Who was the first Chelsea player or players 'you were ' in the school playground as a kid ?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

12 hours ago, erskblue said:

Did you have a pair of Patrick boots or trainers? I seem to remember that they were worn by Keegan and suddenly these began to appear at school.

First screw ins were the dreaded Winfield ( Woolworths), then Adidas Beckenbeur Supers.

Top football boots were real objects of desire. Sometimes during school holidays we'd get the bus to places like Lillywhites and drool over Puma Kings and Adidas World Cups- there's no way our parents would shell out for them.

On ?23?/?01?/?2018 at 08:32, Ewell CFC said:

First screw ins were the dreaded Winfield ( Woolworths), then Adidas Beckenbeur Supers.

Top football boots were real objects of desire. Sometimes during school holidays we'd get the bus to places like Lillywhites and drool over Puma Kings and Adidas World Cups- there's no way our parents would shell out for them.

Totally agree. My old dear would give me a lecture on the value of money . When I complained about wanting a dearer pair of football boots back then. Gola boots were the biggest brand of football boots she bought me in Primary School.

On ?23?/?01?/?2018 at 08:32, Ewell CFC said:

I'm sure my first pair of adidas boots were Hansi Muller screw ons in 1980 and I bought a packet of the red screw in nylon studs!

My first Puma boots were Puma Cub moulded boots. Thought I was the business wearing these with my Chelsea strips at PE.

On 26/01/2018 at 15:10, erskblue said:

Totally agree. My old dear would give me a lecture on the value of money . When I complained about wanting a dearer pair of football boots back then. Gola boots were the biggest brand of football boots she bought me in Primary School.

Same here Gola all the way

Dixon and Townsand  (Wash mouth out with soap) then Stien, and Spencer... luckily Gullit joined ... could never bring my self to shout Glenda, don't know why

In all honesty when not on the playground I was a keeper, and my guilty secrete is that i Idolized Schmichael  ... I tried to kid my self that Beasent, Hichckock and Karine were all top notch but deep down i knew... 

7 hours ago, erskblue said:

I remember having a pair of completely black Gola football trainers back as a kid. Don't ask me why I remember this !

I think mine had orange trim, also before I got my Bonneti goalie gloves, I used a pair of my Grandads gardening gloves they were huge, i started to pretend i was the German keeper Sepp Maier with his big gloves, funny when I potter in the garden now a days and put gardening gloves on it brings back memories, my Mrs does wonder why I start diving round the garden though!!

7 hours ago, erskblue said:

I remember having a pair of completely black Gola football trainers back as a kid. Don't ask me why I remember this !

I'd say my first branded trainers were Adidas Kick. Adidas Ringo came a bit later.

Just reminded myself of when we all went to school with Adidas bags. Your mates  would write all over them with a marker pen...

A - a 

D - durex

I -is 

D- disposable 

A- after 

S - sex

Or alternatively....

A - after 

D - dinner

I - i

D- did 

A - a 

S - sh*t

Amazing how things pop into your head 40 years down the road!

Edited by Ewell CFC

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

I think mine had orange trim, also before I got my Bonneti goalie gloves, I used a pair of my Grandads gardening gloves they were huge, i started to pretend i was the German keeper Sepp Maier with his big gloves, funny when I potter in the garden now a days and put gardening gloves on it brings back memories, my Mrs does wonder why I start diving round the garden though!!

Brilliant mate!

My old man worked in the shipyards and used to get me a couple of pairs of heavy cotton gloves which had blue rubber coating on them. I used to call them my 'training goalie gloves ' ! These type are probably on show in some industrial museum nowadays!!

Edited by erskblue
spelling

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

Brilliant mate!

My old man worked in the shipyards and used to get me a couple of pairs of heavy cotton gloves which had blue rubber coating on them. I used to call them my 'training goalie gloves ' ! These type are probably on show in some industrial museum nowadays!!

