Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nonotnowjim

2018/19 squad

Many posters on here saying the squad needs a major overhaul..... Realistically, which players do you think need to be out the door?

For me:

To stay - Tibo (1sr choice), Cabellero, Dave (1st Choice), Rudi, Christensen, Luiz, Alonso, Emerson, Zappa, Kante (1st choice), Drinks, Eden (1st choice), Willian, Morata (1st choice), Giroud

To sell - Gaz, Moses, Fab, Pedro, Barkley(?), 

To loan - Baka, Barkley(?), Bats, ampadu, 

To buy - CB, RB/RWB, CM (x2), 2x ATM, 1x ST

GK - Courtois, Caballero, and any third choice GK.

LB - Emerson and Alonso

RB - Azpilicueta (captain) and Moses

CB - New CB (has to be experienced) Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz (i would keep Luiz over Cahill, but if we can't get a new and experienced CB, then i would keep Cahill too)

DM - Kante, Ampadu

CM - New CM (somebody that is actually good this time) Barkley and Fabregas.

LW - Hazard and Hudson-Odoi

RW - New RW (My choice would be Mahrez if it's possible) and Willian

ST - Morata (if we could get our money back for him, then i would sell him and replace him, but i'm happy for him to be given another chance) Giroud and Batshuayi.

Sold:

Cahill. I think this has been his worst season for us. He's improved in the last month, but overall, he's been really poor.

Zappacosta. Not good enough.

Bakayoko. I was against the signing from the start. He's just a very poor footballer.

Drinkwater. Another signing i was against. He's not good enough for the level we want to get to.

Loftus-Cheek. I like him, and i would be annoyed to see him go really, but i don't think there is room for him and i don't think he will want to be on the bench again all season. I think Fabregas would be happier to be a squad player at his age. You could say give his spot to Barkley, but i don't think there is much between them and Barkley has a better goal scoring touch than Loftus-Cheek, and goals are something we desperately need from midfield.

Pedro. He peaked last season, i don't see him getting back to those levels again.

I think what is just as important is that we get the formation and tactics right to get the best out of these players. It's looking more and more likely that Conte will be gone, so get the right coach and make sure we have a squad that actually suits the managers needs. If we don't, then the same situation will keep repeating itself.

11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

GK - Courtois, Caballero, and any third choice GK.

LB - Emerson and Alonso

RB - Azpilicueta (captain) and Moses

CB - New CB (has to be experienced) Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz (i would keep Luiz over Cahill, but if we can't get a new and experienced CB, then i would keep Cahill too)

DM - Kante, Ampadu

CM - New CM (somebody that is actually good this time) Barkley and Fabregas.

LW - Hazard and Hudson-Odoi

RW - New RW (My choice would be Mahrez if it's possible) and Willian

ST - Morata (if we could get our money back for him, then i would sell him and replace him, but i'm happy for him to be given another chance) Giroud and Batshuayi.

Sold:

Cahill. I think this has been his worst season for us. He's improved in the last month, but overall, he's been really poor.

Zappacosta. Not good enough.

Bakayoko. I was against the signing from the start. He's just a very poor footballer.

Drinkwater. Another signing i was against. He's not good enough for the level we want to get to.

Loftus-Cheek. I like him, and i would be annoyed to see him go really, but i don't think there is room for him and i don't think he will want to be on the bench again all season. I think Fabregas would be happier to be a squad player at his age. You could say give his spot to Barkley, but i don't think there is much between them and Barkley has a better goal scoring touch than Loftus-Cheek, and goals are something we desperately need from midfield.

Pedro. He peaked last season, i don't see him getting back to those levels again.

I think what is just as important is that we get the formation and tactics right to get the best out of these players. It's looking more and more likely that Conte will be gone, so get the right coach and make sure we have a squad that actually suits the managers needs. If we don't, then the same situation will keep repeating itself.

Agree with all of that, expect id keep RLC, as i don't think Barkley is any better. 

