Rangers v Celtic 16th April

Loyalistblue

On wed i make my first trip to park head as we take on celtic in our bid to win the quad. Even though, we are in the last 4 of the UEFA cup, have already won the CIS cup, and look like our path to the Scottish cup is easy, the season will still be seen as a failure if we fail to win the league. It's all about the league. Securing number 52, and stoping what the tims claimed would be an easy 3 in a row. We are in the driving seat, 4 points clear, 2 games in hand... BUT we have 2 away games at Celtic park and our fixture list is jammed up. We will be playing at least 2 games every week till the end of the season, sometimes 3 and at worst it can be 4 in 8 days (if we get to both finals). Its really nerve racking stuff.

I live 4 hours from Glasgow now, and its hard going every week, hard on the wallet and even harder on the liver. It's going to be an interesting run-in in the SPL, and the 2 away games will really make the difference between success and massive failure for Walter's return season. The nerves are setting in for Wednesday, but soon it will be forgotten and we will be in Glasgow, 2-3 hours before the game to have an almighty piss-up, as every week. Wish us good luck, no surrender!.

Really none of you have any place to say that, you think you can censor peoples beliefs just because you dont share them, i havnt posted anything over the top, bigoted, sectarian, what ever you want to call that rubbish. Loyalist is not what people categorize it as, there is a huge difference between loyalist and bigoted/sectarian. I would expect more from blues fans, than to come away with that rubbish. I wont be back on here, good luck to the blues, hope they win the lot but you have really acted as i would expect mank fans to behave.

calm down mate, your more than welcome here. we just dont want anything of a political nature on here. others may not take too kindly to your views, and as you said your allowed to express them. but as this is a chelsea fc forum were really not interested in them.

hope you have not left mate, and I really will be watching the Rangers run in at the end of the season. Do you think that any of your games could be moved to ease up your fixtures, or are you merely becoming victims of your own success?

Either way, stick around and talk all things Blue!

Rangers and Chelsea are Magic!!!

I have moved this into non football as I think that is the direction it is going.

I know there are some who might think we should just knock this thread on the head as it runs the risk of turning into something unpleasant however I think if people argue their points rationally and without resorting to abuse then it is without doubt a point for discussion (lets face it, it is an issue that has been with us since the 17th century)

If it does turn into mindless bigotry then I will step in then.

No problem Loz.

First of all im not anti prosteant , never was , so this guy needs to grow up very quickly.

He mentions the term 'No Surrender' , ok , No surrender to who ? Catholics , Irish, terrorist groups ? the peoples front of Judea ? Who exactly ?

On wed i make my first trip to park head as we take on celtic in our bid to win the quad. Even though, we are in the last 4 of the UEFA cup, have already won the CIS cup, and look like our path to the Scottish cup is easy, the season will still be seen as a failure if we fail to win the league. It's all about the league. Securing number 52, and stoping what the tims claimed would be an easy 3 in a row. We are in the driving seat, 4 points clear, 2 games in hand... BUT we have 2 away games at Celtic park and our fixture list is jammed up. We will be playing at least 2 games every week till the end of the season, sometimes 3 and at worst it can be 4 in 8 days (if we get to both finals). Its really nerve racking stuff.

I live 4 hours from Glasgow now, and its hard going every week, hard on the wallet and even harder on the liver. It's going to be an interesting run-in in the SPL, and the 2 away games will really make the difference between success and massive failure for Walter's return season. The nerves are setting in for Wednesday, but soon it will be forgotten and we will be in Glasgow, 2-3 hours before the game to have an almighty piss-up, as every week. Wish us good luck, no surrender!.

Mate your more than welcome on here!!

I dont think he has written anything even slightly offensive.

Although some people can be very sensitive and love to get on their 'high horse'.

Many of us keep a very close eye on how things are going at Ibrox and wish the Gers all the best in Europe (as well as doing the septic).

Good luck,all the best!!

Rule Britannia!

Glory , no high horse here , i just think going down the political route with comments such as No Surrender is being a bigot and i always thought the members here were above that kind of garbage. I dont have a problem with peoples political views or religious beliefs but this guy is a secterian bigot .

I'd still like to know who No surrender refers to .

Might as well throw in my thoughts on the issue. Firstly I think people in general are to touchy about things particularly surrounding religion in football, my stance on calling tottenham fans that word that gets blocked on here is well known. I do have a soft spot for Rangers having been lucky enough to know some when I first started going to the Bridge but I don't have any time for the political hatred between them and celtic. From my point of view calling names is well and good if that's what you want to do but having "no surrender" at the end of each post is a bit more sinister, as Clubhappy says it's refering to one thing and one thing only. I've never understood why people insist on mixing politics with football? Talk about what you want on this site (taking over from the mods now), but do it like an adult.

exactly my thoughts on it barn. if you want to talk about bigotry etc, then im sure you could find plenty of web sites. it has no place on this forum, and i did find it unacceptable and distasteful.

