SAY NO TO GAME 39!

glory55
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Make sure when you sign this that you put a valid e-mail address as you get a confirmation e-mail with a link that you need to click on.

Also you will receive a copy of the Premier league's issued statment on why it is a great idea.

Make sure when you sign this that you put a valid e-mail address as you get a confirmation e-mail with a link that you need to click on.

Also you will receive a copy of the Premier league's issued statment on why it is a great idea.

Cheers mate, will redo my vote actions1.gif

why is it such a disaster? it sounds like a good idea to me.

is it because theyll have to fly somewhere? boohoo...

playing international opposition is what we love about football, the CL is so desired were almost maniacs about it.

so we cant spice up our league, becoming worldwide leaders in innovation? we still playing an entire 38 game domestic league, with one poxy international match to spice it up - sounds pretty fun to me.

We wouldn't be playing international opposition. We would be playing Sunderland but it would be in Beijing, or LA, or Melbourne.

And I don't see it as just one game, I see it as the opening of slow leak. One game in the first year, if it proces a financial success then we would have 3 games within a further 5 years and not long after that it would be 10 games.

Meanwhile the other major leagues realise they need to cash in as well as the Premiership is getting too far from them in terms of finances and so thery start to do likewise.

We may as well just have a European league now and save the hassle of tweaking things every few years.

Apart from that, there's the unfairness of having 3 points at stake for a game against random opposition. Do I really have to go through all this again? There is NOTHING about this idiotic idea that is "right". It's ONLY about the money, about pushing the Premiership as a Brand Name. That's all. Do they really give a f**k about the "fans" in Melbourne, Washington, Shanghai or wherever? Do they f**k. Neither do I as it happens, but that's besides the point. All they want is more money in the coffers.

That twat Mike Parry is one of the few I've heard defending this scheme. Which, if you've been unfortunate enough to hear the kind of drivel this pillock spouts, says it all. Steve Bruce's argument was so poor, it was embarrassing. Alvin Martin was another one. The East End Scouse himself. Maybe he drew the short straw - "sorry Alvin, it's your turn to defend the indefensible". And then there were the Premier League reps. Smarmy, greedy, money grabbing scumbags the lot of them.

And as Loz says, allowing this one extra game will be the thin end of the wedge. The marketing possibilities are endless; they could sell, for instance, Derby v Reading as part of a package deal with Man U v Liverpool. Think how much more profit they'd rake in for those two games, in Manila, for instance, compared with the revenue they'd draw from the equivalent game at Pride Park, and even at Old Trafford. The fans at home don't matter. It's all about TV money, selling over-priced shirts and other micky-mouse memorabilia. I'll say it one more time ...

The whole thing STINKS.

To all those who signed the petition - just out of interest, has anybody had any feedback yet?

I've had an e-mail from the FA Premier League, which desperately tries to sell the idea of overseas Premiership games - pathetic money grabbing c*nts.

I've also had automatic e-mail responses from Birmingham City (extremely brief), and from Wet Spam (which doesn't even acknowledge the subject matter, but very kindly offers me advice on tickets for future games at the Boleyn Slum) icon_rolleyes.gif

Aargh OK

Nothing other than from a Liverpool supporters club saying they are delighted with the idea as it means another weekend when the first team squad are away meaning all their homes are empty and vulnerable for at least a 72 hour period.

Aargh OK

Nothing other than from a Liverpool supporters club saying they are delighted with the idea as it means another weekend when the first team squad are away meaning all their homes are empty and vulnerable for at least a 72 hour period.

In which case I'll withdraw my signature to ensure this happens. Wouldn't want to deprive scousers of carrying out their normal duties.

Aargh OK

clap2.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Clubs think its a good idea icon_eek.gif (or am I shocked)

SO looks like they will probably do it 317.gif300.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

W****kers

It breaks my heart, I feel as a life long season ticket holder I want to give it up, it is one step too far, but alas my sentiments fall of deaf ears because as some toff will snap up my ticket so why should the club give a sh*te !

I'll be more annoyed if it fails because no one will host the games, we as fans need something to force us into action against the Premier league and this is perfect, it seems to have got everyone so wound up.

Good shout Barn!! happy0034.gif

We should have been more pro-active and done something about kick off times.

Lots of other things as well!

This seems to have woken everybody up!

Apparently Sepp Blatter has announced that if the Premier League go ahead with this proposal that they are likely to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

To my way of thinking that's very possibly the most sensible statement ever to come out of the Blatter man's mouth.