drogba opens his gob again

The Brit

love him as a player, but can't he keep his mouth shut for five minutes about leaving us...just do it in the summer and stop unsettling the club...from the times

speaking of his dream of playing alongside Samuel Eto’o at Barcelona, he said: “Any striker in my situation would say they’d be really happy to get the chance to play alongside Samuel. I don’t see why it should not happen.

“He is indispensable to Barcelona. When José Mourinho learnt that Samuel wasn’t playing against us in our Champions League game in October 2006, he told us, ‘We’ve won.’ We know only too well what he can do and Mourinho even tried to bring him to Chelsea at one point.”

Well it can mean that Drogba will leave in the summer to join Barca.

It can also mean that he would want us to sign Eto´o soon or else later.

It can also mean that Drogba wants to stay here but maybe end his career at Barca (or wherever Eto´o plays by then).

So we can't say for sure what he means exactly.

And who knows from when the quotes are. Yesterday or ten years ago? icon_rolleyes.gif

Still, would be nice if he can keep his mouth shut every know and then. Or else speak highly about playing for Chelsea.

like I said...from the times and I think it's in all the papers tomorrow

Ooops...sorry. icon_redface.gif

I just wonder why Drogba would be giving interviews to British press about Eto'o while he should be concentrating in getting ready for ACN...? They're not even playing against eachother in the group stages. It would be interesting to read the full interview to find out what was the question that Drogba answered with those words and if that is the full quote. icon_rolleyes.gif

What if Eto'o is the Barcelona player we supposedly just put a bid on? icon_wink.gif

I really can't see Eto'o ever considering joining us and do we really need another striker? Unless the club already knows for sure that Drogba is leaving in the summer.

Then again, 4-3-3 with Anelka, Drogba and Eto'o up front would be quite scary...for opposing teams' defences, that is. icon_lol.gif

Guest Brian M

One place we can be 100% sure that Drogba ISN'T going, is Barca. They've got a team that Ronnie and Henry are having trouble getting into the starting 11.

Real, maybe. Juv, maybe. Inter, maybe. Milan, probably.

as usual the media take the worst case for chelsea scenario. instead of thinking that maybe chelsea were gonna sign eto`o to play alongside drogba, immediately they say dorgba wants to sign for barca. i was 50/50 over drogba leaving, now i want to see him start next season just to stick it up the medias arse.

One place we can be 100% sure that Drogba ISN'T going, is Barca. They've got a team that Ronnie and Henry are having trouble getting into the starting 11.

Real, maybe. Juv, maybe. Inter, maybe. Milan, probably.

Where ever Jose ends up 300.gif

i thing drogba is like to leave and leave

we can swap with ronaldinho or iniesta

have so much strike to buy villa . aguero

we are not team DEPENDANT from drogba

we play with 11 player

i loved so much drogba but now i love more anelka

bicose drogba say im a star

in 2005 he tells mohurinho giv me 1 chance for 1 seson now tell im love to play barca

and go to stay in reserve to barca

I have frigging had it up to here with this stupidity. I dont believe anything coming out of the media but where there is smoke of this magnitude, there is obviously going to be some fire. And in drogba's case I think he's had his mouth around the bong too much, because all he seems to be doing is producing smoke these days

Say what you want about loyalty to a player but it cuts both ways, and when the player takes his bows, claps the fans, and the comes off the pitch and says things like "I was disgusted to sign" or "I will not be staying here" or "I have always wanted to go here or there" then that is just idiocy of the highest level. To supporters the most zealous badge kisser will be beloved even if he winds up with zero goals. The most important thing is the club and class. That is why that piece of trash Eto'o will never wear the royal blue. The name on the front is what matters, not on the back. And I dont care if Drogba comes back and scores 50 goals. I will never forget how he has reacted

Has the guy suddenly forgotten about the nightmare he had in coming here the first two years? So much ink was spilled about it i dont honestly see how he could. All the media asked where the goals were for 30 million pounds. And worse yet why was he toppling like an anemic Peter Crouch everytime contact was made? But the fans and the team stuck by him for two years until he got his game back, which he of course did and started scoring for fun. And then Jose and now its all forgotten??? Was he playing with 10 other Joses? Was he being cheered on by 42,000 Joses? If his love affair with Mourinho is that deep, then far be it from me to question that

The only thing I can conclude is that, to Didier, all that effort meant nothing. All those people that showed up saturday with his name on the back, sang his songs at the bridge and went mad when he scored. If he doesnt at least have the common decency to repay this club and its supporters with a little class, by keeping his comments about his "disgust" to himself. Get your transfer, but make it amicable and remember that you came a hairsbreadth from being a massive bust. But even that is apparrently too much to ask. No, the bridges have to all be burned

Well, as far as I am concerned he can make his wet dream a reality and join his buddy Samuel. Thank you for the goals, but not much else

/knee jerk

What I though he also said in this interview is that for that to happen (him playing alongside Eto'o) the club (ie Chelsea) would need to write a fat check. Therefore what he meant I think that he would've liked Eto'o joining Chelsea as oppose to him going to Barca.

