Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Sat 7th May 2022 15:00 GMT

1 hour ago, Mana said:

The league is a marathon, not a sprint. You can be 1st all you like in the first two laps, but on the final lap that's when it gets very serious. And we can't do it.

I'm not counting Rudi as he's outta here. Don't see him as a Chels player anymore. 

Silva, Kova, James, Chilwell, Mount and Kai...ok yes I see them on the bench.

But you are overestimating Mount again. Mount will not be in Pool's starting XI.

Mount will start over Henderson. 

Thiago/hendo - mount

Fabinho 

I can see a deadly combination on pool right. 

Salah, Mount n Trent 

In fact we have seen something similar  Willian, Mount n James under lamp

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Mount will start over Henderson. 

Thiago/hendo - mount

Fabinho 

I can see a deadly combination on pool right. 

Salah, Mount n Trent 

In fact we have seen something similar  Willian, Mount n James under lamp

Henderson is the captain and is more consistent than Mount in his performances. Klopp loves him as while he isn't a special player, you KNOW what you're getting from him. At least a 7/10. Henderson will not be benched for Mount. Mount's way too inconsistent and his mentality is weak.

And no Liverpool fan will agree with you.

Edited by Mana

On 03/05/2022 at 12:52, Mana said:

Henderson is the captain and is more consistent than Mount in his performances. Klopp loves him as while he isn't a special player, you KNOW what you're getting from him. At least a 7/10. Henderson will not be benched for Mount. Mount's way too inconsistent and his mentality is weak.

And no Liverpool fan will agree with you.

Even though they don't even play the same position or role, I can't see how could you make such an argument specially after this season that Mount has had.

12 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Even though they don't even play the same position or role, I can't see how could you make such an argument specially after this season that Mount has had.

I really struggle to see why Mason is disrespected so much by some. He is still only 23( classed as a young player,football wise) and improving season on season.  If we were daft enough to let him go, the top teams around Europe would be at the dining table.

With a weeks rest, if we can't get 3 points at home against Wolves then definitely this team is on the beach waiting for us to slip into a malaise 4th place and a cup final that they likely think we'll get spanked based on current attitude and form.  This is a crucial 3 points...a must win to keep the distance between us and Arsenal regardless of the tough fixtures ahead for them.  

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

It's because Bob Stark told me Mount will start over Henderson.

I can make that argument with a player who is more consistent with his good performances over the other. It's not just about goals and assists (because Henderson is not an attacker). It's about overall team play.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I can make that argument with a player who is more consistent with his good performances over the other. It's not just about goals and assists (because Henderson is not an attacker). It's about overall team play.

Whatand Mount doesn't work his socks off each game?!?!

13 minutes ago, Trueblue76 said:

Whatand Mount doesn't work his socks off each game?!?!

I never said that. But that can be said for most of OUR players. You think Werner doesn't work his socks off each game???

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Mount will outperform Henderson in the FA Cup final, regardless of their roles in their teams.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

I'd argue consistency comes with age and experience, Mount is 23 and Henderson is 31, when Liverpool signed Henderson he was far from the finished article... not really a great comparison to make... firstly they don't play the same position and secondly they don't have the same levels of experience... Frank Lampard when he first signed as a 22 year old wasn't consistent, only in his mid late 20's did he become that player..

For me we play Mount as an attacking forward, Henderson is a central midfielder, very different positions.

I recall someone shared the U17 line-up a few seasons ago and Mount even then was an attacking forward.

Interestingly at U17 James was RCB.

Kante and Jorginho are out, TT heavily indicated Lukaku is starting this one and possibly CP as well. 

If thar is the case I would expect this to be the team:

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

RLC

Kovacic

Alonso

Mount

Lukaku

Pulisic 

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Kante and Jorginho are out, TT heavily indicated Lukaku is starting this one and possibly CP as well. 

If thar is the case I would expect this to be the team:

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

RLC

Kovacic

Alonso

Mount

Lukaku

Pulisic 

0-1 written all over it. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

0-1 written all over it. 

That you prediction for Zetas thread?

I picked Mount to score first so he is either going to have a brilliant game...

...or not be picked...

Edited by axman2526

7 hours ago, strider6004 said:

For me we play Mount as an attacking forward, Henderson is a central midfielder, very different positions.

I recall someone shared the U17 line-up a few seasons ago and Mount even then was an attacking forward.

Interestingly at U17 James was RCB.

Mount is supposed to be a number 10, he played his best football under Lamps as that but then got made to do the dirty work deeper in the pitch, then got played wide for a bit. Wonder if all this shifting around and playing general attacking roles has stunted his growth? He could have far higher numbers as a 10 imo.

16 hours ago, charierre said:

I really struggle to see why Mason is disrespected so much by some. He is still only 23( classed as a young player,football wise) and improving season on season.  If we were daft enough to let him go, the top teams around Europe would be at the dining table.

I can guarantee you if Mount is available for reasonable price, klopp will sign him and play him over hendo. 

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

Mount is supposed to be a number 10, he played his best football under Lamps as that but then got made to do the dirty work deeper in the pitch, then got played wide for a bit. Wonder if all this shifting around and playing general attacking roles has stunted his growth? He could have far higher numbers as a 10 imo.

Mount is at his best playing in a 3 where he can play deeper and then get forward.  He is not a playmaker, he is more of an Oscar rather than a Mata. 

His best football came in his 1st season with us when he was allowed to bomb forward from deep. 2nd season with werner n Chil in front of him it ws difficult for him to do so. 

10 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Mount will outperform Henderson in the FA Cup final, regardless of their roles in their teams.

You cannot say that. But, we’ll see.

10 hours ago, Trueblue76 said:

I'd argue consistency comes with age and experience, Mount is 23 and Henderson is 31, when Liverpool signed Henderson he was far from the finished article... not really a great comparison to make... firstly they don't play the same position and secondly they don't have the same levels of experience... Frank Lampard when he first signed as a 22 year old wasn't consistent, only in his mid late 20's did he become that player..

That’s not the point. Whether Mount will have better performances than Henderson in the future that’s a different debate.

I am talking about the present, and Henderson at this point of time, is more consistent than Mount and if Mount was in Liverpool - I seriously doubt Henderson will be benched. Henderson just has that experience Mount doesn’t.

28 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Mount is at his best playing in a 3 where he can play deeper and then get forward.  He is not a playmaker, he is more of an Oscar rather than a Mata. 

His best football came in his 1st season with us when he was allowed to bomb forward from deep. 2nd season with werner n Chil in front of him it ws difficult for him to do so. 

He's deemed to be more effective by his managers for his pressing sure but I think it's more about his average position could be higher and prioritising getting up the pitch than tracking back, he doesn't end up on the edge of the box or in it as much as I'd like him to be.
I don't know if the pure number 10 will be accepted in the PL anymore, it's kind of seen as a luxury role nowadays.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

He's deemed to be more effective by his managers for his pressing sure but I think it's more about his average position could be higher and prioritising getting up the pitch than tracking back, he doesn't end up on the edge of the box or in it as much as I'd like him to be.
I don't know if the pure number 10 will be accepted in the PL anymore, it's kind of seen as a luxury role nowadays.

I actually want him to receive the ball deeper. Rather than getting the ball as a fw, I want him to feed them. 

Probably Bruno. It is difficult to be balance playing with a 10 who want to go everywhere. The funny part is United has 2 undroppable players playing such role. 

Edited by Bob stark