The FA Cup Semi Final Draw and venues

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Will we see some sense from the FA?

Based on the teams left in the pot there is going to be two London clubs and two clubs from Northern tundras.

So there is either goiing to be a London derby and a Northern 'derby' or we are going to see two North vs South games.

With these two possibilities in mind even a goat herder in the Andes could think of sensible venues for each outcome of the draw.

Lets see if the FA can do likewise.

Will we see some sense from the FA?

Based on the teams left in the pot there is going to be two London clubs and two clubs from Northern tundras.

So there is either goiing to be a London derby and a Northern 'derby' or we are going to see two North vs South games.

With these two possibilities in mind even a goat herder in the Andes could think of sensible venues for each outcome of the draw.

Lets see if the FA can do likewise.

You really think the FA have the brainpower of a goat herder in the Andes icon_eek.gif ?? Methinks that's too much credit...

In an ideal world the semis should be:

Blackburn V Manchester United or Middlesbrough

Watford V Chelsea or Tottenham

In regard to venues the two that should be considered are Anfield and the Emirates. These two venues would be perfect should the ties end up like that. However it is going to be the same old thing, with old Trafford and Villa park the venues for the semi finals.

New wembley, a showcase game for the FA, worldwide distribution rights to be sold...the FA must be desperate for a Man Utd vs Chelsea final.

If anyone in or around the London area experiences any power outages it is because two of the four balls are currently being warmed up before being dropped into the bag!!

New wembley, a showcase game for the FA, worldwide distribution rights to be sold...the FA must be desperate for a Man Utd vs Chelsea final.

If anyone in or around the London area experiences any power outages it is because two of the four balls are currently being warmed up before being dropped into the bag!!

I feel that is a possibility and might just happen today in the draw.

I thought Wembly was going to be used for the semis - but maybe that's next year.

Now it's Blackburn expect Stadium of Light, Sunday with a 12:45 k.o.

Utd at Villa Park with a Saturday 17.00 ko.

Got the whisper from D Dean.

well that was always going to happen, no chance of a fair or sensible draw from the FA is there?

I would imagine that the twats will decide that it'll be played at Old Trafford despite the fact that there is no way in the world that we would fill our allocation, but at least the press could complain about our crap support though. Although they might play it at Cardiff so all the fans have maximum distance to travel (except me ;) )

I suggest Old Trafford for the London derby.

Or St James' Park

Unfortunately, that's a surefire bet. icon_confused.gif

hows about Celtic Park on the day that the Old Firm meet at Ibrox.

With the FA I wouldn't put it past them !!!!

When are the venue's announced?

When some thick tw*t at the FA has worked out on a calculator just how far he can make 40,000 people travel in one day !!!!

He also needs to consult with the highways agencies to establish where all the major roadworks are as well as the rail network som they can do another 'Newport special'!!