Jose Mourinho thread

That's not rubbish it's a fact I saw on ssn.

So you know what the scores would be in every single game from the start of the season till Mourinho got sacked. You know who would or not of got sent off? You know about the injuries? You know the team selections? How the hell is it fact. Can you give me your selections for the horse racing at the weekend?

Fact is Chelsea lost to PSG at home. If I was manager of Chelsea this season and we would of won the league isn't a fact.

So you know what the scores would be in every single game from the start of the season till Mourinho got sacked. You know who would or not of got sent off? You know about the injuries? You know the team selections? How the hell is it fact. Can you give me your selections for the horse racing at the weekend?

Fact is Chelsea lost to PSG at home. If I was manager of Chelsea this season and we would of won the league isn't a fact.

If anyone is 15 years of age in here and been a Chelsea fan since 2005, it's definitely you. You really are a brain dead halfwit..

Let me quote myself because your argument is so far up Jose's a$$ you have failed to process what I wrote.

"If the league started when Hiddink arrived we would be top 5 ahead of Arsenal, Liverpool and City"

What this means plastic Ernie, is that if you create a league table from the moment Hiddink arrived the Premier League table would look like this:

1st - Spurs P15 Points 35

2nd - Leicester P15 Points 31

3rd - Chelsea P14 Points 26

4th - West Ham P14 Points 25

Do you understand the fact I was trying to point out now? Our form under Hiddink leaves us in the mix with sides who are all having very good seasons. Problem is we left ourselves too much to do from the previous 16 games before Hiddink was in charge.

Edited by KonaKai Blue

If anyone is 15 years of age in here and been a Chelsea fan since 2005, it's definitely you. You really are a brain dead halfwit..

Let me quote myself because your argument is so far up Jose's a$$ you have failed to process what I wrote.

"If the league started when Hiddink arrived we would be top 5 ahead of Arsenal, Liverpool and City"

What this means plastic Ernie, is that if you create a league table from the moment Hiddink arrived the Premier League table would look like this:

1st - Spurs P15 Points 35

2nd - Leicester P15 Points 31

3rd - Chelsea P14 Points 26

4th - West Ham P14 Points 25

Do you understand the fact I was trying to point out now? Our form under Hiddink leaves us in the mix with sides who are all having very good seasons. Problem is we left ourselves too much to do from the previous 16 games before Hiddink was in charge.

And what is the point in stating the league table half way through a season plastic KonaKai Blue who started supporting Chelsea when Mourinho was manager and all the trophies was won. KonaKai Blue must of been gutted when Chelsea won the league under Mourinho.

Again your point is invalid because Arsenals form has tailed off, maybe because they was in the title hunt and bottled it but at the beginning of the season the pressure was off so there form was better. Season don't start in December, different part of the season, different pressure etc.

And what is the point in stating the league table half way through a season plastic KonaKai Blue who started supporting Chelsea when Mourinho was manager and all the trophies was won. KonaKai Blue must of been gutted when Chelsea won the league under Mourinho.

Again your point is invalid because Arsenals form has tailed off, maybe because they was in the title hunt and bottled it but at the beginning of the season the pressure was off so there form was better. Season don't start in December, different part of the season, different pressure etc.

Why can't you just grow up and realise a factual point I made that you misunderstood instead of trying to be wrong and strong?

This statistic was conjured up by many football media outlets and it's a perfectly valid comparison to judge our form under Hiddink. There is a reason why we have form tables you know. 

You cannot tell me my point is invalid because Arsenals form has tailed off? That really makes absolutely no sense!!!!!! Regardless of pressure etc, those are the facts since Hiddink took charge. We are top 5 in the form table. If the league started when he took charge, that is how it would look.

Going into detail about player and team performance is another matter.

Here you go chaps ...  Jose left on Dec 17th ... inescapable fact that we are 3rd in a league table after that date, and 16th before it (one point out of the drop zone). 16 games for Jose and 15 for post-Jose. Quite a difference with the same apparently sh*tty squad of players ... even with an average job from good old Gus :-)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2015-2016/between-dates

Why can't you just grow up and realise a factual point I made that you misunderstood instead of trying to be wrong and strong?

This statistic was conjured up by many football media outlets and it's a perfectly valid comparison to judge our form under Hiddink. There is a reason why we have form tables you know. 

You cannot tell me my point is invalid because Arsenals form has tailed off? That really makes absolutely no sense!!!!!! Regardless of pressure etc, those are the facts since Hiddink took charge. We are top 5 in the form table. If the league started when he took charge, that is how it would look.

Going into detail about player and team performance is another matter.

