Where's your backbone, Chelsea?

Davey Baby

We are a lily-livered club, always trying to curry public favour, always failing at it.

We are weak, we never stand up for ourselves, hence everyone takes potshots.

We allow the press to carry out witch-hunts against our players without speaking out, without putting our foot down, we offer scant protection to these players, they are just allowed to be flogged publicly.

Where's the protection? I cannot see Utd or Arsenal or Everton or Wigan or anyone else allowing themselves to be treated in this way.

Let's call a spade a spade for once in our sorry lives.

Sometimes I pine for the days of Ken Bates, at least he would have put his foot down by now.

Bruce, Gourlay, Roman. everyone .. hang your heads in shame.

Stop trying to kowtow to the press and the authorities .. It doesn't work. 

If you want to stop being bullied you need to assert yourselves.

Where's your self-respect?

I've just about had enough of this.

We are a lily-livered club, always trying to curry public favour, always failing at it.

We allow the press to carry out witch-hunts against our players without speaking out, without putting our foot down, we offer scant protection to these players, they are just allowed to be flogged publicly.

Where's the protection? I cannot see Utd or Arsenal or Everton or Wigan or anyone else allowing themselves to be treated in this way.

Sometimes I pine for the days of Ken Bates, at least he would have put his foot down by now.

It's language like that , that got Terry in trouble. :smile:

Rather than allow the interim to speak on the subject, here's what a club spokesman said in today's press conference, it's just about the weakest thing I have ever heard.

Sometimes you need to go on the front foot rather than the back foot. We are the victims in all of this. Say it.

"The club on the evening recognised the seriousness of the incident, the player recognised that he was wrong to react in that way. The appropriate apologies were made. The club made every effort to make those happen.

"Edin recognised it quickly and those apologies were made and they were accepted. He made those apologies privately in the dressing room. He made a public apology and Rafa dealt with it in the press conference."

::clap2::  ::clap2::  ::clap2::

Well Arsenal and United have had someone on the FA board for the past 10/11 years, it seems to be who you know not what you know.

Boycott the FA cup as the holders that would make some statement but it won't happen.

Well Arsenal and United have had someone on the FA board for the past 10/11 years, it seems to be who you know not what you know.

What would Wenger or Ferguson be saying now if it were their player. Would they be gagged by their clubs? On the contrary, they'd be launching a staunch defence of their player and castigating Swansea.

It's got beyond a joke. Players will no longer want to come if they feel they're going to be persecuted like this. The club needs to stand up. F**k what everyone else thinks. Our policy of trying to be popular doesn't work. In fact it's downright pathetic.

What would Wenger or Ferguson be saying now if it were their player. Would they be gagged by their clubs? On the contrary, they'd be launching a staunch defence of their player and castigating Swansea.

It's got beyond a joke. Players will no longer want to come if they feel they're going to be persecuted like this. The club needs to stand up. F**k what everyone else thinks. Our policy of trying to be popular doesn't work. In fact it's downright pathetic.

100% percent agree!!

Cabaye did the same thing at Goodison. No charge brought against him. Not even a card. At Oxford Utd the same thing happened but worse. A yellow card and no charge. So why Hazard? Because we are the whipping boys and everyone can take liberties. Where is our backbone? Right now, on the home page of our official website, the club should publish a strongly-worded statement, calling a spade a spade. This is victimisation. Where is the punishment for Swansea? Say it Chelsea. For once in your lives, stand up.

You won't get any disagreements from me that we need to
defend our players. The problem is we are clueless at boardroom level and
things that happened prior to this incident have made us follow this path.
Anyway before I hammer the board for this incident I will wait to see what they
do,but I'm not too optimistic and I fear we will get the lube ready and take
it.

As I said threaten to boycott the FA cup as we are not satasfied with how we have been treated.

I agree, we have no friends at the FA, so there isn't anyone we could possibly upset by standing up for ourselves.

In fact, I've still got the hump with them for making us play our FA Cup semi-final late on Sunday night, a couple of days before we played Barcelona. The spanish FA was ok with Barcelona playing on a Friday, but ours didn't want to upset Liverpool rather than help us out.

It might help if we had a proper manager in place - and to anyone who wants to jump into this thread to defend the interim - do one, f**k off, I've had it up to here with your bullsh*t propaganda.

Benitez won't say anything. he wouldn't even if he was given the job on a more permanent basis, but as interim his first priority will be not to upset any apple carts, not to further jeopardise his already tenuous position. The one group of people he won't be too concerned about upsetting are the fans, who in his eyes are really no more than a minor inconvenience.

And neither will the board.

