vs Everton

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So what do you think about this game, will we come out with a point to prove because of the wigan game or will we just play the same old avram grant football style we are used too, it's going to be a very tough game since it's away and everton will be looking at this game thinking they can win.

Line Up:

------- Cech ---------

-Cole--JT--Ric--Beletti-

---------Mikel----------

----Ballack---Essien----

---------Cole----------

----Anelka--Sheva-----

I for one would love too try the 4-4-2 formattion our wingers aren't performing and anelka was all over the shop monday. The season i believe is over now for us with the way Man Utd are playing, just don't see them dropping points.

The reason lampard and drog's are not included in that team is simply because im not sure on the situation of lampard and i heared drogba has a slight injury(not too sure).

So what are your thoughts, is it time to try something new or shall we just go there and play like we've playing the past month or so with 1 upfront and try too grab 3 points.

Thanks

Sheva

I hope we go for it. Pride is not something we can buy.

To be honest, if we beat Everton, which I do not expect, we will be back to 4 points from the Wigan + Everton games, which is what I was expecting prior to the Wigan game. I don't think that would be a disaster.

We are only involved in two competitions as it is and I believe we have the squad to cope.

Cheers,

Butch

I guess you could still argue the Premiership isn't over yet, but when it is, i'd like to see di Santo be given a bit a run.

I'd have gone for it before the Wigan game but he decided to rest some players then and has vertually made this game meaningless(i know mathamatically we still have a chance).

I'd put the first 11 in cotton wool now until the Liverfool game, thats what Rafa will be doing against Fulham the weekend.

This is when Sinclair, Manciene and Di Santos should be looked at.

I know we're all excited about Di Santo, and rightly so, but seriously, I think we're getting a bit carried away expecting a young player who only arrived at the club in Jan to be put into the first team now...

If he gets a chance in pre-season to shw his mettle and passes the test, then by all means stick him in the squad, but as much as we all want to see youth products being given a chance, you can also damage/hinder their progress by playing them too soon.

I agree in a way Tim, but at the same time you can hinder somebody by halting their progress. End of season games are perfect for giving a young player a pressure free run out.

Maybe Everton away when we still have a very slight chance of the league is a little early,especially for Di Santos.

I do find it strange though that Sinclair has gone out on loan again though, especially when considering Malouda's form, can he be recalled?

I do find it strange though that Sinclair has gone out on loan again though, especially when considering Malouda's form, can he be recalled?

I wonder. Sinclair was not too bad against Huddersfield in the FA Cup and deserved another chance. But instead, he was loaned out and our dear Mr. Grant decided to play Anelka out of position on the Left Wing.

I believe he has started to think that the Left Wing is a position to play strikers and centre forwards.

Anyway, here's the team I'd go for (and I still don't expect Grant to try something even after the failure to get all 3 points against Wigan)...

-----------------------Cech-----------------------

--Belletti--------Alex---------Terry--------Bridge--

---------------Essien-----------Ballack------------

----------------------Lampard---------------------

--J Cole------------------------------------Kalou--

----------------------Drogba----------------------

Subs:

Hilario

Carvalho

Obi Mikel

Kalou

Anelka

I've gone for Bridge over A Cole as I liked the way he went forward in the last game and Alex over Carvalho as he performs well whenever he is given an oppurtunity.

Prediction:

Everton 1 Chelsea 2

(Chelsea to come from behind to win)

Prediction:

Everton 1 Chelsea 2

(Chelsea to come from behind to win)

Totally agree...Even in the last year under JM I think we played at our best when coming from 1:0 down. It seems that scoring first under AG is more scary! 4 out of the last 5 games have been like that!

Despite my prediction that Wigan would be an easy three point banker icon_rolleyes.gif I go for a relatively uninspiring win here probably 2-1.

Everton are not playing that well - and neither are we but this is really it for us, the players must know it is LAST CHANCE SALOON time, Wigan they got complacent and blew it well now there is no more wriggle room.

I have a feeling this time it will be 3 points in the bag and some small pressure back on Man Utd at the weekend. The win will in no way be down to Grant but due to the players simply realising they need to pull their fingers out.

I really would be shocked if we got beat here or even drew despite my faith in Grant's stewardship being on the floor.

Important we dont risk injuries for next Tuesday so it's dilemma time all round.

Im more into concentrating on the C.L. right now , we just cant lose to that scum again and get to the final and hopefully win the f**king thing so i feel the priority must be the semi finals.

I don't think we have to worry too much about the semi tomorrow to be honest. We have nearly a full week before that match. We should go out and try to win and then see what happens with Man U and Blackburn on Saturday. The bigger decision will come the following week when we decide what team to play Man U. If they win against Blackburn and we don't beat Everton then we may as well rest players in that match before the second leg of the Semi.

That knee injury has really ruined his season.

Not sure if Lampard will play.

Even missing those players I still think we will beat Everton.

For some reason when Grant has really been up against it the next game we win to temporarily call the hounds off.

I think Everton will be another similar case in point, he has to win this to keep pressure off him not just to keep pressure on Utd.

I understand the view that taken in isolation, the 1st semi at Anfield is (now) much more important than the game against the toffees and, in consequence, that it may be better to cotton wool certain players and give bench/juniors a go etc. However, I assume from what the Panda said (post Wigan) that he hasn't totally given up on the title and I expect that he's not so obtuse to at least entertain the idea that Rovers might be able to deny manure all 3 points on the weekend. If so, then the win at Goodison becomes imperative and the Panda won't want to face any retrospective criticism after the rovers/manure game (if indeed rovers do well at home) that we hadn't put close to a full strength side on the paddock against the toffees (and in circumstances where we don't win that game). Also, and given that we don't play this weekend and there will be 5 days between the toffee/filth games and notwithstanding that certain players will be tired from the intense fixture list in recent weeks etc, the game against the toffees will be an important hit out in respect to maintaining match fitness for several players. So I expect that the Panda can't afford to gamble with selection to much. Agree with Callista that we've now lost any wriggle room regarding selection for all of the remaining games - we just have to keep playing our best team (making allowances of course for the opposition in respect to each game). And if that means that someone gets injured against the toffees (and is therefore not available for selection agauinst the filth) and the Panda then gets stick for that (ie. playing out best team with the possibility of injury etc) then I for one would be sticking up for the Panda on that issue of team selection.

Well quite a few key Everton players seem to be out so I think we will be facing a weakened team who appear to be running out of gas fast, good news for Grant.

Frankly if the lads can't summon up the spirit to beat a weakened Everton side they don't deserve to have a chance of the title.

team announced

----------------SWP

--Anelka----Ballack---Kalou---Sheva

-----------------Pizzaro

--------Alex-----------------Carvalho

---Ferreria-----Ben Haim-----------Bridge

Grant - " I am a tactical genius. I have changed things around and have caught Everton by surprise. If we win, you will say I am great. If we lose you will say I made a bad decision. I have to live with this"

Yogic - signing off ... down 3 bottles of wine. Red.