Cycling for mental health

Shameless plug here. Apologies. 

Tell you what. If Gols sponsors me I won't mock Jorginho for at least three months. 

Etape Caledonia

On Sunday 16 May I am entering the 2021 Etape Caledonia cycle road race to raise money for the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH).  SAMH work in over 60 communities with adults and young people providing mental health social care support, services in primary care, schools and further education, among others.  

Etape is an 85 mile closed road cycling event  beginning and concluding in Pitlochry. The course consists of rolling hills and forest-lined roads around Loch Rannoch and Loch Tummel, combined with the demanding, twisting climb of Mt Schiehallion (1,083m).

You can see the route on this short video 

https://youtu.be/3L5Jl_9SqxY

If it is cancelled due to COVID I will still cycle the route at the first opportunity that COVID restrictions allow. 

Just for context, before October 2020 I hadn't sat on a bike for about 30 years so this won't come easy and I  fully suspect to be walking like John Wayne by the end of it.

If you wish to sponsor me I'd be very grateful. You can do so very easily and securely via this link 

https://www.justgiving.com/Laurence-Loz's Surname.

JustGiving sends your donation straight to SAMH and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, loz said:

Cheers Val. Funnily enough not many woman have ever said that to me before. Must be a Dutch thing.

We're open to discussing a man's bum, including its welfare during a long cycle ride. We're a loving, caring sort 😇 

Yes, I've been hiding that very well.

On 21/01/2021 at 17:27, Valerie said:

We're open to discussing a man's bum, including its welfare during a long cycle ride. We're a loving, caring sort 😇 

Yes, I've been hiding that very well.

8 weeks I worked in Gouda and hotelled in Amsterdam . Not once was my bum discussed. You judgemental f**kers.

I get paid on the 28th will sponsor you then, good luck don't forget to shave your legs and get the vaseline ready. I heard cyclists like that stuff, something about chafing. Hope you cause some traffic problems. Bot a good cycling event unless you cause some white van men to blow their tops. Ironic really thinking about what cause your doing it for

3 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I get paid on the 28th will sponsor you then, good luck don't forget to shave your legs and get the vaseline ready. I heard cyclists like that stuff, something about chafing. Hope you cause some traffic problems. Bot a good cycling event unless you cause some white van men to blow their tops. Ironic really thinking about what cause your doing it for

I note your insight on vaseline!

Yep, got called a f**king w**ker today by someone in a plumbing van because he was held up. In fairness he wasn't far wrong.

2 hours ago, loz said:

I note your insight on vaseline!

Yep, got called a f**king w**ker today by someone in a plumbing van because he was held up. In fairness he wasn't far wrong.

You must of been holding him up from ripping off a pensioner.

Good job in doing your bit for society 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Loz! I assume it's my eyesight failing (or maybe absence whisky makes the heart grow fonder), but I could swear you look more handsome than you did when I last saw you 11 years ago! Those uncouth types north of Hadrian's Wall must have taught you something about oak barrel ageing during your exile.

You are correct artist formerly known as 'having hair'

It is a fairly normal  occurrence commonly known as 'not being such a fat f**k' The price of Fray Bentos is pricing my old diet out of the market 

CHeers for the sponsorship. Much appreciated.

36 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Loz! I assume it's my eyesight failing (or maybe absence whisky makes the heart grow fonder), but I could swear you look more handsome than you did when I last saw you 11 years ago! Those uncouth types north of Hadrian's Wall must have taught you something about oak barrel ageing during your exile.

He's smiling. He wasn't smiling around you 11 years ago :tongue:

49 minutes ago, loz said:

You are correct artist formerly known as 'having hair'

It is a fairly normal  occurrence commonly known as 'not being such a fat f**k' The price of Fray Bentos is pricing my old diet out of the market 

CHeers for the sponsorship. Much appreciated.

I can assure you that I still have hair, it just occupies a smaller space on my head. I can also assure you that it is not a function of nature, but rather my very dedicated tribute to Didier Drogba during his Chelsea years.

Bah - f**k diets - may as well enjoy it before the only post-Brexit consumables we have left are turnips and Whyte & Mackay.