The combined 04/05 and 15/16 team

Argo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The BBC page of combining both squad's has been mentioned here and there in other thread's but i thought it deserves it's own thread (if an admin disagree's feel free to move it to an appropriate thread).

I have done two teams one with the 4-3-3 off 2005 and another with the 3-4-3 from today.

18555216_10209868734939367_1287229748_n.png?oh=3e5c1dc36e0f635554695ee50969a145&oe=591E5578

This team practically picks itself, the one minor weakness the 2005 team was right back so Azpi slots in. Some may ask if Kante and Makelele would be overkill, i don't think so certainly not with Lampard scoring enough to make up for the lack of goals coming from them. Some may ask why Costa over Drogba, but this is 16/17 vs 04/05 and despite his major two month wobble, Costa was the better player overall than first season Drogba.

18554386_10209868735859390_428810929_n.png?oh=71eeec0274c0560701ba77bfc59fb5a3&oe=591E5A0D

This one i have made more decision's that will likely be deemed controversial. First Terry not playing, i'm not sure even prime Terry fitted the system (the one game he did play three at the back for England he was all at sea) and in Carvalho he could do all the technical play Luiz can and is even better defensively. Gallas due to his ability to play LB would have been perfect for LCB and Azpi at RCB goes without saying. Geremi ( a bit like Zhirkov) seems to have come in the wrong era as he would have made an ideal right wing back. Kante (in my opinion) suits this system more than Maka would have. The two wingers go without saying and Costa for me has the same reasoning as last time.

Edited by Argo

2 hours ago, Argo said:

The BBC page of combining both squad's has been mentioned here and there in other thread's but i thought it deserves it's own thread (if an admin disagree's feel free to move it to an appropriate thread).

I have done two teams one with the 4-3-3 off 2005 and another with the 3-4-3 from today.

18555216_10209868734939367_1287229748_n.png?oh=3e5c1dc36e0f635554695ee50969a145&oe=591E5578

This team practically picks itself, the one minor weakness the 2005 team was right back so Azpi slots in. Some may ask if Kante and Makelele would be overkill, i don't think so certainly not with Lampard scoring enough to make up for the lack of goals coming from them. Some may ask why Costa over Drogba, but this is 16/17 vs 04/05 and despite his major two month wobble, Costa was the better player overall than first season Drogba.

18554386_10209868735859390_428810929_n.png?oh=71eeec0274c0560701ba77bfc59fb5a3&oe=591E5A0D

This one i have made more decision's that will likely be deemed controversial. First Terry not playing, i'm not sure even prime Terry fitted the system (the one game he did play three at the back for England he was all at sea) and in Carvalho he could do all the technical play Luiz can and is even better defensively. Gallas due to his ability to play LB would have been perfect for LCB and Azpi at RCB goes without saying. Geremi ( a bit like Zhirkov) seems to have come in the wrong era as he would have made an ideal right wing back. Kante (in my opinion) suits this system more than Maka would have. The two wingers go without saying and Costa for me has the same reasoning as last time.

Your first team was identical to mine except Fabregas in for Kante. Don't need Kante and Maka in the same line up, lol.

I can't fit the players into a 3-4-3, as I'd have to leave out some quality midfielders and shove in a right wing back somehow. So i've gone for the old 4-3-3 system:

chelsea-combined-xi-f94363782c129faa42b9

This is already being discussed in another thread. I don't think a new thread was worth it.

...and please, please don't quote large images otherwise it clogs up the entire thread page. It is possible to quote a message without the corresponding image.

(If an admin wishes to make me a mod, I can be brutal on those who commit further transgressions).

3 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

Your first team was identical to mine except Fabregas in for Kante. Don't need Kante and Maka in the same line up, lol.

Kante is more of a player that likes to press high and proactively intercept, Maka more sits back so i think they will compliment each other perfectly even more so with Lamps doing there scoring for them.

5 hours ago, benjsross said:

I'd have Alonso over Duff. An actual LWB who has performed consistently against someone who in my mind never played that role? 

Neither did Moses before this season, i reckon Duff would have been great there and Geremi was born to be a wingback. 

2 hours ago, barak81 said:

As good as costa is I just can't make a case for him over drogba, till today is there a better big game player in the Pl

Drogba was a great big game player but i'd certainly say Costa over the course of a season is a more reliable league player, its no coincidence we have flat tracked our way to 2 title's since his arrival.

The thought of Hazard and Robben terrorising defences on both wings. :Troll_Face:

Anyway, I'll pick my team a bit later, more players from the 2004/05 season would go into the first team though, we were the best team in Europe that year IMO.

Edited by dynamite