2018/19 squad

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guaita (Pau Lopez) 
Hakimi (Ward) - Badstuber (Da Silva) - Le Marchand (Da Silva) - Dibassy (Le Marchand)
                                  Badelj (Cabaye) - Hetemaj (Veloso)
               Bamba (Bernard) - Wilshere (Canales) - Bernard (Ben Arfa)
                                             Balotelli (Torres)

:laugh2:

7 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

You have somehow managed to make our squad look worse and less balanced, cudos.

I also cant think of a reason why any fan would choose to sell Hazard he has been our only consistently good attacking option this year is one of the best players in the world and if we really needed the money we could sell some of our army of loanees.

I.e Hector £5m, Omerou £5m, Kalas £7.5m, Pasalic £10m, MvG £15m, Brown £10m, Palmer £7.5m, Boga £10m, Kenedy £15m, Piazon £2.5m

All I which I think we could sell for more but you get the picture

First, Apart from Hazard and Courtois, every position is stronger in the squad that I list. Secondly, Hazard is not at all consistent. But most importantly, he seems to be running his contract down like Courtois has done.

I would cash in now rather than lose him for half the money next summer. Also, I think we play much better when our best players are those playing in the centre rather than out wide.

1 hour ago, Orpington_Blue said:

First, Apart from Hazard and Courtois, every position is stronger in the squad that I list. Secondly, Hazard is not at all consistent. But most importantly, he seems to be running his contract down like Courtois has done.

I would cash in now rather than lose him for half the money next summer. Also, I think we play much better when our best players are those playing in the centre rather than out wide.

That first comment didn't quite come across as intended and looks incredibly grumpy, for me your squad shows just how hard it will be to replace Hazard and Courtois, and how mediocre our squad looks without them. 

A lot of your ins and puts I would be happy to see. (Althoigh im not enamored with the keeping options bought in or de vrij)

I do still think the squad looks unbalanced but that could just be as i cant envisage what formation and starting 11you are using but it seems to me there aren't really any creators in your starting 11 with maybe only Fabregas or potentially Pulisic with the rest of your attacking options seemingly requiring creators to be at their best especially Bailey, Martial and Icardi.

The squad also looks quite small and depending on the formation we could be severily hampered by 1 or 2 injuries. 

As a fan I still can see the point of selling Hazard we are having to spend 70+m to get someone who will be a massive step down and when you look at what United did with DeGea I really don't see why we couldn't do that with Hazard and even Courtois even if it is acheieved by sticking in a £150-200m and £70-120m realease clause to RM respectfully for the pair.

Edited by PedroMendez

11 hours ago, Orpington_Blue said:

Either they are random players or worth 100m each. Make up your mind.

Still wouldn't help though if you think Pedro, Zappa and Drinkwater are our best players.

They are random players considering we don't even know the style of our next manager. It just so happens that these players are highly rated and could cost upwards of 100m.

Obviously our best players are Hazard and Courtois from the list of outgoings that you provided. When did I state Pedro, Drinkwater and Zappacosta are our best players?

Take a step back and and take a look at what we have; what we have is a very good squad of players, including many of the young players returning from loan...what we don't have is a coach that can get the best out of them and let them play with some freedom.....just a thought.

1 hour ago, PedroMendez said:

That first comment didn't quite come across as intended and looks incredibly grumpy, for me your squad ?shows just how hard it will be to replace Hazard and Courtois, and how mediocre our squad looks without them. 

?

A lot of your ins and puts I would be happy to see. (Althoigh im not en?amored with t?he keeping options bought in or de vrij)

?

I do still think the squad looks unbalanced but that could just be as i cant envisage what formation and starting ?11you are using but it seems to me there aren't really any creators in your starting 11 with maybe only Fabregas or potentially Pulisic with the rest of your attacking options seemingly requiring creators to be at their best especially Bailey, Martial and Icardi.

??

The squad also looks quite small and depending on the formation we could be severily hampered by 1 or 2 ?injuries. 

As a fan I still can see the? point of selling Hazard we are ha?ving to spend 70+m to get someone who will be a massive ?step down and when you look at what United did with DeGea I really don't see why we couldn't do that with Hazard and even C?ourtois even if it ?i?s acheieved by sticking in a? £150-200?m and £70-120m realease clause to RM respectfully for the pa?ir.

???

To an extent I agree with you but we are not united. I doubt we will ever be able to match what United are willing to pay De Gea. We are more likely to end up similar to what Arsenal had to do with Sanchez.

