Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JM7

PES 2015

Demo is out today in Europe. It's only a demo but what a fantastic game. So much more depth to it than FIFA which I find too samey and one dimensional. 

There's still a couple of things which they could do to improve it. It's slighty too fast and needs slowing down. The slide tackling needs to be sorted as well. They have a couple of months to tweak this stuff anyway.

Out on the 23rd November - come on, don't be a FIFA fan boy. Give it a try,looks isn't everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJ6IgKIYaU

Guest RFC_CFC

It's been out for 2 weeks now non Europe , I enjoyed it at first but it's too arcadey for me.

Prefer FiFA

I think we had this conversation elsewhere RFC_CFC how I find FIFA more Arcadey. I guess it's just each to their own.

I see PES having many layers too it, though at times in can be frustration.

This is the best analogy I can use. FIFA is the 9/10 almost model like girl with the perfect body. She is pretty plain personality wise but it is fun to play with her. PES is the 7/10 cute librarian. You are first attracted to her because of her alternative quirk and you do find her somewhat attractive. But then you get to know her and she's got so many more interesting aspects to her that you are curiously intrigued.

This year for the first time in 5/6 years, I will be getting both.

Guest RFC_CFC

Yeah it's just how you feel. PES is fun to play don't get me wrong but the ridiculous power shots form 30 yards and super human throws from the keepers just frustrate me.

I will play both but FIFA for me is still king in terms of the most realistic football title out there.

Career mode in BPL is stunning, only had 4 matches so far but it blew me away lol.

Guest RFC_CFC

I'm on PS4 bud.

It's good that PES is out later so we have soemthing fresh to play. I'll probably get it Christmas time which gives me a few months of FIFA.

Guest RFC_CFC

Fifa just feels so one dimensional.

Opposite for me.

PES feels clunky and slow while FIFA is more free flowing

Guest RFC_CFC

Fifa is abit Arsenal- it looks nice and pretty but it lacks any real substance.

If tht were true then Pes would be QPR.

Looks horrible and plays worse lol

There are a few things that do need changing - slide tackling is ridiculous and its slightly too fast. So yeah, I hope it changes a little.

Its annoying how far away the Pes release date is. Not sure why they bring it out in November.

Yeah PES used to be amazing. Fifa stole every little detail from them and had all the licensing for teams and players. For years havent touched PES as it feels arcade instead of simulation. I tried the demos though.

I dont play either anymore, but I always loved PES. However I realise in the last 2 or 3 years its gotten worse.

To me PES felt like the cloest thing to a game of football on a console.The close control and turning, being able to actually dribble round someone without having to do a trick like in FIFA.

I've never really taken to FIFA on the xbox or playstation, when you move the ball around its like an ice hockey puck.

I also hate that you can rarely score from corners, and I hate the shooting gauge etc.

The old PES games from a few years ago were so much more fun.

Guest RFC_CFC

PES on PS1 and 2 were the gold standard.

Nothing since has touched them which is depressing considering how powerful concoles are these days.

How's everyone finding it so far? Enjoying it?

Positives:

- The gameplay is incredible. The movement of the players is brilliant.

- The lack of kits isn't a problem as I thought. The basic templates you can get online work just fine.

- Enjoyable to play

Negatives:

- Graphics still look dated and last gen

- Presentation could be improved

- Slide tackling is too difficult and frustrating

Fantastic game overall. Haven't started Master League but will do soon.

Guest RFC_CFC

Enjoying myclub.

Some players I've got are:

Yaya Toure

Tiago Silva

Schweinsteiger

Mexes

The rest are kinda average like schwartzer and some players who I've never heard of!

Gameplay wise it's far better than fifa in terms of AI.

Some things I love are:

Player movement

Variety of passes, different ways to score and shoot.

Player individuality

Myclub

Some things I think need improved:

Commentary as it's shockingly poor

More animations

Option files for next gen

More stadiums

Presentation is very dated so that needs a lick of paint!

Stamina is a bit extreme in that players are gassed after 50-60 mins...very unrealistic.

Overall I'm enjoying it more than FIFA and it's the best PES since the PS2 games, still though it needs work.

How's everyone finding it so far? Enjoying it?