What is required is a proper manager and a proper board. An owner who's actually willing to make his intentions clear would be a start. A board of directors who are willing to support a proper manager and who will the players when it is so obviously the right thing to do. A board who actually care about the club, rather than seeing their current positions as lucrative opportunities.

Chances of any of that actually happening are on a par with your average snowflake in hell's.

I think it's the most pathetic red card I've ever seen, I actually thought it would get rescinded.

Without doubt it's the most pathetic charge of "violent conduct" ever to be brought against a player in the history of the universe.

Yet we'll say nothing.

It's somewhat ironic that an outsider like Benitez has been the only one from the club to stand up to the media so far on this.

Then again, he does like a good fight so perhaps it's just his disposition.

The club should back Eden to the hilt, and I'm sure they will behind closed doors.

That's the most frustrating thing about this whole affair; Hazard has gained support from all over football, yet nobody from Chelsea is stood in his corner. Benitez is an outsider and lacks any trace of integrity, and the people above him have shown repeatedly how unimportant it is for them to do the right thing about their employees. I see them as cold, career-minded individuals whose priority is to avoid stepping on the toes of the establishment in case it compromises their own positions.

I suspect the FA decided what the verdict will be before announcing the charges, but really the evidence all over the web should be more than enough to get these ridiculous charges tossed out. Or, if not tossed out completely, then comparisons with similar incidents (e.g. Oxford) should prevent the FA from increasing Hazard's already unfairly harsh punishment. But I suspect the FA will again be given free reign to take one of our players to the cleaners.

Mourinho wouldn't have stood for this sh*t.

That is just one more reason to hate the red faced excuse.

Think how much Lampard and Terry had to swallow to invite the c**t into the dressing room and explain to Hazard why he is in so much trouble. Eden must really love the league at the moment.

Last season, against Wigan at home, our opponents were the victims of 2 poor offside calls, leading to our goals.

They surrounded the linesman after one of the goals and significantly delayed the restart.

The press didn't let our good fortune go. It became headline news. The inference was clear. If Chelsea get a dodgy decision in their favour, the press will highlight it till the cows come home. We had 2 poor offiside calls given against us in our game at Old Trafford ealier that season, both leading to goals, no-one said a dickybird. That's because Utd are far smarter than us.

Soon after the Wigan game, and with the press frothing at the mouth, they received an apology from the union of officials, and unlike us at QPR, they weren't charged with surrounding an official, even though they had clearly breached the rules.

In other words, we were treated differently by the press and the authorities, and we said nothing. We did not assert ourselves. This is why we continue to be whipping boys. Officials know they are in for a far harder time if they make bad calls in our favour, hence they're always likely to veer on the side of caution. There are no repercussions if you victimise Chelsea, as everybody hates us. The job of our board is to defend the club, particularly against injustices. It just never happens.

I feel sure that if the tables had been turned and it had been our ballboy and a Swansea player "kicking out", we'd have been charged and the Swansea player would be free to play the next game.

As I've said, you need to assert yourself if you want to stop being bullied. Sadly the personnel on our board are all weak.

Again, here's what a club spokesman said in today's press conference. This was prior to the charge ..

"The club on the evening recognised the seriousness of the incident, the player recognised that he was wrong to react in that way. The appropriate apologies were made. The club made every effort to make those happen.

"Edin recognised it quickly and those apologies were made and they were accepted. He made those apologies privately in the dressing room. He made a public apology and Rafa dealt with it in the press conference."

So, where did all this grovelling and apologising get us? Nowhere. Nowhere at all. We were weak and we have been treated accordingly. This was the moment to speak out, rather than apologise, for we have nothing to apologise for. 

Can anyone point me towards Swansea's apology? There isn't one.

We should have come out fighting but we just bent over and as a result we've been f**ked up the arse. I'm sure Hazard would have appreciated being backed publicly, as he would have been at any other club.

No one has really publically supported Hazard inside the club as said which is pretty much the saddest thing to happen. They are clearly told not to. To outside we must look really weak.

It is so unbelieveable we are even discussing a matter like this.

I'm waiting to see what happens the next time a player boots the ball into the crowd in anger, remember doing that could kill someone.  

Also Tim Henman once smashed a tennis ball into a ball girls face and she hadn't laid down on the ball or done anything like this little runt.  That really did hurt and she cried her eyes out but a bunch of flowers and a couple of photos together later and it was all forgotten and within a couple of years he was Britain's tennis darling.

Does anyone for one moment think that if Hazard was playing for Man U he'd be facing a ban right now? Fergie would have kicked up hell about the antics of the ballboy. And Foy would never referee a Man U game again. Oh wait, he's already barred from their games anyway so Howard Webb would have been in charge on Wednesday. I expect he'd have sent off the ballboy and awarded Man U a penalty.

Archived