Of course it's right where Chelsea are regarding league position since Hiddink took over. But there can't be comparisons to Mourinho because it's different times of the season and it's different part of the season for every other club. It also doesn't mean Chelsea would finish top 4, far from it.

If Chelsea would be in the top 4 under Hiddink so far it truly shows the lack of quality this year. Chelsea have been poor to watch under Hiddink, so boring and mechanical. The man hates making a sub and when he does its only because of a injury or never makes sense.

To sum Grandad up he just wants to protect his unbeaten record and basically said that in his latest interview. So expect more of Iva, Mikel and co and less of RLC I reckon.

Are you really going to defend him dismissing my factual point of our league table form since Hiddink arrived and agree with his forecasting based on previous results? This is what it has really come to?

All I can say is wow.

Exactly .. we are comparing a sample size of 15 games vs a sample size of 16 games, which would be a statistically valid comparison in any mathematician's book, even ones from Portugal. And it's 3rd vs 16th ... still at least the board put their hand in their pocket and got Hiddink Matt Miazga and Pato in eh !! That must explain the difference .. Hiddink was "backed" and Jose wasn't !!!

Edited by Sexyfootball

Yeah he lost 9 of his 16 pl games, does that make him a bad manager?

You're asking the wrong person mate - I'm firmly in the "Yes" camp :-)

I was for the first two seasons he was here second time around as well. Won less trophies than Rafa in his first season back, and blew a winning position in the PL with stupid comments about losing and "little horses" that gave confidence to the opposition (no idea why he did that as the man is not an idiot), and then second season watched us blow sides away for half a season, have one reversal and then shat himself and shored up shop so that we limped over the line with terrible football.  Very glad he is gone, as are about a third of our fan base based on polls I have seen ...

When a man is that devisive of the fan base, and you see so many personal insults from one Chelsea fan to another flying about in threads like this one, I can only think it is a very good thing indeed that he is no longer here.

Here you go chaps ...  Jose left on Dec 17th ... inescapable fact that we are 3rd in a league table after that date, and 16th before it (one point out of the drop zone). 16 games for Jose and 15 for post-Jose. Quite a difference with the same apparently sh*tty squad of players ... even with an average job from good old Gus :-)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2015-2016/between-dates

The biggest difference for me is the return to full fitness of Diego Costa in that. He himself has said he wasn't in the required shape to start the season and started doing two-a-day sessions to get into shape.

His improvement is marked and it completely changed the way we played.

The problem with those stats and something that other sports have a huge step-up on the football is they can account (to a certain extent) for the adjusted difficulty of opponents. 

You might not agree with that, but look at Arsenal, Man City and Palace over the same two periods. 

Arsenal went 2.06 to 1.57 points per game.

City from 2.00 to 1.36 points per game.

Palace went from 1.71 points per game to just 0.50 points per game (and are a team we faced under Jose when they were in form and under Guus when they weren't, so it highlights how you're facing two different propositions simply based on when you face them).

None of these teams changed coaches but had fairly large drop-offs in form that require explanation, much like our improvement would.

That's the problem with stats - they're very complicated things and they don't tell the whole story.

Edited by ShedEnder91

The biggest difference for me is the return to full fitness of Diego Costa in that. He himself has said he wasn't in the required shape to start the season and started doing two-a-day sessions to get into shape.

His improvement is marked and it completely changed the way we played.

The problem with those stats and something that other sports have a huge step-up on the football is they can account (to a certain extent) for the adjusted difficulty of opponents. 

You might not agree with that, but look at Arsenal, Man City and Palace over the same two periods. 

Arsenal went 2.06 to 1.57 points per game.

City from 2.00 to 1.36 points per game.

Palace went from 1.71 points per game to just 0.50 points per game (and are a team we faced under Jose when they were in form and under Guus when they weren't, so it highlights how you're facing two different propositions simply based on when you face them).

None of these teams changed coaches but had fairly large drop-offs in form that require explanation, much like our improvement would.

That's the problem with stats - they're very complicated things and they don't tell the whole story.

But there ok when they back you up ;)

If Hiddinks and Mourinhos records was identical but Hiddink had 10 players out injured it would be mentioned. If Mourinho had 10 players out injured it would be excuses excuses, that's the sort of people your debating with.

You're asking the wrong person mate - I'm firmly in the "Yes" camp :-)

I was for the first two seasons he was here second time around as well. Won less trophies than Rafa in his first season back, and blew a winning position in the PL with stupid comments about losing and "little horses" that gave confidence to the opposition (no idea why he did that as the man is not an idiot), and then second season watched us blow sides away for half a season, have one reversal and then shat himself and shored up shop so that we limped over the line with terrible football.  Very glad he is gone, as are about a third of our fan base based on polls I have seen ...