Positives:

- The gameplay is incredible. The movement of the players is brilliant.

- The lack of kits isn't a problem as I thought. The basic templates you can get online work just fine.

- Enjoyable to play

Negatives:

- Graphics still look dated and last gen

- Presentation could be improved

- Slide tackling is too difficult and frustrating

Fantastic game overall. Haven't started Master League but will do soon.

Positives:

- Plays like football. Watch a game of football then play a game of PES well, it will play like PES.

-Variety of play. Anything feels possible out there. I feel like an artist on the football pitch and I love the ability to switch between manual and non manual with the trigger in game.

-Player ID. It's still there for key players and you notice the difference using elite players. Fifa the pacey and strong players are the best.

-User friendly skill moves. Not overly effective if used constantly but easy to use and rewarded when used at the same time.

-Teams. Not missing too many teams and I really appreciate the AFC champions league as then one of my favourite players, Asamoah Gyan is in the game. Baby Jet!!!

Negatives:

-Through balls feel a bit railly. I wish there was an option like normal passing to alter how manual through balls are (I'm not good enough to go full manual.

-Edit mode. I don't mind about no image importer but I wish we were able to at least create our own emblems and text with pixels. I love creating my own team for Master League and updating their kit each year. I would also love a stadium editor aswell. I just wish the game was more sandbox, like we could import sound data for fans, edit fans behaviour based on which club you are at. Over the years PES has become less and less sandbox. I love personalising my own game.

-Graphics and animations. They are still last gen and could greatly improved. I don't think FIFA's are special either though they are currently better. PES definitely have more potential on their graphics. I just wish Konami teamed with 2K once the fox engine life span ends. Those guys know how to make a sports game look good.

Overall:

Very impressed. Last year was so so bad. I was ready to convert back from FIFA as the game has become stagnant but PES just was a mess. Though when you see this game, you can see why last year was necessary.

I view last year as PES 1, this is like PES 2 so I am hoping that in the next few years there is further improvement. What excites me is that PES have a very solid platform to build off. Something they didn't have when moving away from the PS2 era.

Guest RFC_CFC

Is MyClub like FUT?

Never really spent time on UT, I think it’s PES’s version of it though.

You get points/coins for winning games and unlocking various things like offering a contract to a manager, renewing a players contract ect.

There is a contracts menu where you can get a run of the mil agent to look for a player and they have a 0-7% chance of getting one at 75 or over. It takes you to a screen with various colours of balls going round and you press x and see what ball it stops on. White is a piss poor player, Bronze is a poor one, Silver is an ok one, Gold is a 75 or over player while Black is a superstar.

You also have Top agents who will get you a 75 rated minimum player and again like the normal agents it’s a conveyor belt of balls a (Gold and Black) and you do the same hit x and hope it lands on black ideally. Top agent cost 15000 though (I think) so you can only use this a few times…will take some time to build a team of top players.

Your team is shown with team spirit/chemistry so the more you play this increases and it shows a heat map to show where you are strongest on the park.

You can also choose to loan a player and you get them for a set amount of games, they cost less than using a top agent but you can’t keep them after the games are up.

Players get a 10 game contract and they need renewed after they have played that amount of games (again costing points) you can keep these players even if their contracts are not renewed though, they stay in your squad list. You also need to renew your managers contract and eventually you need better managers if you want more good players in your squad as each manager has a maximum strength so if your team exceeds this amount you can’t play some of the better players.

You can choose to play against CPU or an online match against other users of myclub. It’s set up in divisions online and you move up through them as you gain points for wins, draws. You start out on regular difficulty and this increases to professional ect as you play a certain amount of games.

Is MyClub like FUT?

Sort of. There is no external market though, you buy players from agents (like packs) and spin the wheel for a certain level of player.

In some respects it is frustrating because I can't go and get the exact player I want (Gyan) in others I like it because it means people have different teams, price locking in the market doesn't occur.

Other differences are a cap on team ability and team chemistry is built through an accumulation of games a player played aswell as his compatibility with a manager (which can't be changed).

Like all PES modes the menus and presentation isn't as slick which can make the mode feel a bit bare, but essentially the core concept is the same and it's much more engineered to create a level playing field