i love english breakfast and Chelsea (not necessarily in that order)

Hello 

I am a Chelsea fan from the Netherlands (coincidentally Mbuyamba played for my local team MVV). I am obsessed with football (crazy like Bielsa). I used to watch Match Of the Day on Sunday morning, i think it was on really early like 7.30 or 8.30,  (i remember seeing Petr Cech getting injured so i must have started watching from around 2006 when i was 12). if i had to pick a certain game to mark the start of really following Chelsea closely it would have been the 2009 Barcelona game. The injustice of it all left me sort of wanting to see revenge and revival. Over the years i have become very fond of the players and the club. I watch every game on english streams as i cannot stand the dutch commentators. 

I have been to London a couple of times. I went to the FA Cup Quarterfinal against Man Utd when Willian had braids and Kanté scored the winner. 

I like to browse through the vintage pictures and film section and read stories from people who go to the games and have been fans for years, and sort of vicariously feel like a proper fan 💙 hope to be able to go to more games in the future. 

P.S. I love English breakfast & Lucian Freud, i know roman has one of his nude paintings in his collection (the one of the really fat lady)

zola.gif.bcfd0bab7a5a3f90d8c41aa0da7edea2.gif

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Thank goodness you have never mentioned clogs to me :PDT_nunu:

@azpi28 Welkom! MVV, so Maastricht? 

yeah Maastricht the deep south 😜  Boudewijn Zenden's birthplace as well 

image.png.bf1cda688b1bf45c66f375021200daab.png

When you perfect the full English breakfast, using quality produce, deep golden yolks, grilled slightly crisp bacon, grilled English sausages with a thin skin, fried mushroom and tomatoes, crunchy toast, HP sauce (i dont like black pudding,) pot of Assam tea.....it cannot be beaten, a bit like Thomas Tuchels Chelsea.....almost.

2 hours ago, coco said:

When you perfect the full English breakfast, using quality produce, deep golden yolks, grilled slightly crisp bacon, grilled English sausages with a thin skin, fried mushroom and tomatoes, crunchy toast, HP sauce (i dont like black pudding,) pot of Assam tea.....it cannot be beaten, a bit like Thomas Tuchels Chelsea.....almost.

I’m sure me and Malta covered the perfect English breakfast during the dark days - keep up!

3 hours ago, coco said:

You’d think not, but nowhere in that list of ingredients does it mention soda farls or potato bread.

I agree about black puddings. Really don’t know how they have become a part of the Ulster Fry. Was never a part of it when I was growing up.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

38 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’m sure me and Malta covered the perfect English breakfast during the dark days - keep up!

What do you low life commoners have for breakfast ? I don't like gruel, and if you put Marmite on my toast i will gag.

50 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

i try to replicate as much as i can, we have mostly pickwick tea here, which i believe is despised in England, i also put milk in my tea  

image.png.ac30c03e475893b0a6b00d78f7085338.png 

In GB and Ire if you say 'English breakfast' we think you are talking about a 'full English breakfast' not English Breakfast Tea.

full-english-7355w-2.jpg

7 hours ago, coco said:

Ahh black pudding...in my childhood when my parents ran out of money we ate horrible dry slabs of black pudding, absolutely dreadful. Then I had succulent small slices of black pudding with my fry-up, and it was magnificent. So now I'm a fan, although I haven't dared try the Dutch butcher's version...

Edited by Valerie

6 hours ago, azpi28 said:

yes thats what i meant, all of those except for the black little things. Do you also have Hash Browns with that sometimes?  

Hash browns do not belong in a full English breakfast, some people do have hash browns, the kind of people who drink Monster energy drinks.

3 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

As opposed to the 'Dutch Oven' version.

I bought a dutch oven last summer, bloody brilliant, cook a stew or curry in the pot and some flat breads on the lid, i hang it over this little eco-stove i got that burns small bits of wood. Might be doing a lot of cooking on it with the way energy prices are going.

There is a great cafe not far from where I live. It serves a wonderful full English breakfast. Sometimes I have to pay, sometimes I don't.

As for stuff which can be served at breakfast but not necessarily with a full English here's a couple: tattie scones and square sausage.