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

Brilliant mate!

And your Gola boots are probably on display in the national football museum!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

I'd say my first branded trainers were Adidas Kick. Adidas Ringo came a bit later.

Just reminded myself of when we all went to school with Adidas bags. Your mates  would write all over them with a marker pen...

A - a 

D - durex

I -is 

D- disposable 

A- after 

S - sex

Or alternatively....

A - after 

D - dinner

I - i

D- did 

A - a 

S - sh*t

I remember it as 

A- All

D -Day

I-Dream

A- About

S- Sex. (For girls change Sex to Shopping.) 

The only thing I'm geeky about is vintage trainers especially Adidas ones and funny enough last night the Berlin had a rerelease. You've got very little chance of getting a pair though staff at places like Size buy them and put them straight away on Ebay. They were on sale at £85 going for £130 already.

16 hours ago, erskblue said:

Brilliant mate!

Good job he didn't bring home welding gauntlets! I used to be in steel erection and worked with many old fellas who worked n the Clyde shipyard then moved down here when they shut.

Nearly all Gers fanatics, great Craic, and a few of them funnily enough lived in Fulham which had a bit of a Scottish population.

On 20/01/2018 at 17:42, Ewell CFC said:

We played Newcastle at home in 91, shortly after Keegan got bashed up and robbed late night in a lay bye on Reigate Hill- it was all a bit risqué- anyway one of the CFC fanzines had a cartoon of some brute with a bat looking at a bruised Keegan with his curly perm " Sorry Kev, I didn't know it was you" was the caption.

was 

He was the golden boy of the 70s in the playground, all the girls fancied him, all the boys wanted his perm, i was about 7-8.

Kevin Keegan retired at the end of the legendary 1983/84 season. (Mentioned that season again.)

He played against us twice in the League. In November 83 we beat them 4-0 at the Bridge and then drew 1-1 at St James in March 84. Newcastle were promoted in third place.

5 hours ago, erskblue said:

Forgot to mention about Borota. Thought he was brilliant.

Peter Borota, after i graduated from my grandads gardening gloves, and then onto my Bonnetti gloves with the B on the top, Peter Borota arrived so it was the tight tracksuit trousers with the stirrups at the bottom, white or blue football socks pulled up over the trousers to the knees, and my blue Chelsea umbro shorts with the diamonds down the side over the top of my trackies!!!, A few years later it was 1983/84!! ( look what you started ersk) and I turned into Eddie and was all le coq sportif upped

On 22/01/2018 at 20:05, erskblue said:

Did you have a pair of Patrick boots or trainers? I seem to remember that they were worn by Keegan and suddenly these began to appear at school.

Keegan wore Stylo Matchmaker boots before he moved onto Patrick.

I might be wrong but have memories of some sort of controversy, where he was being paid to wear Stylo, but instead wore a rival manufactures boots ( had the trademark motif grafted on so it looked like stylo)

Pony were another boot manufacturer who had the odd player here and there donning their stuff, for a brief period around 1980 I recall.

45 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Keegan wore Stylo Matchmaker boots before he moved onto Patrick.

I might be wrong but have memories of some sort of controversy, where he was being paid to wear Stylo, but instead wore a rival manufactures boots ( had the trademark motif grafted on so it looked like stylo)

Pony were another boot manufacturer who had the odd player here and there donning their stuff, for a brief period around 1980 I recall.

Good shout re Keegan and also Pony. I'm sure a couple of the Brazilian 1982 World Cup team wore Pony boots. I haven't seen Pony boots in donkeys years.

On 31/01/2018 at 17:45, Ewell CFC said:

A - a 

D - durex

I -is 

D- disposable 

A- after 

S - sex

Or alternatively....

A - after 

D - dinner

I - i

D- did 

A - a 

S - sh*t

I think where I grew up we said “remember “ as there was a little trade mark R in a circle!! How did this get round without the internet and social media!!