Jump to content

Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Sat 7th May 2022 15:00 GMT


Recommended Posts


Leeds will have everything to play for in the following fixture, so a defeat is nailed on. Wolves.. a bit more neutral, not really playing for much.. we need a draw here to have any hope after Leeds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

IMO the season's done. Any wins from this point will be a bonus. They all checked out.

That Real Madrid 2nd leg was like the final curtain call of our season.

Edited by Mana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First goal will be key here. We simply have to score first. Wolves can be difficult to break down, especially when protecting a lead. We could really do with a win to take the pressure off our remaining games. But on current form I don't feel confident. If we do win it will no doubt be another close call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Maybe Tuchel will surprises us again with Havertz and Timo combination 😩. We will see another lovely combination football and sidepassing. The bonus will be this time Alonso lost concentration and we lose with another 0-1 and Tuchel make sup @ 70 min Lukaku for mendy to make a statement .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The season needs to end. Clearout is needed bad. These players have shown their true colours.

I will not be surprised if we dropped points against Wolves. Useless bunch of crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Mana said:

The season needs to end. Clearout is needed bad. These players have shown their true colours.

I will not be surprised if we dropped points against Wolves. Useless bunch of crap.

How many players do you want to get rid of? A clear-out is all well and good, but it means we need new quality players (can't rely solely on the youth here). In view of our less than stellar record in the acquisitions department, I'm not holding my breath expecting an improvement to what we've seen the last few weeks. Not in one season anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With our players well paid contracts and not performing for us they will be unlikely to go to a better club so will be reluctant to move.

The odd one might accept a pay cut in return for playing more often though not many, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, Valerie said:

How many players do you want to get rid of? A clear-out is all well and good, but it means we need new quality players (can't rely solely on the youth here). In view of our less than stellar record in the acquisitions department, I'm not holding my breath expecting an improvement to what we've seen the last few weeks. Not in one season anyway.

Agreed. Not to mention selling players requires time and resources too. Beyond those players who leave at the end of current contracts, I think we will do well if we manage to sell on the driftwood that is currently on loan across Europe.  Maybe a couple of other first team squad players will leave, especially if they are keen to move (e.g. Jorgi if he wants to return to Italy). But we are going to have our work cut out just reinforcing the gaps in defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Valerie said:

How many players do you want to get rid of? A clear-out is all well and good, but it means we need new quality players (can't rely solely on the youth here). In view of our less than stellar record in the acquisitions department, I'm not holding my breath expecting an improvement to what we've seen the last few weeks. Not in one season anyway.

If you ask fans

Timo, Jorgi, Azpi, Rudi, Chris, Lukaku, puli, sarr, alonso, Kepa (probably will leave) maybe even Kante 

So we are left wirh

Ziyech/cho - Havertz/Borja - gallagher/mount

Chilwell/emerson - Kante? - kova/ruben - james

Colwil - Silva - Chalo

So we need 2 cb, one dm and one rwb (I am not big fan of cho as rwb). 

I put gallagher as fw, not big fan oh him playing as dm. 

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Timo, Jorgi, Azpi, Rudi, Chris, Lukaku, puli, sarr, alonso, Kepa (probably will leave) maybe even Kante 

Ziyech and CHO need to leave too if I'm completely honest. Kante as much as I love him, we have to start thinking of shipping him out. Mount, if Newcastle wants him for £80m we should sell him too.

You also forgot Bats, Bakayoko and Drinkwater but I expect them to leave immediately once their contracts expire (Bats should have GONE but the board extended it feck them, hopefully Boehly sacks them)

A lot of these players are simply not good enough. It's not just their performances I'm looking at. It's their attitude and mentality. Most of these players' attitude and mentality are weak, hence why I don't mind for example Mount leaving.

The inconsistency of this man for example is unreal. I'm not having the "he's young" BS. Should we give CHO, Sarr, Werner, Pulisic the benefit of the doubt as well since they are "young" too? Nonsense. They played on the highest level for years now. You should see an upward projectory.

The attitude and mentality of these players is the reason why we are limping now to CL, just 3 points ahead of Arsenal. We shouldn't be losing to Arsenal, Everton and drawing with United. At all.

Because they are Champions of the World now, they think they have done it all. No you haven't. Our CL win while in the short term was magical and amazing for the club, long term it's damaging us. Because that's why the board thought we only needed Lukaku last summer. We were blinded that this squad is good enough to challenge City and Liverpool. We are FAR off the pace.

Most of our starting XI can't even be on the bench for Liverpool or City. That's how bad our squad is.

