attitude, before kalou picked up a slight knock he appeared in 7 or 8 consecutive games for chelsea at the start of this premiereship season, michael mancienne is constantly in the first team for QPR and glen johnson is apart of a very strong back four at portsmouth.

Ok that generally answers my question, you have a decent policy in place now, but you still play your second string team in leser games because they would not be happy behind home grown talent. SWP, Mikel, Kalou, Bridge, Cudcini etc spring to mind.

Scott

We first started developing a serious youth program when Jose took over - so two years ago (now two and a half). Most of the academy talent was signed more recently than that, in the last year or two. That's not enough time to produce serious results. Almost all the really promising kids are 16 or 17 - Sahar, Stoch, Tejera, Woods, Sinclair . . . they're not playing because they're still too young to play a serious role in a title race, rather than because we're trying to get games for our backups. Jimmy Smith and Michael Mancienne are the oldest of the bunch at 19, and they're off keeping QPR in the Championship. Which of that lot do you think we should be playing instead of our second string team?

Scott

We first started developing a serious youth program when Jose took over - so two years ago (now two and a half). Most of the academy talent was signed more recently than that, in the last year or two. That's not enough time to produce serious results. Almost all the really promising kids are 16 or 17 - Sahar, Stoch, Tejera, Woods, Sinclair . . . they're not playing because they're still too young to play a serious role in a title race, rather than because we're trying to get games for our backups. Jimmy Smith and Michael Mancienne are the oldest of the bunch at 19, and they're off keeping QPR in the Championship. Which of that lot do you think we should be playing instead of our second string team?

I dont know hence the original question, i suppose it will let us none chelski fans know in a few years when we see them playing that they are from the youth set up and not been bought.

a fw of us have been ondering why jose seems reluctant to play any of our youngsters. SOme of us feel that jose has his favourites, and will play them regardless of their performances. There are a few players who we simply can't play without, and then there is the fact that maybe the juniors are not quite premiership grade.

I would expect to maybe see a couple come through in the summer, give them a run out in the pre season, and see if they are good enough.

I also think that it may be too late in the season to throw youngsters in now as they don't have any premiership experience let alone experience chasing dowm a resurgent Man u.

This is why I expect, this season, for us to loan someone with top tier experience

Scott

Archived