The Official 'I dont think i can go to Moscow' thread

bjd

Sadly, hand on heart ive accepted its not going to happen.

I always promised myself i would be there wherever it was, but ive got to give in to it now.

It kills me, why couldnt it have been Paris or Barcelona ? I understand though that the Final has to be roatated and this year its Moscows turn. Fair dos.

Living like i do this year in Dublin it has made getting there even tricker (and more expensive), I can actually get some direct flights from Dublin but they are 1250 euros!) youve then got hotel, ticket, visa spending money (i hear it aint cheap) and of course bribe money! Last night i was looking at flights to Lithuania and then an 18 hour bus ride and started to wonder (i remember what it was like getting back from Stockholm) if its all worth it. Well of course it would be but i at this stage of the year i cannot justfy taking 4 days off work (im on a contract) and the grand and a half all in its looking at costing. I am gutted and feel like im a bad fan. Which hurts me so much.

So there you go. Anyone else in the same boat ? Im sure there must be.

At the risk of sounding arrogant im hoping this is not the last ever Champions League Final we will get to and so i hope its not a one off.

Anyway im flying to London and will be on the Fulham Road for the game (maybe Brogans) - next best thing i guess.

See you there maybe,

I'm stuck in Singapore & although I have a Russian visa and access to flights and probably tickets via my companies Moscow office, i just can't get the time away from home.

I haven't seen Chelsea play live since i moved here in 2004, so i've missed many our our greatest recent achievements and I had promised myself, after watching us win the league for the first time in 50 years, when i didn't get to a single match that season for the first time in 20 years, if we ever made a CL final, i would be there, no matter what & now i am more gutted about missing this game than any other.

The main reason I can't travel is that my wife is due to give birth to our second child around 15-20th May. Yesterday my wife asked me if I would really go to Moscow, if her sister would come to Singapore from England & take care of my wife and the new baby for a few days (i offered her sis a free ticket on my airmiles) but, i wouldn't leave unless the baby has be born & they are healthy and back home.

so... 'I dont think i can go to Moscow' 346.gif

i cant go

the wife said so

anyone know a good divorce lawyer ChElSea2.gif

with work and family comitments and a serious lack of funds, and a dirty long weekend booked in london for fa cup final weekend i cant go 346.gif

so i'll have the beers in, the family round and send as much pma to moscow as i can clap2.gif

It's a rotten situation, I can't justify that sort of money at the money at the moment, on top of that; dad is in Scotland for the game (I always watch the big games with me dad), My bro is in Florida (why these people book holidays for this time of year is beyond me), Best mate (and Chelsea season ticket holder - still) lives in Bermuda, other good mate that I watch games with is in bloody Centre Parks, the lads that I used to go with will be in Munich.

I'm on my Jack Jones but will be going up to the ground for the game. It would be good if a few of us could meet up for a few beers and to welcome the Champions League (the f*ckin' Champions League, people) to Chelsea.

Nope I too will not be going! 346.gif

Several reasons

1. I can't afford it

2. I'm a carer for my yummy wife & as she can't go due to health I ain't going without her

3. I haven't renewed my passport for 7 years

4. Season tickets are due ~

5. I've been to more away games this year than usual & again spent a fair few quid extra

6. I'm doing NUFC away for the 1st time & meeting up with Mrs Boulderbollocks & Little bollocks & will be making a day of it!

I will however be getting completely out of my nut on whatever I fancy on the day & I've started decorating the outside of the house already!

I will be applying for tickets though, so IF I get them there'll be 3 up for grabs (Highest bidders only folks!)

Well my dad has changed his mind, came into my room earlier and said 'f*ck it let's go' icon_lol.gif

We've booked 2 Thomas Cook packages including a £167 match ticket but it isn't confirmed as of yet, it will take 2 working days.

My dad may never ever see anything like this again and I think he deserves to experience it after watching Chelsea in the 70s and 80s. Even if we lose the experience would be memorable and I just hope Thomas Cook confirms it soon!

I'm still hanging on to the notion of going,but this is looking less likely by the day.

How come UEFA and the Russian authorities dont seem to have any pre-arrangements for this final??

F**king nothing seems to be sorted out!

I honestly dont know if I can justify spending over £1,000 on a one-day-trip.

And it would have to go on a credit card icon_sad.gif

The trains from Poland/Finland look too much of a stretch,I just couldn't get that amount of time off of work!

The season ticket renewal needs to be paid within the next couple of weeks (£650) and I have just paid a big chunk out for a holiday with my bird to Cancun (shouldn't have done that).

I'm still living in hope but if I dont make it,we'll be 'having it' big time in SW6 through the night.

I'm so proud that we made it!!

THE FAMOUS CHELSEA!

Sad to see that so many of us cant make the trip!

Good luck to you though Alan mate!

The trains from Poland/Finland look too much of a stretch,I just couldn't get that amount of time off of work!

I'm sure you mean Latvia and not Poland, right? I don't think it would make much sense to take the train from Poland to Moscow.

6. I'm doing NUFC away for the 1st time & meeting up with Mrs Boulderbollocks & Little b*****ks & will be making a day of it!

Be sure to tell them the Shed End still remembers Nick.

Same as so many others - time off work is very hard and money doubly so which equals something that's just not going to happen.

My consolation is that my brother who is between jobs and studies so has plenty of time is right now plotting a lengthy circuitous but very cheap route through Europe! Will let you know - I told him if it works he should write a book about it!

I wouldn't be surprised if the club do a live beam back to the Bridge allowing fans into the stands like they did for the cup final last season. If any of you can make that at least you can share the night with fellow Blues and if we come out victorious imagine the party that would take place on the Fulham Road!!

Not going, though I say that with a very heavy heart. Can't justify the expense, the hassle etc. Mates don't wanna go..

So I too am hoping for a beamback at the Bridge so can have a good piss up amongst fellow blues.

I was seriously considering flying into London to see the match either on beamback at the Bridge or in one of the pubs. Now it appears I have a training day for work on the Wednesday til 5pm icon_twisted.gif

Long live match chat!

Hello, I am from Moscow, my english is bad, will somebody come to Moscow

So your English is bad. Let me teach you some. Repeat after me "you can come and stay at my place for free and we will feed you and supply free vodka. I will say you are my brother so you don't need a visa to get into the country". I think you'll get a few takers for your offer of somebody going to Moscow then. icon_wink.gif

Welcome to the site by the way.

Archived