Jose Mourinho thread

Brizzleblue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I can see Jose being very kind towards us fans. However towards the club, I can imagine that he's very bitter towards Roman and the board.

He shouldn't be though. OK we didn't recruit well this summer but he was given enough funds during his time here to build a squad capable of challenging year in year out. He was also allowed to sell off several promising class players who had a long career ahead of them which we now pain to see playing for other clubs. Then you have the Eva saga where again the board let him do what he wanted to do and that ultimately led to him falling out with most of the squad. His relationship with JT also seemed rocky.

Just a catalogue of mistakes from my view point leads me to believe that he engineered his own downfall. I hope Conte is the one laughing next season

Be prepared to be disappointed, he doesnt have any need to be as kind to our cub as he was when he first left. There was always a chance he would return and he knew that, we were still a potential destination for the enhancement of his career down the line. Now that ship has sailed, we have served our purpose so don't be surprised when he acts differently about us.

I have always worshipped Jose but never adored him as i did Hoddle, Vialli, Ranieri or Carlo. 

He shouldn't be though. OK we didn't recruit well this summer but he was given enough funds during his time here to build a squad capable of challenging year in year out. He was also allowed to sell off several promising class players who had a long career ahead of them which we now pain to see playing for other clubs. Then you have the Eva saga where again the board let him do what he wanted to do and that ultimately led to him falling out with most of the squad. His relationship with JT also seemed rocky.

Just a catalogue of mistakes from my view point leads me to believe that he engineered his own downfall. I hope Conte is the one laughing next season

We got it ages ago you don't like Mourinho blah blah blah

I can see Jose being very kind towards us fans. However towards the club, I can imagine that he's very bitter towards Roman and the board.

Quite honestly, I don't see why he would want to be publicly kind or bitter to anything Chelsea, board or spporters. A few polite words in his first presser, and then everytime he gets asked about Chelsea say it's in the past, and he wants to talk about Manu now.

Mourinho going to United is having less of an impact on me than i thought. Maybe it's all of the other sh*t we have been through this season, but i really don't care all that much to be honest. We need to look forward, we have Conte now, and there is no reason why he can't be as good or maybe even better than Mourinho or Guardiola over time.

The only thing that annoys me is that the media are going to try and use this to talk more sh*t about us. Any chance they get, they take it. I love keeping up to date with football on Sky Sports News and TalkSport, but if they can't be professional and avoid bashing Chelsea for once then i'm just going to avoid it all.

Guys, the guy has one gear, he couldn't even last long with Madrid's funds and Man U are not the stable player power free club they were under Fergie. He may win a trophy or two but this isn't the start of Fetgie mark II. It will all end in beautiful salty tears. You could give him £100 million every transfer window and he'd still find a way to not use the squad and meltdown.

I do think the 6 month break will have done him good, recharged his batteries. He looked roadworn and jaded when he came back to us. We talk about the squad being physically and mentally drained but I also think Jose was as well. Like the players, he couldn't get himself back up for the new season.

A 6 month break could be exactly what needed - unfortunately.

Guys, the guy has one gear, he couldn't even last long with Madrid's funds and Man U are not the stable player power free club they were under Fergie. He may win a trophy or two but this isn't the start of Fetgie mark II. It will all end in beautiful salty tears. You could give him £100 million every transfer window and he'd still find a way to not use the squad and meltdown.

£5 to the forum says he sees out his contract there

I get the feeling some are actually delighted we bombed this year just so they could smugly come on here and claim Mourinho is a busted flush and overrated after years of saying the same thing and getting it wrong.

Will it end in tears at United? Probably. But then most managerial reigns end in tears, especially here. Before it does though he'll turn them into title challengers and win a lot of trophies.

I get the feeling some are actually delighted we bombed this year just so they could smugly come on here and claim Mourinho is a busted flush and overrated after years of saying the same thing and getting it wrong.

Will it end in tears at United? Probably. But then most managerial reigns end in tears, especially here. Before it does though he'll turn them into title challengers and win a lot of trophies.

The same fans celebrate when Mourinho helps delivers trophies. That's the thing with Mourinho he has always delivered and always will. That's what makes him one of the greatest managers ever.

This will not turn out well for Chelsea. Title staying in Manchester for a long time to come.

We will be reduced to bottomfeeders just like like arsenal and dippers. Time to queue up for the odd cup run and top4.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

Who knows. He had a go at the fans for the atmosphere several times while he was in charge 2nd spell, he bigs it up about how much he is Chelsea, but I don't think he really cares all that much deep down. We certainly love him a lot more than he loves us.

He did bring up the support of the fans multiple times during the tail end. Don't think he will have a go at us but the board and Chelsea, probably a lot.

Title staying in Manchester for a long time to come.

I thought that when he was here first time, he had no completion at Inter but excelled in the CL, did OK in Madrid and then I thought we'd have a dynasty when he came back.

He always wanted to be at United, with their cash it's an easy option.  With my cynic's head on I think he played to get sacked as the writing was on the wall for LVG.  Because he was up against it at Chelsea, signing players he didn't want/not signing those he did, for the second time we never got to see how good a manager he was in difficult circumstances.

Hopefully United will tell him he has to play youth and he'll eventually throw his toys out of the pram again and f**k off to PSG.  They won't like being in the headlines every week for all the wrong reasons either.

I used to love the bloke but I now think he's a manipulator, he's history and now an enemy.

So if he extends after 1 season then gets fired the next, you win? Im saying he'll last at least his initial contract

I am saying he will last past that. I really think he will curb some of his negative vibes. If he does that, there is no stopping him. But we won't know for 2 years at least :)

I thought that when he was here first time, he had no completion at Inter but excelled in the CL, did OK in Madrid and then I thought we'd have a dynasty when he came back.

He always wanted to be at United, with their cash it's an easy option.  With my cynic's head on I think he played to get sacked as the writing was on the wall for LVG.  Because he was up against it at Chelsea, signing players he didn't want/not signing those he did, for the second time we never got to see how good a manager he was in difficult circumstances.

Hopefully United will tell him he has to play youth and he'll eventually throw his toys out of the pram again and f**k off to PSG.  They won't like being in the headlines every week for all the wrong reasons either.

I used to love the bloke but I now think he's a manipulator, he's history and now an enemy.

You can bet he will be on his best behaviour and will go along with a charade of the united youth too.

But even if your hope of him leaving comes true, guardiola with all the money will never let slip of the title.

We should have gone for Simeone. Conte is decent but dont think he will be able to acomplish much at Chelsea with our current lack of spending.

I agree with all of this.