Our Strongest Starting Lineup?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 hours ago, Dixons said:

It's amazing how fast things have moved on in just a few months of football. Not only are more and more fans saying we're better without Hazard, but now even Kante's position in the starting eleven is being questioned. 

Makes me wonder whether we cash out. Swap £125m for kante for £70m for milinkovic savic. Makes me wonder whether that's what we are thinking with the rumours. 

Arguably we might be a stronger team in this style and that trade. Wouldn't hurt having a tall strong midfielder as we are quite a short team 

26 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Well he played in the deeper role with Kovacic against Crystal Palace, with Mount further upfront. Kante playing as one of a disciplined 2 in a 4-2-3-1 doesn’t mean he can’t still play his B2B role, he will just be more disciplined as you can’t have him and Mount far up the pitch at the same time leaving Jorginho exposed.

Long term IMO it is Jorginho, one of Kovacic/Kante, and one of Mount/RLC/Barkley when everyone is fit if Lamps continues with his 4-2-3-1.

My response was to your statement of:

18 hours ago, ducavis said:

If you are playing him in a 2, he has to sit in the 2.

As much as the TV pundits will have you believe he is the sitting midfielder, he doesnt play that role in the team. Both Kovacic and Jorginho are much better suited to that position, if either of them are in the starting 11 whether that is in a 2 or a 3 in midfield they would be playing that role and Kante will operate in a more mobile role & the reason he plays that role in the team is due to his discipline and engine. 

Long term I think we will rotate amongst all the options, depends on how Lampard wants to operate as I think Kante, Jorg and Kovacic are perfect to dominate any midfield in the League.

5 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think Kante, Jorg and Kovacic are perfect to dominate any midfield in the League.

For that to work, Jorginho needs to improve his delivery of the ball a la Xavi/Iniesta, Kante needs to improve his vision when passing and Kova needs to have more stamina to be able to press from the front.

14 minutes ago, Deino said:

For that to work, Jorginho needs to improve his delivery of the ball a la Xavi/Iniesta, Kante needs to improve his vision when passing and Kova needs to have more stamina to be able to press from the front.

And one or more of them has to contribute some bloody goals !

64 career club goals between them in over 1000 appearances ...

Kante 21 in 311, Jorginho 24 in 360 and Kovacic 19 in 348.

And they're all rather small of stature as well ... a less than ideal midfield trio in my book, despite all being exceptional individual footballers ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

10 minutes ago, Deino said:

In Europe yes definitely I agree

In the Premier League we could argue they are up against:

Liverpool- Wijnaldum, Fabinho & Henderson

Man City- KDB, Bernardo Silva & Fernandinho

In my view Jorginho Kante & Kovacic are better than the liverpool 3 in midfield and slightly behind the City 3 as they offer a lot more going forward.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:44, bisright1 said:

Makes me wonder whether we cash out. Swap £125m for kante for £70m for milinkovic savic. Makes me wonder whether that's what we are thinking with the rumours. 

Arguably we might be a stronger team in this style and that trade. Wouldn't hurt having a tall strong midfielder as we are quite a short team 

Milinkovic-Savic is almost like a classic number 10, but he does contribute in defensive tasks. Very strong, great technique and he can score goals in multiple ways. I can see him having the number 8 shirt and scoring lots of goals.

At some point Frankie will know if Mount and Loftus-Cheek are amazing, or not so amazing and if we are lucky enough to have both grow into world class attacking midfielders, we don't need to buy Milinkovic-Savic. As long as he doesn't sign for Liverpool, I'm fine with it. Kante doesn't need to be sold in any case, he's a key player and with this transfer ban we should have the big cash to buy a big signing if we need it.

On 14/11/2019 at 07:24, PloKoon13 said:

If we're sticking with 4-2-3-1 probably something along these lines:

Kepa

James

Rudiger

Tomori

Azpilicueta

Kanté

Kovacic/Loftus-Cheek

Pulisic/Hudson-Odoi

Willian

Mount

Abraham

Things might change, but ATM Pulisic is clearly first choice for the wide left position.