I think there is a fundamental difference between 'God Save the Queen' which is a national anthem (and therefore also the one for the people who would advocate the 'No Surrender' stance) and a saying which has its roots in a seige where a Catholic King was ousted by a protestant (who is still seen to this day as a figurehead of the loyalist movement) and has, over time, been adopted as a motto for the Ulster loyalists movement.

For me it is no less associated with the atrocities we have seen North and South of the Irish border for many many decades then any IRA motto or slogan you could care to mention.

There is wrong on both sides and many innocent people have died at the hands of this wrong, be they catholic, protestant or AN Other.

I don't think someone like clubhappy (and a few others on here) who are born and bred in the country that bears witness to some heinous brutality can really be described as being too sensitive.

Where does the "Hail, Hail" and "Follow, Follow" come from? Is that a Catholic/Protestant thing too? Whenever a Old Firm supporter sends a message in to Talksport they always end with one or the other of those.

Hail Hail is a Celtic song that I don't think has any connection to religion and politics. It was adapted from a military marching song which went 'Hail Hail the gang's all here' which I think stems from America.

Follow Follow stems from an old hymn and there are two versions of it - the 'sociably acceptable one' which the club plays at the ground and was the original Rangers version of it and then the version which the fans have adapted to replace lyrics such as '"Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again" with "Dundee, Hamilton, f**k the Pope and the Vatican" and "Everywhere, anywhere" with "Up the Falls, Derry's Walls".

As far as I know 'Hail Hail' hasn't been changed in such a way (I could be wrong) but there are no shortage of other songs Celtic fans sing which could cause offence.

I live 4 hours from Glasgow now, and its hard going every week, hard on the wallet and even harder on the liver. It's going to be an interesting run-in in the SPL, and the 2 away games will really make the difference between success and massive failure for Walter's return season. The nerves are setting in for Wednesday, but soon it will be forgotten and we will be in Glasgow, 2-3 hours before the game to have an almighty piss-up, as every week.

Best of luck mate on Wednesday. I hope to hear all about it Thursday. Which boozers you drink in around the ground ? When i was up there for the pre season game i was amazed at how many there are there all fantastically decked out in blue with flags and memorabilia but most of all i couldnt believe hardly any of the boozers had windows!!

The Quad is on! And who knows Chelsea v The Bears in Monaco?! icon_lol.gif

chelseagersjc8.jpg

I got 2 PM's which convinced me to stay, much appreciated to those who sent them happy0034.gif

I will lay off loyalist stuff, but not for you and not for anyone will i stop saying no surrender. Its not directed to catholics, it can be directed to anyone in any walk of life and can mean anything. I have nothing against catholics, i am not being sectarian and i meant 'no surrender' to Celtic FC. I meant, rangers shall not surrender. Try to make it into what you like, i don't care, but i wont stop saying it.

Back on topic, i'm thinking we can do them maybe 1-0, or 2-1. It will really make Septic's chances of wining the league disappear before their eye's.

Also, some info i just read, rangers have been defeated only once on 2008, by Bremen, and we still went through past them. We have actually only lost once in the last 29 games, and have already played 55 games this season. Lets make that 29 30 COME ON THE GERS!!

Where does the "Hail, Hail" and "Follow, Follow" come from? Is that a Catholic/Protestant thing too? Whenever a Old Firm supporter sends a message in to Talksport they always end with one or the other of those.

Hail Hail is a Celtic song that I don't think has any connection to religion and politics. It was adapted from a military marching song which went 'Hail Hail the gang's all here' which I think stems from America.

Follow Follow stems from an old hymn and there are two versions of it - the 'sociably acceptable one' which the club plays at the ground and was the original Rangers version of it and then the version which the fans have adapted to replace lyrics such as '"Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again" with "Dundee, Hamilton, F*** the Pope and the Vatican" and "Everywhere, anywhere" with "Up the Falls, Derry's Walls".

As far as I know 'Hail Hail' hasn't been changed in such a way (I could be wrong) but there are no shortage of other songs Celtic fans sing which could cause offence.

Very true, though FTP has been replaced with 'Dundee, hamilton, aberdeen and back again'.

Hail hail hasn't been edited to be sectarian, but they do call us animals in it lol!!, mind you i dont consider that sectarian.

Celtic's main sectarian songs are 'F*ck the Queen and the UDA', and a host of pro IRA, and anti british songs.

While rangers is the 'billy boys' referring to 'fen*an blood' (no longer sung at matches), and a few others which include 'FTP'.

The mistake that is often made is people calling the sash, derry's walls, other loyalist songs sectarian, when infact, only add-ons that have been added are sectarian, these are usually removed now.

Some people consider rangers fans loyalist songs, and celtic fans republican songs sectarian, but really they are not. There are sectarian songs, but there is a difference.

Archived