The club should stop messing about with him, and put in a statement to say that if drogba want's to go then so be it he can go, no player is bigger than the club, but he won't be cheap and any team will have to break the 30mil mark to sign him.

In the past 2 season's Didier has done superb for us and when we first brought him and he wasn't doing as well i always backed him to come good , but he's moaning is realy getting on my nerves now, and i can't wait to get shot of him.

At this moment in time the team are doing realy well and fighting on all front's with a depleted squad, the last thing anyone needs is him constantly touting himself to whichever club that one of his mates (that he's with at the time) play's for, trying to disrupt the squads morale.

Nicolas urges Drogba to stay:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2242806,00.html

Don't repeat my mistakes, Anelka tells Drogba

French striker knows from experience how a move can turn sour as he appeals to his new Chelsea team-mate

Nicolas Anelka has told his fellow striker Didier Drogba to think again about leaving Chelsea, warning him that he would live to regret any move away from the Premier League. Anelka speaks from experience. The club's £15m signing from Bolton Wanderers was 20 when he completed his acrimonious transfer from Arsenal to Real Madrid.

The Frenchman admits it was an offer he could not refuse but his time in Spain turned sour and, save for a six-month loan spell at Liverpool in 2001-02, he has spent the ensuing years pining for a return to the very top. Drogba has flirted with the idea of quitting Chelsea on a number of occasions since his arrival from Marseille in the summer of 2004. Having proved himself in France and England, he is attracted by a fresh challenge in either Spain or Italy, which with his 30th birthday approaching in March, could be his last major contract. He said on Tuesday that he would like to play alongside Samuel Eto'o at Barcelona.

"When Didier comes back [from the African Cup of Nations], I will speak with him because he doesn't know everything about leaving a club and playing in a different country," said Anelka, who completed his move to Stamford Bridge last Friday, his eighth transfer in 11 years. "I do because I did it.

"I know that English football and the Premier League is the best. I will tell him to stay because he will not find anywhere else what he has at Chelsea. He is a big star in England and at Chelsea and everyone loves him.

"I spoke with him on Wednesday and I am really looking forward to playing with him. I don't know yet what he thinks about the future but I will tell him to stay and, hopefully, we can play really well together. I sympathise with the way he is thinking about leaving. I know what it is like and all I can do is speak with him and explain what happened when I left [for Spain]. He's nearly 30. If he wanted to come back, it would be very difficult. I did it when I was 20 so I could come back. But if he signs somewhere and regrets it, when you are 30 to 31, it is very difficult to come back."

Although Anelka helped Real to the 2000 Champions League, starting in the 3-0 win over Valencia in the final, he toiled during his season at the Bernabéu, scoring only two goals, and found it impossible to cope with being a recognisable face off the field. He hopes his words will resonate with Drogba.

"It was a great feeling to win the Champions League but I knew that I could not stay very long in Spain," he said. "In Spain you can't do anything. If you drive, everyone recognises you; at a restaurant you have paparazzi outside. I prefer the life in England. It was very difficult for me on the pitch because outside the pitch it was very hard. But at the same time I was not very good on the pitch."

Anelka left that summer, for a transfer back to Paris St-Germain, the club where he started his career, and it was they who loaned him to Liverpool. He went on to play for Manchester City, Fenerbahce and Bolton before his latest move to Chelsea. A record total of £86.5m has changed hands for his signature over the years.

"When Real Madrid want you, it is difficult to say 'No' but, when I got there, I knew I could not stay longer," he said. "I know my quality and I tried to come back to a big club. I did, to Liverpool, but they did not sign me [permanently] so after that it was chasing a good club, a big club. That's why I moved and I moved but, if I had signed for a big club before now, I would not have moved around like I did. I wanted to sign for Liverpool but it didn't happen. If I had stayed at Liverpool, I believe I would still be there today.

"I think it was more [because of reasons] outside the football that I have had to wait [for another big club]. People were saying [things] about my character. That is wrong. If you ask all the players who have played with me, they will never say anything wrong about me. I think I could have stayed at a big club and played Champions League every year. I could have been a much better player but that is in the past. I have no regrets. The most important thing is Chelsea."

Anelka's performance at his official unveiling yesterday was flawless and, while the cynics suggested he had plenty of previous to hone his delivery, there was no mistaking his desire for honours. The Champions League, the Premier League, the domestic cups: the 28-year-old wants them all, to make up for lost time. And in the longer term he is determined to partner Drogba, not replace him.

--------------------------------------------------

Interesting...

Guest Brian M

I have to say that I'm really liking what Anelka is saying.

John Ford, the late great director, once said that directing was 90% casting. Hire the right people and get out of their way and let them do the job. Maybe managing a football club is like that. So hats off to Grant for snapping up the right player at the right time in his career.

Now let's just sit back and watch him do his job.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brian M

I see nothing in Drogba's new quotes to change my mind. This is the only bit worth reading:

"I said what I had to say and I think that was understood," he told Don Balon.

Yes. And the message went, "At the end of the season I'm going to change clubs. So get ready with your bids..."

No ifs, buts or maybes, he's off like a Bondi tram.

But, until he goes, he will give 100%. So, let's just hope he does the business in the last couple of months of the season, and then he can sod off.

Archived