i love english breakfast and Chelsea (not necessarily in that order)

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

There is a great cafe not far from where I live. It serves a wonderful full English breakfast. Sometimes I have to pay, sometimes I don't.

As for stuff which can be served at breakfast but not necessarily with a full English here's a couple: tattie scones and square sausage.

I like the way the Scots solved the problem of a sausage rolling around on your plate.:laugh2:

8 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Why do you need sauce? That’s what the beans are for!

Exactly Munk but put a full English in front of anyone and they will put sauce on it as a chef you know this but has to brown sauce a little bit of cheeky mustard on the bangers oh yes. PS fried eggs should be banned from a full English there I said it don't hate me.

14 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Not sexist, it could be a male from the kitchen if you were that way inclined.

So non-binary people don’t exist then? Get with the times and stop trying to fit people in to your little boxes grandad!

40 minutes ago, Scott said:

I'd murder this as well.

in the netherlands we have something called kapsalon which is fries with döner with sauce (garlic or andalouse sauce ((my favourite) covered with grilled/melted cheese. its brilliant, if you really want to be fancy you can even order some feta with that. do you guys have something similar in England?  

3 hours ago, azpi28 said:

in the netherlands we have something called kapsalon which is fries with döner with sauce (garlic or andalouse sauce ((my favourite) covered with grilled/melted cheese. its brilliant, if you really want to be fancy you can even order some feta with that. do you guys have something similar in England?  

I think @Beerqueen once mentioned getting something like patatje oorlog in a pub once.

6 hours ago, azpi28 said:

In Scotland you can get what I think is called a ‘munch box’ (please feel free to correct me) which is basically deep fried everything. 

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

In Scotland you can get what I think is called a ‘munch box’ (please feel free to correct me) which is basically deep fried everything. 

Primitive, deeply primitive. Can't hold a candle to the refined Dutch cuisine, of which kapsalon and oorlog are cutting edge 5 star examples, right @azpi28 !

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Primitive, deeply primitive. Can't hold a candle to the refined Dutch cuisine, of which kapsalon and oorlog are cutting edge 5 star examples, right @azpi28 !

frikandel is 3 michelin star worthy 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

You should watch what you say about the culture of our friends to the north, there’s plenty on this forum who’ll probably not do anything because they’re all lovely but that’s not the point!

On 07/10/2021 at 03:50, azpi28 said:

Hello 

I am a Chelsea fan from the Netherlands (coincidentally Mbuyamba played for my local team MVV). I am obsessed with football (crazy like Bielsa). I used to watch Match Of the Day on Sunday morning, i think it was on really early like 7.30 or 8.30,  (i remember seeing Petr Cech getting injured so i must have started watching from around 2006 when i was 12). if i had to pick a certain game to mark the start of really following Chelsea closely it would have been the 2009 Barcelona game. The injustice of it all left me sort of wanting to see revenge and revival. Over the years i have become very fond of the players and the club. I watch every game on english streams as i cannot stand the dutch commentators.

Hi, and a Chelsea fan from Australia! And I don't like Dutch commentators either 😀