GK: Courtois, Heaton (HG), Eduardo
FB/WB: Henrichs, Azpi, Emerson, Blind, Moses (HG)
CB: Alderweireld, Zouma, Rudiger, Cahill (HG), Ampadu (HG)
CM: Kante, Weigl, Cook (HG), Fabregas (HG), Mount (HG)
AM: Willian, Hazard, Hamsik, Lozano, Hudson-Odoi (HG)
CF: Morata, Giroud, Batshuayi

In: Hamsik, Alderweireld, Lozano, Weigl, Blind, Cook, Henrichs, Zouma, Mount
Out: Barkley, Christensen, Luiz, Alonso, Bakayoko, Caballero, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Pedro

4-2-3-1
                                   Courtois (Heaton/Eduardo)
Henrichs (Azpi/Rudiger) – Alderweireld (Zouma) – Rudiger (Cahill/Blind) – Azpi (Emerson/Blind)
                               Kante (Cook) – Weigl (Fabregas/Ampadu)
          Willian (Lozano/Moses) – Hamsik (Hazard/Mount) – Hazard (Lozano/Hudson-Odoi)
                                    Morata (Giroud/Abraham)

4-3-3
                                   Courtois (Heaton/Eduardo)
Henrichs (Azpi/Rudiger) – Alderweireld (Zouma) – Rudiger (Cahill/Blind) – Azpi (Emerson/Blind)

Kante (Cook) – Weigl (Fabregas) – Hamsik (Hazard/Mount)
          Willian (Lozano/Moses) – Morata (Giroud/Abraham) – Hazard (Lozano/Hudson-Odoi)

In an ideal world, firstly Sarri in and a revert to 433.

Courtois, Caballero 

As you were with the defenders (bar Zappa out) they aren't an urgent need compared to the forward areas.

Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Cesc, Drinkwater

Pedro, Bailey, Martial, Giroud, Hazard, Ruben  

Have Amps and CHO switching between 1st team and U18 again.

36 minutes ago, Argo said:

In an ideal world, firstly Sarri in and a revert to 433.

Courtois, Caballero 

As you were with the defenders (bar Zappa out) they aren't an urgent need compared to the forward areas.

Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Cesc, Drinkwater

Pedro, Bailey, Martial, Giroud, Hazard, Ruben  

Have Amps and CHO switching between 1st team and U18 again.

Would love that squad, except I would hate to see Willian in a United shirt if he was part of the martial deal.

I just don't f**king care at the moment, just 1 more game and it'll finally be over and he'll be gone. But whoever comes in will have the same issues with the board signing poor players, hard to see how we're going to catch up to the Manchester clubs any time soon 

To compete we are going to have to spend a ton of money.
I fear the summer of 2017 will haunt us for a long time though. Simply because we spent so much on crap.

Ideally we would want to get rid of Baka, DD, Zappacosta at the very least. And just those three cost us over 100 million. I don't think the board will tolerate taking a huge loss on selling all of them so i fear the plan is to keep them and hope and pray they show some actual quality next season. I don't think they will personally.

To catch the teams in front of us i believe we need one world class reinforcements at the following positons: At least 1 wingback, one CB, one or two midfielders depending on the system, one winger/attacker and a striker.

It would probably take 3-400 million to get us there. I have no faith the club is prepared to spend that much.

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I just don't f**king care at the moment, just 1 more game and it'll finally be over and he'll be gone. But whoever comes in will have the same issues with the board signing poor players, hard to see how we're going to catch up to the Manchester clubs any time soon 

United are horse sh*t, I wouldn't be surprised if they crashed and burned next season.

13 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

United are horse sh*t, I wouldn't be surprised if they crashed and burned next season.

More chance we'll crash and burn with the same squad tbh, we may find ourselves struggling to get in top 6 if Leicester and Everton invest wisely (perhaps even Wolves/Newcastle). Think we need to be ruthless this summer, if we can say part exchange Drinkwater for Cook, bring in Weigl for Bakayoko, Lozano for Pedro (part ex for van Ginkel), and Alderweireld for Christensen we'll be back competing for top 4 imho.

GK Courtois/ Reina/ Eduardo

RB Azpi/ Aina/ Moses

LB Emerson/ Kenedy

CB Zouma/ Rudiger/ Christensen/ Luiz

DM Kante/ Ampadu

CM Loftus Cheek/ Barkley/ Fabregas/ Serri or Bruno Fernandes

AM Hazard/ Willian/ Odoi/ Mahrez or Bailey

CF Martial/Giroud/ Morata or Batshayui

So id sell Zappacosta,Drinkwater,Cahill,Pedro,Alonso. Depending on what offers we get but even Fabregas Luiz and Barkley could go but i was trying to be as realistic as possible. If Man city dont go for Mahrez i feel we still have a chance but if Man City want him forget about it.

