What's needed for next season

Ballack & Blu
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

a) Do we need to restructure right through the team

b) Can Oscar Mata and Hazard start together

c) If we change should we go with Courtois

d) Who of the current XI are guaranteed starters

e) Will Lukaku and De-Bruyne fit straight in..(if recalled from loan)

I know there are 10 PL games to go, but we struggled manfully to a easy 1-0 against West Brom, we should of buried them, and that is my concern..

a) No

b) Yes but not all the time

c) Not next season, no.

e) No

And (d) is the interesting one as the days of us having guaranteed starters are a thing of the past. Only Cech and Cole are probably guaranteed when fully fit and then Mata, but even he needs a rest every few games. IF we do make one biggish signing and lets face it we need a striker, so if we were to get Falcao, then he would be hard to leave out but other than that it's horses for courses and those who are in form play and the others have to fight for a place which is always how it should be.

Lukaku and KDB will be good additions to the squad and maybe Chalobah & McEachran. Have to wait and see what happens on the Lamps situation but the squad just needs a bit of tinkering and a top manager and I think we will be back up there challenging for the PL.

Do you honestly think the midfield create the space for a Falcao to operate in, it all seems very congested, watched suarez tonight, and they play him like they did Torres, but Suarez isn't as quick as Torres was, so would Falcao flourish with our Barca-esque midfield trio..

We need to get rid of JT Lamps n Cech................Dont pull your hair out im joking.......We certainly need a differing structure of play making next season.....OR.....Maybe all we need is good psychology ....Once the team have a manager they respect and one that isnt going to allow the players to dictate what training or whatever they are told to do,we ll be fine......We need to sell Fernando and bring in  someone special to play with BA....A sort of OSSIE N HUTCH scenario.....We need a manager who will make some of these halfwits able to think quickly on the pitch and play HARD FAST SOUL WRECKING ATTACKING football.....We have to be mean ...MAN UTD are so good because they destroy the oppos  mental state by non stop attacking tough football....We wont win any CL finals for a while, but i believe we NEED the Prem trophy.....( and sharpish too)

All we need is a manager who can coach a team of talented players, to actually play cohesively.

...And maybe a striker.

Edited by Cam

a) Do we need to restructure right through the team

Absolutely not, we need one or two additions in key areas, either a top drawer centre forward or a good one to back up Ba and Lukaku, and a defensive midfielder who can anchor our midfield

b) Can Oscar Mata and Hazard start together

Yes.

Not starting our two best players together when they're a: fit, and b: tactically suitable against the opposition, makes no sense at all.

c) If we change should we go with Courtois

No, not yet.

d) Who of the current XI are guaranteed starters

1. Petr Cech.

2. Juan Mata (when fit)

Other than that, I don't see any players as being untouchable.

e) Will Lukaku and De-Bruyne fit straight in..(if recalled from loan)

Why wouldn't they?

Both are still developing of course, but can they contribute from the get go? Absolutely.

We need a manager that can best figure out the way to play 3 #10's at the same time, that is the key to our success.

As far as personnel, ideally it would be Torres, Mikel, Benayoun and Ferreira out, and a new striker and deep lying midfielder in.

All we need in my opinion is a replacement for Lamps (Essien recall?) and a major striker. Trade Torres for Falcao, and recall Lukaku and we're all set.

Cech's got a good 2-3 years I bet, and there's no sense in letting a talent like Courtois rot on the bench--he's just going to get better and better at AM.

Oh yeah, and Jose as manager... we need to recall him from his loan spell...

We have a fairly unbalanced team. Our defence is ok. Our midfield is poor. Our attacking midfield is world class. Our strike force is poor.

What we need?

First a foremost, a talented manager with a long-term contract who is given TIME. Rogers had a really bad start with his Liverpool side, but now they're top four contenders. Why? He was given TIME.

Second, we need to show Torres the door, bring in a world class striker (Cavani please) and bring back Lukaku. 

Third, we need to bolster our holding midfield positions. A Martinez type holding player would be perfect. Lars Bender perhaps? 

If we get top four, I'm really looking forward to next season. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I honestly think we will get someone decent in, who will shape our future. 