I want that FA Cup, but if winning the FA Cup is going to blind the fans and the board yet again with "Mount's 10/10, AZPI 8! Pulisic is 9!!" BS...then for the goodness of this club long term, we have to lose the FA Cup and break the record of losing 3 FA Cup finals in a row.

Edited by Mana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last season we started with Frank and then TT took over.

It is not as though we have had a nice progression of managers so there is no tenure of note.

Last season our glaring gap was a striker yet the club messed that up yet even here on the forum we failed to reach consensus on realistic targets.

We were lucky in that Havertz improved though as the season progresses it is not as much as we might have hoped. 

I would struggle to see any of our players get in the City or Liverpool teams except maybe Rudiger and Silva.

All our forward players are inconsistent including Mount yet he is the best of them all. 

Mount stays for me, if we genuinely got in a better player then maybe Christmas or next summer we could let him go yet madness to do that now without a proven better starter.

However I see Mount as the wrong question, it is primarily about filling defensive gaps and a striker though think money will be tight and we will want to see how Broja fits before we strengthen offensively.

Chilwell worries me, a long time out and he may not be the same player when he returns.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

Last season we started with Frank and then TT took over.

It is not as though we have had a nice progression of managers so there is no tenure of note.

Last season our glaring gap was a striker yet the club messed that up yet even here on the forum we failed to reach consensus on realistic targets.

We were lucky in that Havertz improved though as the season progresses it is not as much as we might have hoped. 

I would struggle to see any of our players get in the City or Liverpool teams except maybe Rudiger and Silva.

All our forward players are inconsistent including Mount yet he is the best of them all. 

Mount stays for me, if we genuinely got in a better player then maybe Christmas or next summer we could let him go yet madness to do that now without a proven better starter.

However I see Mount as the wrong question, it is primarily about filling defensive gaps and a striker though think money will be tight and we will want to see how Broja fits before we strengthen offensively.

Chilwell worries me, a long time out and he may not be the same player when he returns.

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Ziyech and CHO need to leave too if I'm completely honest. Kante as much as I love him, we have to start thinking of shipping him out. Mount, if Newcastle wants him for £80m we should sell him too.

You also forgot Bats, Bakayoko and Drinkwater but I expect them to leave immediately once their contracts expire (Bats should have GONE but the board extended it feck them, hopefully Boehly sacks them)

A lot of these players are simply not good enough. It's not just their performances I'm looking at. It's their attitude and mentality. Most of these players' attitude and mentality are weak, hence why I don't mind for example Mount leaving.

The inconsistency of this man for example is unreal. I'm not having the "he's young" BS. Should we give CHO, Sarr, Werner, Pulisic the benefit of the doubt as well since they are "young" too? Nonsense. They played on the highest level for years now. You should see an upward projectory.

The attitude and mentality of these players is the reason why we are limping now to CL, just 3 points ahead of Arsenal. We shouldn't be losing to Arsenal, Everton and drawing with United. At all.

Because they are Champions of the World now, they think they have done it all. No you haven't. Our CL win while in the short term was magical and amazing for the club, long term it's damaging us. Because that's why the board thought we only needed Lukaku last summer. We were blinded that this squad is good enough to challenge City and Liverpool. We are FAR off the pace.

Most of our starting XI can't even be on the bench for Liverpool or City. That's how bad our squad is.

I want that FA Cup, but if winning the FA Cup is going to blind the fans and the board yet again with "Mount's 10/10, AZPI 8! Pulisic is 9!!" BS...then for the goodness of this club long term, we have to lose the FA Cup and break the record of losing 3 FA Cup finals in a row.

We were top of the league for a long time before our two wb went down. 4 out of our 6 best players were in n out of the team the whole season due to injuries. 

Rudi, silva, mount, kante, kova, james, chil, kai can easily be at least rotational player for pool/City. Mount probably will start for pool, Silva for city. 

Kante - Mount

Fabinho 

will be riddiculous for pool

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

We were top of the league for a long time before our two wb went down. 4 out of our 6 best players were in n out of the team the whole season due to injuries. 

The league is a marathon, not a sprint. You can be 1st all you like in the first two laps, but on the final lap that's when it gets very serious. And we can't do it.

46 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Rudi, silva, mount, kante, kova, james, chil, kai can easily be at least rotational player for pool/City. Mount probably will start for pool, Silva for city. 

Kante - Mount

Fabinho 

will be riddiculous for pool

I'm not counting Rudi as he's outta here. Don't see him as a Chels player anymore. 

Silva, Kova, James, Chilwell, Mount and Kai...ok yes I see them on the bench.

But you are overestimating Mount again. Mount will not be in Pool's starting XI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, I've got it!