Dylan Williams

Not sure if this belongs more with the academy stuff however:

The Athletic are reporting that we are in for Dylan Williams - a fullback from Derby County

Chelsea in talks to sign Dylan Williams from Derby

Chelsea in talks to sign Dylan Williams from Derby

Chelsea are in talks to sign Dylan Williams from Derby County, The Athletic understands.

Derby head coach Wayne Rooney confirmed earlier on Friday that a Premier League club had made a transfer offer for the 18-year-old full-back, which had been accepted.

“We have agreed a fee with a Premier League club for Dylan Williams,” Rooney said at his press conference on Friday.

“I couldn't stand in the way of his opportunity.”

https://theathletic.com/news/chelsea-in-talks-to-sign-dylan-williams-from-derby/Ba6LMcCZzopi/

Don't know anything about the kid. Just saw the link today... Anyone familiar with him? Is this more for the academy, or is this with hopes that he is playing 1st team ball at some point soon? If it's the latter, I gotta say, if I was a LB/RB/WB in the academy, I'd be a little perturbed by this move if it turns out to be true

Edited by chiefBlueCFC