Jump to content

Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Sat 7th May 2022 15:00 GMT


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2022 at 21:27, coombsie said:

Also I meant to add, Who, in the Police control room's bright idea was it to let Wolves fans, behaving as if they had just won the f**king Champions League out of the Shed End at PRECISELY the same time as the East Stand and the MH fans exiting at the Shed gate. The stewards looked shocked and a bit panicked, the Police, as usual did nothing, just let Wolves fans sing "Chelsea Rent boys" and 2-0 and you f**ked it up, all the way to Fulham Broadway. Surprised there wasn't more trouble and again I think that this was due to the mood of Chelsea fans, following our capitulation to a really poor team (again !!)

Where has this 'Chelsea rent boys' thing come from anyway?

Can't imagine we would have stood for that back in the 80s.

Edited by SW6Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, SW6Blue said:

Where has this 'Chelsea rent boys' thing come from anyway?

Can't imagine we would have stood for that back in the 80s.

I think it started with either the Dippers or City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, coombsie said:

I think it started with either the Dippers or City

Sounds about right, but what made them call us 'rent boys' in the first place?

Probably too thick to think of anything else?

Edited by SW6Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, SW6Blue said:

Sounds about right, but what made them call us 'rent boys' in the first place?

Probably too thick to think of anything else?

The area around Earls Court was known for bars frequented by gays in the 60s/70s. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Really? If that is the case why did he need VAR for the pen?

It was a decision in our favour so they had to try and avoid making it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If the ref didn’t blow the whistle before Werner scored, VAR would have got involved IF the ref blew his whistle after the goal. That ref was a complete arse.

Edited by Mana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It was a decision in our favour so they had to try and avoid making it. 

Well VAR really messed that up didn't they? Lol

Am sure they will be bang in normal form on Saturday though.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

If the ref didn’t blow the whistle before Werner scored, VAR would have got involved IF the ref blew his whistle after the goal. That ref was a complete arse.

Yup he went out of his way to give the most he could to Wolves.

Edited by axman2526
Link to comment
Share on other sites


After the game we ended up in The Atlas pub near West Brompton Station. One of the few decent pubs near the ground and serves some good beers.

About 6.30 a fellow Chelsea fan walked in and had a bag of programmes for the game and dished them out. I haven't bought a programme for years but as it was free. After reading it will give it to a friend of mine.

I thought that the club couldn't sell programmes at the moment but obviously are still being printed but can't be sold at the moment. I should have asked how the guy got hold of the programmes but after a few beers...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

After the game we ended up in The Atlas pub near West Brompton Station. One of the few decent pubs near the ground and serves some good beers.

 

Quite like The Lillie Langtry myself. Also The Prince is worth a visit. Never been in The Atlas, will have to give it a whirl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SW6Blue said:

Quite like The Lillie Langtry myself. Also The Prince is worth a visit. Never been in The Atlas, will have to give it a whirl.

Haven't been in the Prince since it was refurbished so should try it again. Have been in the Lillie Langtry a few times since it was done up. Used to go in there a lot when Pat and Mary ran it. A few years now since they retired and returned to Ireland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, I've got it!