As for Hazard, I would be okay for the club to sacrifice him for a 25 goal striker. I think we would have done better this season if we had lost Hazard instead of Costa last summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Following recent rumours:

Courtois

Willy

Azpi       Rudiger       Manolas       Emerson

Moses           Cahill/Christensen         Rugani            Alonso

Vecino

Fabregas

Kante                    RLC

Bakayoko                            Golovin

Willian               Batshuayi              Hazard

Callejon                             Giroud                        Hudson-Odoi

Out: Morata (£45m), D.Luiz (£10m), Pedro (£7m), Zappacosta (£17m), Drinkwater (£25m), Piazon/Kalas (£8m)  Total-£112

In: Manolas (£30m), Rugani (£30m), Vecino (£20m), Golovin (£25m), Callejon (£15m)  Total-£120m

Net - (£8m)

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Following recent rumours:

Courtois

Willy

Azpi       Rudiger       Manolas       Emerson

Moses           Cahill/Christensen         Rugani            Alonso

Vecino

Fabregas

Kante                    RLC

Bakayoko                            Golovin

Willian               Batshuayi              Hazard

Callejon                             Giroud                        Hudson-Odoi

Out: Morata (£45m), D.Luiz (£10m), Pedro (£7m), Zappacosta (£17m), Drinkwater (£25m), Piazon/Kalas (£8m)  Total-£112

In: Manolas (£30m), Rugani (£30m), Vecino (£20m), Golovin (£25m), Callejon (£15m)  Total-£120m

Net - (£8m)

But.. Bakayoko is still in the team :(

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Recent rumours also state £100 million+ for Hazard 60 for Courtois and 60 for Willian, you won't have a recognisable team if you believe in rumours, RLC to quit......et al

Using some of the rumours to see what could be believable signings is more believable than picking random names out of this air. 

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Using some of the rumours to see what could be believable signings is more believable than picking random names out of this air. 

Are you saying those names aren't bonafide rumours, or is your head in the sand?

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Are you saying those names aren't bonafide rumours, or is your head in the sand?

I really don't get what you're trying to say here or what point you're trying to make? I've made a hypothetical team from paper talk and realistic signings we could make. What's the issue?

The 2018/2019 'Abramovich is calling in the debt' squad....

4-1-2-1-2 Diamond
                                Courtois (Caballero)
Azpi (Aina) - Rugani (Christensen) - Rudiger (Cahill) - Emerson (Azpi)
                          Bakayoko (Christensen/Ampadu)
             RLC (Fabregas/Pasalic)       Barkley (Mount/RLC)
                                 Golovin (Mount)
                  Giroud (Abraham) - Batshuayi (Brown)

In: Rugani (£36m), Golovin (£24m), Aina, RLC, Mount, Brown, Abraham
-£60m

Out: Hazard (£84m), Willian (£54m), Kante (£60m), Morata (£56m), Alonso (£32m), Luiz (£15m), Zappacosta (£14m), Drinkwater (£22m)
+337m

Net profit +£277m

1 hour ago, the special one said:

4-1-2-1-2 Diamond
                                Courtois (Caballero)
                                 Golovin (Mount)

-£60m

Out: Hazard (£84m), Willian (£54m), Kante (£60m), Morata (£56m), Alonso (£32m), Luiz (£15m), Zappacosta (£14m), Drinkwater (£22m)
+337m

Net profit +£277m

Hazard will or should be at least Coutinho money, if not why not!

On 29/06/2018 at 08:24, the special one said:

4-1-2-1-2 Diamond
                                Courtois (Caballero)
                                 Golovin (Mount)

-£60m

+337m

Net profit +£277m

I like it but surley tibo will be first out the door. 

Hazard I don't mind either way on, I think we go way over the top on him. Kante I don't believe is going anywhere so I glanced over that part. Besides look at the prices. Kante worth less than hazard lol yeah right.

Think if we add the following:

Golovin, Bailey, Malcom, Alisson, Rugani, RLC (from loan)

Sell the following:

Zappacosta, Kenedy, Courtois, Luiz, Drinkwater, Willian/Pedro, various other loan returns (Zouma, Omeruo, MvG, Pasalic)

Then we will be in good shape.  I, like many others, was not happy with Morata the second half of the season, but he was outstanding in the first half, so let’s give him a chance.  These 5 signings would not only improve the team short term, they also set us up for long term success as the players are all in their early 20s.  Our net spend would probably be higher than other seasons, unless we get the touted 80m for Willian, but that’s what we need to do in order to compete for top 4.

*Edit: I think we should keep Bats as well, we will need 3 strikers if we are to succeed in both the league and Europa

Edited by mwblue10