Jose Mourinho thread

massive numbers of stock piled loaned out players who seemingly will never get a chance to show what they can do in the 1st team.

What do you think they are doing on loan? If they don't impress at a lower level team what makes you think they have more to show in our first team ? Loans surely save us having to mainly sift through the gravel to find the diamonds.

What do you think they are doing on loan? If they don't impress at a lower level team what makes you think they have more to show in our first team ? Loans surely save us having to mainly sift through the gravel to find the diamonds.

Two players. 

One has 3 loans to lower division clubs scoring 43 goals in 97 games.

The other has 4 loans and scores 14 goals in 43 games.

After that set of loans, one player is given a chance in the first team the other goes on another two loans to Premier League teams where he features in just 8 matches.

My point is that we don't use the loan system correctly. We don't capitalise on the experience these players gain on their travels, we simply use it to get them a loan at another club. It's a never-ending cycle and it's failed time and time again.

Any young player with ambition should use our facilities through their teenage years and then leave before they sign their first pro contract and I think Ola Aina leaving might be the start of people realising that we simply aren't a club capable of developing young talent correctly.

Two players. 

After that set of loans, one player is given a chance in the first team the other goes on another two loans to Premier League teams where he features in just 8 matches.

My point is that we don't use the loan system correctly. We don't capitalise on the experience these players gain on their travels, we simply use it to get them a loan at another club. It's a never-ending cycle and it's failed time and time again.

Any young player with ambition should use our facilities through their teenage years and then leave before they sign their first pro contract and I think Ola Aina leaving might be the start of people realising that we simply aren't a club capable of developing young talent correctly.

Im expecting over the next year or two for that to become more apparent, that portugese youth player has just left too and christensen/musonda were making permenant move noises before we let them go on loan, theres only so long you can block the path to the first team before people realise its fruitless, and with the money that is in england nowadays you can get paid as much hanging about here for a few years going on loan before being sold as you can at a just promoted team where you will play.

Neither do the players. Very few have become useful PL players never mind the level we expect from players. 

When do we actually admit some players aren't good enough ? Or did they all have the potential and its all Chelseas fault they never went on to have world class careers ?

Neither do the players. Very few have become useful PL players never mind the level we expect from players. 

When do we actually admit some players aren't good enough ? Or did they all have the potential and its all Chelseas fault they never went on to have world class careers ?

I think developing players is a constant process and you need to capitalise on their momentum. We don't do that. We don't give them chances. Look a Nat Chalobah who had an almost perfect loan at Watford and then we wasted the next year of his development when he was probably primed for a squad place here. He was certainly a better prospect than Loftus-Cheek was but once you lose that momentum it's hard to start it up again. 

You have to commit to developing young players and we don't. 

Or you're right and despite having one of the best scouting networks in the world and remarkable facilities we've just been very unlucky to have players who are great up until the age of 18 and then they stop. That's a possibility too.

Or you're right and despite having one of the best scouting networks in the world and remarkable facilities we've just been very unlucky to have players who are great up until the age of 18 and then they stop. That's a possibility too.

Its nice to discuss things but I'm over posters who try to make other posters look stupid in their argument. I wont waste my time.

Its nice to discuss things but I'm over posters who try to make other posters look stupid in their argument. I wont waste my time.

I've repeated your point back to you and accepted that you may be right. That honestly wasn't me trying to make you look stupid.

Two players. 

Have I missed something - has Aina left? Where has he gone?

Have I missed something - has Aina left? Where has he gone?

It's very likely that he will be leaving from what I have read, was very complimentary about the training he has had and the education footballing and otherwise that Chelsea have provided him with but is out of contract and looks highly doubtful he will sign new deal, I'm expecting more to follow suit from here on out due to a lack of commitment from the club in helping them make that last step up to the first team, maybe conte can change the perception if he seriously integrates a few on arrival but I'd say it's perceived that if your not bought for big money then you don't really stand a chance.

