Scotts Off

Chippy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

How the hell is he going to improve in the Championship?

Mark my words, instead of being a future Chelsea star, he's gonna end up like Mikael Forssell & Carlton Cole, playing his football for some tupenny halfpenny team. They were always put out on loan to lower league clubs, and never improved as a result.

How he can be put out on loan while Malouda is playing such sh*te football is an insult to Sinclair - this club is fast becoming a f*ckin' joke

Mark my words, instead of being a future Chelsea star, he's gonna end up like Mikael Forssell & Carlton Cole, playing his football for some tupenny halfpenny team. They were always put out on loan to lower league clubs, and never improved as a result.

How he can be put out on loan while Malouda is playing such sh*te football is an insult to Sinclair - this club is fast becoming a f*ckin' joke

Agree

I don't think he'll ever be considered good enough to be a regular for Chelsea. I wish he'd be given a chance in place of Malouda but this move is not good, he's had plenty of chances on loan to get experience, now it's time to make the step up. A lot of young players are put out on loan for experience but none more than a couple of times before they earn their chance in the first team. He'll come back and next season get a handfull of games with the first team then he'll be released to a lower league team.

He is still young so he might still break in to the team, but I'd guess that the club don't see him making it. If he couldn't get much playing time whilst the African contingent were away and others were injured then he never will.

I don't think it's so much a case that he "couldn't" get much much playing time, as "wouldn't" get much playing time. The way the team has been playing recently, common sense would normally prevail and one or two youngsters would be given a chance in the first team in an attempt to give the side a fresher approach.

But this is Chelsea - we don't trust our youngsters enough to play them, we'd rather continue to pick some older players who are playing like a bunch of old women and/or don't appear to give a f*ck.

I despair, I really do - why have we got a football academy??? No youngsters are ever going to get a chance in our first team all the while Abramovich is in charge of things - he'd much rather take a gamble by bringing second rate players in and hoping they adapt quickly w**k2.gif

But we're still in with a shout of the League this year and that's without playing any youngsters and with half our firs choice starting team out for one reason or another, why risk it all by suddenly adding the kids to the mix????

Devils advocate again!

But we're still in with a shout of the League this year and that's without playing any youngsters and with half our firs choice starting team out for one reason or another, why risk it all by suddenly adding the kids to the mix????

Devils advocate again!

bustingup.gif

Bloody hell, I like an optimist, Barn, but you beat the lot mate icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Devils advocate again!

I think this is spot on

Niether Barn (I'M Guessing) nor me feel we can win the league this term but with the CL and F.A Cup also a target (realistic or not) the team should be made up of the best players available

on form that may put Sinclair ahead of Malouda (although in the few showings hes had so far he has shown nothing more than potential)

but it Doesnt put him nearer a place in the team than Kalou, SWP and Joe, with Anelka and Drogba and the experience of Malouda that leaves it a few minutes here and there at best and splinters in his arse second best.

give the boy some action I say, and I dont mean send him on a pub crawl with AC icon_wink.gif

If at this moment Sinclair was good enough for PL club he'd be on loan to one of those. It's not like we're turning down Sunderland and Boro in favor of the Championship side.

I very much disagree with anyone who thinks this is a bad move.

Obviously a move to a Premership club would have been better - but I didn't think this could happen outside the transfer window.

I would love to see Scott given a chance as much as anyone else. But the reality is that we play with two wide forwards, and he is in direct competition with Joe Cole, SWP, Malouda, Kalou, and even Anelka if the CC final is anything to go by.

For us to have a successful tilt at the two cups, then we need to get these guys in to some kind of form, rather than worrying about blooding youngsters.

For Scott, it is about 100 time better for him to play regular Championship level football than reserve football, with the odd 5 minute appearance at the end of a Premiership match.

Unfortunately for any youth product wanting to break into our first team, they are going to have to prove themselves at every level - from the youth teams to the reserves through to lower division loans, then Premiership loans. Carlton Cole didn't do that. Forsell did that, but was unlucky with injury. Sinclair has passed every test asked of him so far, but he will need to keep passing these tests over the next 12 months or so.

The reality is that if we have one youth player who comes through every couple of years then we are doing pretty well.

The reality is that if we have one youth player who comes through every couple of years then we are doing pretty well.

I remember a quote from the club a few seasons ago when our facilites were upgraded and we were employing the best staff around that the aim was to have a youth player moving into the first team set up every season. I agree with you though, one every few season would be great.

If at this moment Sinclair was good enough for PL club he'd be on loan to one of those. It's not like we're turning down Sunderland and Boro in favor of the Championship side.

Bingo, and I should add, the act of the club putting him out on loan is NOT the club saying he isn't good enough for Chelsea. If they didn't think he was good enough to make it at Chelsea they would simply sell him or release him now.

Unless im wrong, you cant move on loan to a PL club outside of the transfer window, so he wouldnt be on loan to any of those!!

Secondly im with BB in every sence this is a joke, any one with eye's in there head can see that in the games he has played he has been a far better option than malouda and outwide SWP. how do his performances get rewarded, go to charlton lad!! JOKE!!

Wallcot is getting games for gooners and sinclare who is easily every bit as good if not better is being treated like this!!

This is why we'r a laughing stock and if you dont think we are you must have your head buried in the sand some where!!

im sorry barak, but your way off with that one. walcotts been derided by the press this season. hes not exactly flourished has he. we need to bring players like scott along slowly. hes still only a kid remember.

Bingo, and I should add, the act of the club putting him out on loan is NOT the club saying he isn't good enough for Chelsea. If they didn't think he was good enough to make it at Chelsea they would simply sell him or release him now.

I give you Carlton Cole and Forsell. How many times did they go on loan? Turned out they didn't have a future at he club afterall. Eventually, Sinclair will give up and go elsewhere for regular football. Whether he goes to a Premier League club or not, we will wait and see. No takers so far though.

I give you Carlton Cole and Forsell. How many times did they go on loan? Turned out they didn't have a future at he club afterall. Eventually, Sinclair will give up and go elsewhere for regular football. Whether he goes to a Premier League club or not, we will wait and see. No takers so far though.

Carlton Cole and Forsell in the end weren't good enough for Chelsea and we did the right thing by selling them. Most of us would agree that Forsell in particular had earnt more of an opportunity at Chelsea through his good form at Birmingham but I fail to see how Carlton Cole did or how Scott Sinclair or Ben Sahar have so far.

This is Chelsea, not Leyton Orient, a youngster has to earn his chance here not have chances handed to every player on a platter.

I should add that these players (Sinclair and Sahar) are very young, it may be another 3-5 years before we have any idea whether they will make it at Chelsea long term, why the impatience to blood them now?.