Spurs or Liverpool?

geezer

Just killing time waiting for the coach to take me back to the airport to come home from Majorca.

After a blistering start for the first three days we were plagued with the worst rainfall for ten years here over a four and a half day period during which I was so desperate I even took to talking to the scousers!!

During these conversations I found an interesting mix over who wanted CFC or ManU to win the final. It appears the traditional brigade want us to win whilst the newer and younger element clearly wanted the Mancs to win. This got me thinking on some of the recent threads on here as to whether there are more traditionlists amongst us or whether the new era has changed the mindset of our fans.

What better way to test this than to ask, if the final was between Spurs or Liverpool who would you prefer to win (ok I know you´d all want neither to win but let´s have some fun anyway)?

So, Spurs or Liverpool and why?

Wotcha Gary,

Although a little longer in the tooth than many here (not you, mind), I'm going to say Spurs.

Reasons:

1. The behaviour of LFC fans this past 5 years has been absolutely disgraceful

2. None of which matters as far as the media are concerned, mind. They are still 'the best fans in Europe'.

3. I've never been to WHL so have personally avoided all the horror stories that so many of my mates have endured

4. I will always look up the Spurs fans who respected MH's minute of silence with the utmost...

Mike

Sigh. Sometimes all your principles are put to the test, and this is one of those times... On principle I loathe both, but after some careful consideration, I think I would enjoy seeing Liverscum lose more than seeing Sp*rs lose.

As a traditionalist I would want Liverpool to win - after all the history we have with spurs BUUUTTT I am of the inclination to prefer Spurs as the North/South divide just keeps getting bigger and they are a London team (apparantly lol!!!)

Spurs.

I lost a lot of hate for that club in Oct 1996 after that game following Mattys Hardings death.

Their fans were superb that day. Would Liverpools have done the same ?

Im not so sure

Dont get me wrong i still hate Spurs but i will never forget that day.

Oh please come on what has happened to you lot.... I couldnt live if Spurs ever won it .. thankfully they never will. !!

Could you imagine, jesus !! at the moment I am getting "what have you won this season ?"

And the smug Poyet interview post match (damn cant find the W!@#$er smiley)

Liverpool I could handle above Spertz, all they are going to do is add another star to their kit and by the start of next season everyone would have forgot the final.

Geezer you are a twisted man !

Geezer you are a twisted man !

I know Andy but console yourself with the thought the Spurs v Scouse final will never happen whereas the Chelsea v Manc final is reality and the scousers are having to go through the torture of such a question every single day. Ain't life grand!! icon_lol.gif

can't choose, really I can't. I have hated spurs since day one, and didn't like Liverpool much either. However, Spurs have been less and less of a threat to us recently (until this season that is). Liverpool have always had the attitude that what they done in the 80's gives them the right to act like silly boys all over the place. The biase shown toward them by the press is sickening too. The majority of their fans are scum and the hollier than thou attitude, and constant pasing the buck....they just have surpassed Spurs in my hatred.

However, the thought of spurs winning a major european final is just unbearable.

Archived