Straight from the mouth of Ruben Sammut (Chelsea and Scottish U-19): that everyone felt low on confidence under Jose, and that Guus has brought some excitement back to the teams and training.  He also talks about how he feels the youth will be given a chance between now and the end of the season 

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/27/11312740/ruben-sammut-chelsea-interview-hiddink-mourinho

I think developing players is a constant process and you need to capitalise on their momentum. We don't do that. We don't give them chances. Look a Nat Chalobah who had an almost perfect loan at Watford and then we wasted the next year of his development when he was probably primed for a squad place here. He was certainly a better prospect than Loftus-Cheek was but once you lose that momentum it's hard to start it up again.

money and hunger from the player doesn't help. Chalobah would have gone back to Watford but in the summer signed a new contract and they couldn't afford the wages. So went to Burnley, they didn't think of using him for whatever reason. Then went to Boro didn't work there, so is the drive of the player to blame with the 5 year contract on reported 20-30k a week?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565/exclusive/2016/03/28/21766282/mikel-mourinho-didnt-believe-in-me-anymore?ICID=HP_HN_1

Does anyone else think that Mikel was the snake in the dressing room. Mourinho clearly knew that he needed to get rid of mikel but somehow others let him stay put and poison the well.

No not really. I think he's just taking a bit of glee in suddenly being part of the first-team again after Mourinho wrote him off to a certain degree.

He's now made double the number of starts this season that he did last season and that's a tiny victory for him. Doesn't change the fact that when we were actually pushing to win the title Mikel was a bystander and will probably be deemed surplus to requirements next season too.

I think this is bang on the money. Utd have a youth academy with products no where near as talented as ours yet LvG has had to rely on them heavily this year and the youngsters have done better than most of the 'expensive' players could. Borthwick-Jackson and Varela have both done well at full back when needed and we have players twice as good in Aina and Dasilva yet we've watched Ivanovic struggle out on the right and spent 20 odd mil on Baba. 

I'm not surprised players are letting their contracts run down and leaving for first team opportunities. This constant shift in managers means no one gets a look in. If Conte is coming i hope he is given time and players plenty of youth. I'd happily take top 4 and no silverware next season if it meant 1 or 2 youngsters becoming starters for us in the coming years. 

I think this is bang on the money. Utd have a youth academy with products no where near as talented as ours yet LvG has had to rely on them heavily this year and the youngsters have done better than most of the 'expensive' players could. Borthwick-Jackson and Varela have both done well at full back when needed and we have players twice as good in Aina and Dasilva yet we've watched Ivanovic struggle out on the right and spent 20 odd mil on Baba. 

I'm not surprised players are letting their contracts run down and leaving for first team opportunities. This constant shift in managers means no one gets a look in. If Conte is coming i hope he is given time and players plenty of youth. I'd happily take top 4 and no silverware next season if it meant 1 or 2 youngsters becoming starters for us in the coming years. 

Couldn't agree more. We have so much youth talent (Both in the U21 AND out on loan) yet we choose to splash out cash on people who just come to sit on the bench and barely get any game time. 

RLC, Kenedy and Traore have all been pretty much exceptional every time they've come on to play, whether as a sub or starter and it seems to me they only play when there are injuries. Why not start them over our current players when clearly they're in much better form? I don't see why managers are so scared to play youth over experience, especially when experience has been poor for most of the season. 

• 1 month later...

Ominous?. Not for me, can only wish him well in his next job. Having postive vibes about next season as I strongly believe we will be back with a bang.

I also hope your right. I would prefer conte set with a target of top four and to bring the youngers into the first team. We don't have any European football next season so we don't need a massive squad of players. I also think if Jose does join united in the summer he will win the league the next few seasons so it will let us blood the kids to see what we have.

------------- de Gea----------

X----Smalling------X------ Shaw

--------------Carrick----------

------Rooney--------Schneiderlin

Rashford----------------------------Martial

-----------------Ibrahimovic-------------------

I have a fear that Jose is going to and probably already has identified the players that will fill those X's and possibly a Carrick replacement, fill the gaps as he did with the signings of Matic, Fabregas and Costa and immediately take United to the title next season.