Virgil Van Dijk

Barrettinator
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Van Dijk statement

20:16: Southampton have appeared to further confirm Virgil van Dijk is going nowhere in a statement released tonight.

The Saints have just announced the £15m capture of Lazio centre-back Wesley Hoedt and used the opportunity to drop a hint Van Dijk is not joining Liverpool.

In an official Southampton press release, vice-chairman Les Reed pledges that Hoedt has signed "to play alongside Virgil van Dijk".

Reed is quoted as saying: "Wesley has proven his talent through his performances for Lazio, as well as the Netherlands, and we believe he can develop even further here at Southampton, alongside his international teammate Virgil van Dijk, as well as the likes of Jack Stephens, Maya Yoshida, Jan Bednarek and Florin Gardos."

3 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Van Dijk statement

20:16: Southampton have appeared to further confirm Virgil van Dijk is going nowhere in a statement released tonight.

The Saints have just announced the £15m capture of Lazio centre-back Wesley Hoedt and used the opportunity to drop a hint Van Dijk is not joining Liverpool.

In an official Southampton press release, vice-chairman Les Reed pledges that Hoedt has signed "to play alongside Virgil van Dijk".

Reed is quoted as saying: "Wesley has proven his talent through his performances for Lazio, as well as the Netherlands, and we believe he can develop even further here at Southampton, alongside his international teammate Virgil van Dijk, as well as the likes of Jack Stephens, Maya Yoshida, Jan Bednarek and Florin Gardos."

Virgil van dijk much excited  he play alongside  this great warrior, bednarek and Gardos.

Does Chelsea need another central defender?

So Luiz becomes the third central midfielder after Baka and Kant?

I think Antonio i studying this eleven:

Tibo

Azpi/Virgil  - Christ - Cahill/Rudi

Kant - Luiz - Baka

hazard/Cesc

Pedro - Morata - Willi

334 or 3313

not sure it would be a good idea. i like how christensen is playing and i fear for his future should vvd come. maybe cahill will be phased out? in an ideal world that would be best considering he's arguably the worst on the ball of all our cbs currently. 

Guest Sindre
25 minutes ago, Carefree_OBrien said:

Dutch media claiming his agent has met with Chelsea officials..............will happen on deadline day!

Link to that?

34 minutes ago, U Carcamagnu said:

Does Chelsea need another central defender?

So Luiz becomes the third central midfielder after Baka and Kant?

I think Antonio i studying this eleven:

Tibo

Azpi/Virgil  - Christ - Cahill/Rudi

Kant - Luiz - Baka

hazard/Cesc

Pedro - Morata - Willi

334 or 3313

Your kidding me right. 3-3-4!! :slap_face:

29 minutes ago, coco said:

What......... more offensive than the goal machine that is Marcos Alonso ?

Yes, keeping him not only wide but also on the line of the other forwards, same with pedro or wiliam or moses on the right.

I hope my english is clear enough to be understood, sorry.

1 hour ago, U Carcamagnu said:

You'll see, it will be a 352 with the wingers more offensive.

Madrid played this last year but it failed, it requires a huge amount of tactical understanding from the players. it is how Madrid fell into the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond.

Madrid played it with:

Navas;

Varane, Casemiro, Ramos;

Isco, Kroos, Modric ;

Ronaldo;

Marcelo, Benzema, Bale

it is worth taking into account this formation is ONLY for attacking phases. The defensive set up is a 4-4-2:

Navas;

Marcelo, Varane, casemiro, Ramos;

Isco, Kroos, Modric , Bale

Ronaldo, Benzema

It required too much running for the wide players, so Zidane decided on a diamon midfield during attack and flat 4-4-2 in defense, which they still play and dominate games with (E.g Barca recently)