Caballero is not good enough to be our number 2.

Zappacosta has to go and we need to bring in another RB.

Christensen has signed a new deal. He can now go on loan. Should be nowhere near our first team next season.

Luiz should stay, not fussed about Cahill. We need to bring in another CB of top quality.

We need a top midfielder. Right now we have one. The rest are barely competent. This has to be our priority.

We must keep Hazard at all costs. Pedro must go. Just let him go to whoever he wants for nothing. 

Morata can go. He's got no balls. We need players that have balls. Bring in a striker, keep Giroud, bring back Abraham. Batshuayi can go.

Ampadu, Kenedy, Hudson-Odoi and RLC are in. Bring in a manager that will play them.

I did this a while back, but I’ve since changed my mind:

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Cumming HG U21 

LB/LWB: Emerson, Alonso, Castillo U21 

CB: Azpilicueta (C), Rüdiger, Zouma, Christensen HG, Ampadu HG U21, NEW -Monolas/Romagnoli/Ginter/Gnagnon

RB/RWB: NEW - Florenzi/Hysaj, James HG U21

CM: Kante, Barkley HG, Loftus-Cheek HG, NEW - Ziyech, McEachran HG U21, McCormick HG U21

LW/CAM: Hazard, Kenedy

ST: Giroud, Batshuayi, Redan U21

RW/CAM: Willian, NEW - Malcom

Loan returns:

Zouma, Loftus Cheek, Kenedy, Batshuayi 

Sign:

Florenzi/Hysaj, Monolas/Romagnoli/Ginter/Gnagnon (could not make my mind up), Ziyech, Malcom

Sell:

Eduardo, Cahill, Luiz, Moses, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Pedro

Loan:

Chalobah, Sterling, Bakayoko, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Morata etc...

Depends on how Mount does in pre-season, keep or loan him, Hudson-Odoi needs game time, so could loan him, though I wouldn’t be opposed to keeping him. Could loan Baka out and hope he gains some confidence, or just get rid, rumours already circulating around Morata, loan or sell him. Batman has proven how talented he is, could keep him and hope the next gaffer gets the best out of him. I don’t agree with Davey, I don’t think Abraham is any where near ready and I’m doubtful if he ever will be. 

Also worth noting, on top of the home grown & U21 rules, next season we need one club developed player on the bench for each game, according to what I’ve read.

If real madrid want tibo and tibo wants madrid then let them be with eachother but demand a deal involving isco or bale? A fit bale would be an unbelievable partner for hazard? Courtois is replaceable i would take butland from relegated stoke straight away if it meant we got isco or bale? loftus cheek needs to be back in the first team squad I genuinely believe that he would of out performed every partner kante has had this season, fabregas,bakayoko,drinkwater!!!! He would of partnered kante better than all them in my opinion, as for the rest of the squad i dont even know it would be great to see hazard stay i got a feeling he will?

Also 3-4-3 is done we have been found out think maybe its time to revert back to 4-3-3 or perhaps a 4-2-3-1 but not sure we have the right players? And for christ sake get some of our youngsters involved

GK: Courtois/Willy/ Eduardo
RB: Azpi/ Moses/ New RB
LB: Alonso/Emerson
CB: Luiz/ Rudiger/ Christensen/ Zouma/New CB
DM: Kante/Bakayoko/ New DM
CM: Barkley/ Fabregas/ 2 New CM
LW: Hazard/ Odoi 
RW: Willian/New RW
ST: Morata/ Giroud/ New ST

Gone:
Cahill - Guy is solid and has achieved way more than what was expected but he's not up to standard, especially not now. Wish him all the best.
Zappa - Really like the guy and I think he's solid backup but he doesn't fill the English quota so Moses just edges him there. Would've kept him if that wasn't so.
Batshuayi - Honestly, just don't think the Prem is suited to him, lovely guy and will always remember his goal against West Brom but I'd say cash in on him while he's still coasting that high from Dortmund.
Pedro - Love Pedro but he's not up to standard anymore. Like others said, he's peaked.
Drinkwater - No real point is there? Sorry lad.

