Hmm... Robben out for the rest of the season

Iceman

Was okay to play the full 90 minutes for Holland on Wednesday FFS. Even Mourinho on CTV tonight thinks it is very strange that he is suddenly injured.

It does all seem pre-meditated to me though, and it is all very smelly. His alleged (phantom?) injury allows Barcelona to get him on the cheap. Barca & Real Madrid are renowned for buying superb players who have had surprisingly poor seasons with their incumbent clubs!! Wonder how much the player is being paid on the side.

Has he ever had an injury-free season in his career?

And he has the nerve to complain about not being featured enough. I don't remember him ever having a long consistent run of games, it's always a few matches and an injury. Frustration is the word that comes to mind.

Bad news.

Hopefully Joe will be back soon.We'll miss Robben's creativity upfront.

I'd like to add robben is a c*nt for needing knee surgery.

:shaking fist, angrily:

I agree totally! icon_twisted.gif

If Robben had any loyalty at all to Chelsea, as soon as he realised he had this injury problem he'd have arranged for his legs to be amputated from above the offending knees immediately, and would be looking forward to running down the wing on his stumps come the weekend. What a selfish c*nt!

i'm as frustrated as anybody...you do wonder if he will ever have an injury free season...obviously he did it with holland but it must have been building up for some time...anyone who suggests we won't miss him is blind, but Joe could be back next week, although he will take time to hit form

Robben injured again ? Now where have I heard that before ?

Actually, I must be blind because I don't think it hurts us that much at all really.

PS: Agree about JC needing time to find match fitness.

It hurts me!! I had submitted my BPL and went out for the night before I heard the news damn that fragile Dutch swine!! On your feet lad, it's only a scratch!

I think it does hurt us, not so much in terms of 'he has been in great form we will be lost without him' but certainly in terms of our options being very limited now in terms of tactics.

I think it does hurt us, not so much in terms of 'he has been in great form we will be lost without him' but certainly in terms of our options being very limited now in terms of tactics.

I really don't think so.

As you say Robben hasn't been in great form, and when you consider SWP's recent upturn, (and that, hopefully, will boost his confidence). And the imminent return of Joe Cole, Mourinho's options are much the same as they were.

SWP has had a couple of decent, not great, but decent games but they have actually been in the centre mainly. He has still been pretty ineffective as a winger. As for Joe, well he has been out for a hell of a long time so I wouldn't be banking on him hitting anything like top form until next season.

I really don't think so.

As you say Robben hasn't been in great form, and when you consider SWP's recent upturn, (and that, hopefully, will boost his confidence). And the imminent return of Joe Cole, Mourinho's options are much the same as they were.

When I posted this I forgot about Kalou.

Told you we wouldn't miss Robben.

We saw that against Watford. what a creative side we were

I'll give you that one.

Watford is the type of team Robben likes to terrorise.

Hey GB, I bet you're looking forward to the return of Joe Cole. icon_wink.gif

Kalou isn't a winger though is he - and never will be. TOday's game proved beyond doubt (for me at least) that we will miss Robben. Having to reply on Sweep is our natural width and having no other option is the stuff of mid table teams.

I see germanblue is still entertaining this bizarre notion that the return of Joe will make people realise how great Robben is.

Archived