Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Sat 7th May 2022 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 07/05/2022 at 21:27, coombsie said:

Also I meant to add, Who, in the Police control room's bright idea was it to let Wolves fans, behaving as if they had just won the f**king Champions League out of the Shed End at PRECISELY the same time as the East Stand and the MH fans exiting at the Shed gate. The stewards looked shocked and a bit panicked, the Police, as usual did nothing, just let Wolves fans sing "Chelsea Rent boys" and 2-0 and you f**ked it up, all the way to Fulham Broadway. Surprised there wasn't more trouble and again I think that this was due to the mood of Chelsea fans, following our capitulation to a really poor team (again !!)

Where has this 'Chelsea rent boys' thing come from anyway?

Can't imagine we would have stood for that back in the 80s.

Edited by SW6Blue

2 hours ago, SW6Blue said:

Where has this 'Chelsea rent boys' thing come from anyway?

Can't imagine we would have stood for that back in the 80s.

I think it started with either the Dippers or City

5 minutes ago, coombsie said:

I think it started with either the Dippers or City

Sounds about right, but what made them call us 'rent boys' in the first place?

Probably too thick to think of anything else?

Edited by SW6Blue

1 hour ago, SW6Blue said:

Sounds about right, but what made them call us 'rent boys' in the first place?

Probably too thick to think of anything else?

The area around Earls Court was known for bars frequented by gays in the 60s/70s. 

If the ref didn’t blow the whistle before Werner scored, VAR would have got involved IF the ref blew his whistle after the goal. That ref was a complete arse.

Edited by Mana

6 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It was a decision in our favour so they had to try and avoid making it. 

Well VAR really messed that up didn't they? Lol

Am sure they will be bang in normal form on Saturday though.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

If the ref didn’t blow the whistle before Werner scored, VAR would have got involved IF the ref blew his whistle after the goal. That ref was a complete arse.

Yup he went out of his way to give the most he could to Wolves.

Edited by axman2526

After the game we ended up in The Atlas pub near West Brompton Station. One of the few decent pubs near the ground and serves some good beers.

About 6.30 a fellow Chelsea fan walked in and had a bag of programmes for the game and dished them out. I haven't bought a programme for years but as it was free. After reading it will give it to a friend of mine.

I thought that the club couldn't sell programmes at the moment but obviously are still being printed but can't be sold at the moment. I should have asked how the guy got hold of the programmes but after a few beers...

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

After the game we ended up in The Atlas pub near West Brompton Station. One of the few decent pubs near the ground and serves some good beers.

Quite like The Lillie Langtry myself. Also The Prince is worth a visit. Never been in The Atlas, will have to give it a whirl.

1 hour ago, SW6Blue said:

Quite like The Lillie Langtry myself. Also The Prince is worth a visit. Never been in The Atlas, will have to give it a whirl.

Haven't been in the Prince since it was refurbished so should try it again. Have been in the Lillie Langtry a few times since it was done up. Used to go in there a lot when Pat and Mary ran it. A few years now since they retired and returned to Ireland.