Ship out Torres and get in a top quality striker. I'm not so sure we need a deep lying midfielder we have Romeu, Mikel, (Chalobah, McEachran, Aké) and Lampard although none are the most accomplished passers by any means a deep lying, strong playmaker is what I want. Lukaku, De Bruyne, Chalobah, McEachran, Omerou all back from loan would fill some holes.

Edited by Gormo1997

Lukaku and KDB to stay here, everyone else currently on loan either to go back out or get sold.

Ferreira, Malouda and Benayoun all expire at the end of the season I believe so they'll be gone, sadly so will Frank.

We all hope Torres will be gone but even more sadly I can't see anyone forking out for his wages.

A new striker in and a new midfielder, possibly also a new left back if they don't think Bertrand has progressed enough.

I'm not sure we should spend another 30-50m on a top name and hoping it'll work this time. If we can get a good deal like Ba that's great, but if we can't I wouldn't mind starting the next season with Ba, Lukaku and Feruz.

a) No

b) Yes. Oscar in the middle, Hazard left, Mata right.

c) I'd loan Courtois out for another season.

d) Cech, Cole, Oscar, Mata, Hazard.

e) I'd have Lukaku, KDB and Chalobah in every squad at a minimum. I expect us to sign a world class striker and Lukaku to regularly come off the bench and start cup games. KDB would go straight into the team either with Ramires or in place of him. If we're playing on the counter I'd probably start with Ramires ahead of KDB. I'd bring Chalobah back and give him a genuine opportunity at DM as I think he can be world class. 

Predicted team:

--------------Cech

Azpi-----Luiz----Terry------Cole

---------KDB Ramires

-------------Oscar

Mata---------------------Hazard

-------------Cavani

Team I'd like to see:

---------------Cech

Azpi-----Ivan-----Terry-----Cole

---------Chalobah KDB

---------------Oscar

Mata-----------------------Hazard

--------------Falcao

A proper 25 man squad.

Cech

Courtois

Turnbull

Cole

Azpilicueta 

Terry 

Cahill

Ivanovic

Luiz

Bertrand

Chalobah

Lampard ;)

Romeu

Mikel

KDB

Ramires

McEachran

Mata

Oscar

Hazard

Moses

Marin

Ba

Lukaku

Torres

I wouldn't call that a bad 25 man squad with most being international players

Cech

Courtois

Turnbull

Cole

Azpilicueta 

Terry 

Cahill

Ivanovic

Luiz

Bertrand

Chalobah

Lampard ;)

Romeu

Mikel

KDB

Ramires

McEachran

Mata

Oscar

Hazard

Moses

Marin

Ba

Lukaku

Torres

I wouldn't call that a bad 25 man squad with most being international players

Why the f**k is Torres still there???

Why the f**k is Torres still there???

well this is 'our best 25 man squad without getting any hopes up' Slim chance Torres will go for 3 reasons 1) Awful form 2) Club wont let him go on a free 3)clubs wont pay more than double figures and his ridic high wages when plenty more players better than him for less

well this is 'our best 25 man squad without getting any hopes up' Slim chance Torres will go for 3 reasons 1) Awful form 2) Club wont let him go on a free 3)clubs wont pay more than double figures and his ridic high wages when plenty more players better than him for less

But why would you still include him? Feruz is twice the player. Whack him in there. Otherwise its basically a 24 man squad.

Edited by CunningStunt

But why would you still include him? Feruz is twice the player. Whack him in there. Otherwise its basically a 24 man squad.

Errrrr....Torres may border on useless, but I don't know a player who hasn't played a first team game can be judged as twice the player.

Errrrr....Torres may border on useless, but I don't know a player who hasn't played a first team game can be judged as twice the player.

You just have to be on the pitch and you'd be twice the player. The current Torres is truly the worst player I've seen in the PL and there's no way Feruz is worse than him. He doesn't need to have played for the full squad for me to know this. 

And even if you're not sure about Feruz ability, Torres is useless. As I said, it would be a 24 man squad if you included him. Might as well include Feruz instead. 

Edited by CunningStunt