Why I'm keeping:
Moses - He fills a quota and he's not too bad, but would definitely just have him as backup.
Alonso - F**k you, I like him.
Emerson - Give that guy a god damn chance!
CB - He's David Luiz and he ain't leaving.
Zouma - Solid backup plus who knows what the future holds.
Bakayoko - Give the guy a break, he's been utterly terrible but I feel we should give him at least another season.
Barkley - £15 is a bargain and he's English, he can be good if we encourage it, don't throw our toys out the pram just yet.
Fabregas - He's homegrown and good backup, definitely past his prime but I'd at least give him one more season.
Willian - LEAVE WILLIAN ALONE!
Morata - If rumours are true, the guy has been heavily injured all season. Let's give the guy a chance under a new manager.

Wishlist:
RB: Pizczeck, Roberto, Coleman, Cancelo
CB: Koulibally, Sokratis, Glik, 
DM: Fabinho, Khedira, Vidal
CM: Jorginho, Isco, Hamsik, Fekir, 
RW: Bailey, Traore, Mahrez, Berardi, Xherdan
ST: Rashford, Belotti, Martinez

GK Courtois NEW 

DR Azpiliucueta Sterling James 

DL Alonso Emerson

DC Rudiger Luiz Zouma Christiensen 

DM Kante Ampadu

CM NEW Fabregas RLC

AM NEW mount

RW NEW Kenedy

LW Hazard CHO

CF NEW Morata Giroud 

Back up goalkeeper to replace Cabellero, preferably homegrown. Tom Heaton is a good shout from one of the posters.

Centre midfield is a mess, I would like to see 2 new midfielders come in. There is quite a few that could be on the market. Sergej, Fabinho, Bruno Fernandes, Jorginho, Weigl, Fred, Neves, Seri. 

I really think we need something fresh going forward aswell, I would love to see us bring in a pacy winger, preferably a left footer like bailey, malcom, fekir, or Mahrez. 

Up top I think we need another option. Giroud is a good option to change a game from the bench, and morata isn't clinical enough. If there is a chance of getting Martial, I would love to see a player with pace and technique lead the line for a change, even it meant losing Willian in exchange. 

Sell Moses, Zappacosta, Cahill, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Pedro, Batshuayi, MVG.

Go back to 4-3-3 no major overhaul just a few tweaks. On an absolute ideal world 3 signings with an eye on 2 signings that can wait a season before coming in (Heaton and a cb) as I think Caberello and Luiz have another season in them. Sign Martial, Jorginio and (probably but would be happy with Fekir or Malcolm) Bailey. 

Squad would be:

Gks

Courtois

Caberello 

Blackman

RBS

Azpi 

Moses

LBS

Emerson 

Alonso

CBS

Christensen 

Rudiger

Luiz

Zouma

DMS

Kante

Bakayoko 

CMS

Jorginio 

Loftus Cheek 

Mount

Barkley 

Fabregas

Wingers

Hazard 

Bailey 

Kennedy 

Hudson Odoi 

Strikers 

Martial

Batshuayi 

Giroud 

I would keep fabregas in the role he occupied last season as a sub in the final 20 and for Mount to be backup to Jorginio. Barkley and Loftus Cheek are similar players and can rotate and the front three look fluid. Moses being a backup right back is a risk but it seems he's solid in defence. 

Three big signings but would make a big statement. 

Would really love a lot of youth integration next season. We are in EL and its a silver lining kind of thing.

GK - Tibo, Willy, Blackman (HG)

RB - Azpi, Zappacosta

CB - Andreas (HG) , rudiger, Zouma, Cahill (HG)

LB - Alonso, Palmeiri

DM - kante, Ampadu (HG)

CM - Barkley (HG) , RLC (HG), DD (HG), X

RW - Willian, Mahrez

LW - Hazard, Odoi (HG)

ST - Martial, Giroud, Batshuayi

We need options in the mid. I feel DD is the best after Kante that we have in our roster and should be kept no matter what. Not having Andreas in the squad will be a massive mistake. Again, we are in EL and he can atleast play the earlier stages of the tournament and get his confidence back and iron out his issues.

Outs - Luiz (15mil), Bakayoko (20-25mil), Cesc (5mil), Pedro (5mil), Morata (50mil)

Ins - Zouma (Free), Mahrez (40mil), Martial (40mil), Bats (free), RLC (free). 

What we need is a proper CM. My best option would be verrati. 

Andreas, Empadu, RLC and odoi should get a lot of minutes the next season.