When a man is that devisive of the fan base, and you see so many personal insults from one Chelsea fan to another flying about in threads like this one, I can only think it is a very good thing indeed that he is no longer here.

Same people celebrate the trophies he won that never wanted him there lol. Won less trophies than Di Matteo in his first season back. Rafa and Di Matteo must be better managers then.

When did this modern interest in "celebrity managers" take root anyway ?

No-one used to give a sh*t who the manager was in the old days ... :-)

I blame Red Nose ...

Cloughie wasn't it? That's who Jose cited a few times and he certainly had something of a media presence. Maybe someone earlier?

That's Brian Clough btw.

Edited by ShedEnder91

Cloughie wasn't it? That's who Jose cited a few times and he certainly had something of a media presence. Maybe someone earlier?

That's Brian Clough btw.

I didn't think you meant Nigel ... :smile:

I suppose there was also Atkinson and his sheepskin coat ... and Tommy D ... Barry Fry was a good one as well.

Don't recall much fuss and nonsense about our managers though.

Of course it's right where Chelsea are regarding league position since Hiddink took over. But there can't be comparisons to Mourinho because it's different times of the season and it's different part of the season for every other club. It also doesn't mean Chelsea would finish top 4, far from it.

If Chelsea would be in the top 4 under Hiddink so far it truly shows the lack of quality this year. Chelsea have been poor to watch under Hiddink, so boring and mechanical. The man hates making a sub and when he does its only because of a injury or never makes sense.

To sum Grandad up he just wants to protect his unbeaten record and basically said that in his latest interview. So expect more of Iva, Mikel and co and less of RLC I reckon.

Are you coming round to your senses now realising that your earlier ridicule of my point was downright foolish?

Of course there can be comparisons, that's why they are there and always have been!!!! I didn't say we would finish in the top 4 if Hiddink was in charge, I simply stated our league standing based on from when Hiddink first arrived.

You even ridiculously brought Arsenal in the frame saying the point of comparison is irrelevant because they are out of form and pressure is off. Absolute nonsense!!! The pressure has been on them heavily in that time period and they have folded (so much for a team with an identity and a board putting ours to shame).

It's sad to see that you are that much of a Jose fanboy, you have the cheek to turn it into some kind of war against Hiddink, calling him Grandad as if he is some outsider to the club.  I agree under Hiddink, we have been poor to watch, not much different than Jose however results have improved. Under Jose himself, many times we were absolutely shocking to watch, but to most of us we didn't care as the 3 points mattered most. I just don't understand how you can openly lay criticism on Hiddink and clearly refrain from holding Jose accountable for most of the very same actions with far more losses to his name against promoted sides with half their squad injured.

Edited by KonaKai Blue

Are you coming round to your senses now realising that your earlier ridicule of my point was downright foolish?

Of course there can be comparisons, that's why they are there and always have been!!!! I didn't say we would finish in the top 4 if Hiddink was in charge, I simply stated our league standing based on from when Hiddink first arrived.

You even ridiculously brought Arsenal in the frame saying the point of comparison is irrelevant because they are out of form and pressure is off. Absolute nonsense!!! The pressure has been on them heavily in that time period and they have folded (so much for a team with an identity and a board putting ours to shame).

It's sad to see that you are that much of a Jose fanboy, you have the cheek to turn it into some kind of war against Hiddink, calling him Grandad as if he is some outsider to the club.  I agree under Hiddink, we have been poor to watch, not much different than Jose however results have improved. Under Jose himself, many times we were absolutely shocking to watch, but to most of us we didn't care as the 3 points mattered most. I just don't understand how you can openly lay criticism on Hiddink and clearly refrain from holding Jose accountable for most of the very same actions with far more losses to his name against promoted sides with half their squad injured.

Actually I have critised Mourinho on other threads for many things. The Eva row, playing the same out of form players, not giving players a chance including Luis last year who I rated. Then in the end Mourinho had lost the dressing room, why only the players and coach know. I critised Mourinho for all them things like I do for the things I said before for Hiddink.

Your getting my Arsenal point wrong, how many years have Arsenal started well then faltered off the second half of the season. That's my point about pressure, less pressure for Arsenal in the first half of the season then when its squeaky bum time they falter. Mourinhos and Hiddinks games are not really comparable because of the opposition faced, how in or out of form those clubs where, injuries, suspensions.

When have I said Arsenal have a identity?