First game at SB for 10 years

JJ_Blue

And I will tell you what I am f**king embarrassed. From the muppet fans that attend games now, the stadium announcer 'let me hear you west stand', the club has become an absolute f**king joke. Roman is single handedly ruining the club... I am not ungrateful I am a passionate Chelsea fan who was there through the sh*t times and when Chelsea FC actually meant something!!!

And I will tell you what I am f**king embarrassed. From the muppet fans that attend games now, the stadium announcer 'let me hear you west stand', the club has become an absolute f**king joke. Roman is single handedly ruining the club... I am not ungrateful I am a passionate Chelsea fan who was there through the sh*t times and when Chelsea FC actually meant something!!!

To be fair the real fans only do aways and the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Man U etc. From what I hear loads of STH's didn't go. Cup games are just tourist and JCL paradise, not a way to judge the support IMO although I agree it's got far worse.

I do go mostly to away games and I agree that being a Carling Cup semi where it was on general sale it would be full of tourists etc.

I just find the whole atmosphere around the ground to be cheesy and desperate. The fact the stadium announcer (Barnett isn't it?) has to try and rouse the fans prior to kick off for a semi final just shows how bad it's got and that is football in general.

SB used to give me that buzz, I love atmosphere and I remember days when we played Brugge 2nd leg, Zaragoza 2nd leg, dippers when we were 2 down at half time, Farcalona when we went 3 up in the slace of 15 minutes and the ground was electric. That was when it felt like Chelsea FC, it felt like a sense of belonging but now I just feel its a shadow of the club I fell in love with all those years ago.

I am embarrassed at the state of our club now to be honest.

I do go mostly to away games and I agree that being a Carling Cup semi where it was on general sale it would be full of tourists etc.

I just find the whole atmosphere around the ground to be cheesy and desperate. The fact the stadium announcer (Barnett isn't it?) has to try and rouse the fans prior to kick off for a semi final just shows how bad it's got and that is football in general.

SB used to give me that buzz, I love atmosphere and I remember days when we played Brugge 2nd leg, Zaragoza 2nd leg, dippers when we were 2 down at half time, Farcalona when we went 3 up in the slace of 15 minutes and the ground was electric. That was when it felt like Chelsea FC, it felt like a sense of belonging but now I just feel its a shadow of the club I fell in love with all those years ago.

I am embarrassed at the state of our club now to be honest.

To be fair, the Matthew Harding and the Half-Shed were very good in the first half, but it all died away after half-time.  Loudest noises were the groans everytime one of ours tried a dodgy back-heel.

Then the Swansea lot started singing a bit louder (couldn't even hear them first half), I thought they were trying to scrae away the oncoming Zulu Impis

I think you are over reacting.

You have your opinion and that is mine. I don't believe I am overreacting because it is exactly how I described it at SB nowadays. It's the semi final of a cup competition. I remember when that actually meant something. Mickey Mouse cup or not it's a semi final and I want to see passion from players and fans alike.

I don't want some Delia f**king style announcer trying to rouse the crowd that should be already happening.

Yorkeyblue - Whilst I do agree about the Shed etc the songs were limited to Carefree, Super Frank and the odd break out of hello hello. The fans don't know the songs and its just a dead place to go. Swansea took about 1000 and they outsang us. I laughed at their support but f**k me they showed real passion and fair play. They appreciated it was a semi final of a cup.

Just feel out of touch with the club at the moment. It's not the Chelsea I remember.

You make some valid points, but what made you stop going for 10 years?

Pricing. Used to go with my old man but then my brother got to an age where was wanting to go and because I had turned 16 pricing went up from £205 - £650. Was going to pay that but the club wouldn't confirm the location of the seat which led me to believe it was a restricted view seat or something like that. Considering I was a ST holder for 13 years previous to me turning 16.

I turned down the ST and then just never had the funds to purchase a ST again. Had memberships but just never managed to get tickets due to work and family etc.

Cup Games are mostly now for those who can only make a few games a year and hence whey they are priced so competively.

Around Gate 8 HML where I sit there were only 4 regulars the rest were made up of tourists a couple of swansea fans who came with their mates from work and a menageree of blokes with their girlfriends who kept telling them they were bored. Now being a woman I wouldn't take my mates to a match if they didn't like football especially the way we are playing at the moment so bored girlfriends and tourists aren't gonna sing songs .

The football is dire the manager is disliked if the players can't get up for a match and they are being paid in a week what most of us owe in a mortgage over 25 years what chance/motivation have the fans.

We fork out money week after week year after year and getting home at 12 oclock at night to watch a pile of disjointed slightly disinterested bunch goinmg through the motions.

We all knew at HT that it needed changing but the bloke being paid to make those decisions couldn't.

The two players who could change the game ran 5k each along the touchline only to be brought on a la soleskar in a lame attempt to try and change the game with 10 mins to go.

I only went as it was a 5 pointer and I missed out on Munich last year so am choosing the higher point games to buck the points on my ST up.

I suggest that if its atmosphere you want go to away games or to Prague - they are much more like the old days and there is always plenty of singing on teh way up there in the pub before and on the way home.

Personally I go to watch the match rather than stand up to hate a team we are not playing at the time but each to their own.

I think all Chelsea fans are grateful for what RA has done for us but he needs to realise he's not a football man. He doesn't know what's best for Chelsea FC he needs to let a good manager manage the team. He also needs to realise you will have a season or two where you don't win the big trophy s but that's OK cause you bounce back. For me his biggest mistake was letting Ancelotti go, he should have given him more time.

Thats modern day football for you, its not just at Chelsea where the atmosphere is mostly crap but everywhere, only certain big or edgy games create an electric atmosphere from home fans.

Loads of fans welcomed day trippers/post euro 96 face painted mugs in to their clubs incl Chelsea fans while loads of old skool were either priced out(me included) or felt so unwanted by the club/fellow fans we stopped going, now grounds are full of people who are better suited at the rugger or F1, people that will pay silly money to an "event" then sit there in silence while either playing with their expensive phones or taking pics.

These days i only do all the cheap cup/CL/wafer cup games or on the odd occasion a pl game with a cheap st i get to use.

Our support has changed, our pubs are closing, our tickets are expensive to watch a load of millionaires run about some of which dont give a f@ck about us or Chelsea FC but just their wages.

Thats the same everywhere, welcome to modern day football.

Archived