What happens to Stevie Clarke now

lauren

If it's Clarke, then yes.

I'd love for him to stay, a real Chelsea man, but if he wants to try his hand at management I wouldn't stop him. It's the same situation as Carlo, just replacement management with first team football.

but new managers like to bring in there own backroom staff and assistants

But if we get an international manager, they might be very keen for Clarke to stay on - like what happened with Mourinho, who brought in all his own Portugese backroom staff, but kept Clarke.

Totally agree, he and Sparky would make a great team.

Short of us hiring Hughes, im just not sure Clarkie would want to stay. Too many new faces, too much upheaval

I just have a feeling we are not going to hire a manager with no euro experience. Okay, we hired Grant who had NO experience but I have a feeling we are not going to do that again.

Hughes/Clarke would make a great EPL manager duo but not sure about the CL experience. Of course Clarke is very experienced in CL but he would not be the head coach.

And we still got Henk in our ranks so don't know about Hughes. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him here. Always liked him as a player.

really hope he stays. Clarkey has been with us through thick and thin.

still, he'll have no probs finding another position and maybe be up for a new challenge.

whatever happens, a true blue clap2.gif

Been a loyal servant to the club he has.. gets on well with the players knows the game inside out and been at the very top of the tree at all levels in recent seasons.. I think his daily input with the squad would be massively missed by everyone if he were to go...

Hope he stays, but if he ends up moving on then I wish him the best of luck at another club and hope all goes well for him.....

Short of us hiring Hughes, im just not sure Clarkie would want to stay. Too many new faces, too much upheaval

I just have a feeling we are not going to hire a manager with no euro experience. Okay, we hired Grant who had NO experience but I have a feeling we are not going to do that again.

Hughes/Clarke would make a great EPL manager duo but not sure about the CL experience. Of course Clarke is very experienced in CL but he would not be the head coach.

And we still got Henk in our ranks so don't know about Hughes. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him here. Always liked him as a player.

For me, Evissy, quality is quality, and Euro experience, while nice, isnt seemingly a think the main candidates share. SGE has some, but he has been out of it for years. Other people, like Mancini, Scolari, or Hiddink have Euro success, but not all that much

I understand what you mean, that the club will take this into account, but I hope they realize that a good manager will hold his own despite the background

For me, Evissy, quality is quality, and Euro experience, while nice, isnt seemingly a think the main candidates share. SGE has some, but he has been out of it for years. Other people, like Mancini, Scolari, or Hiddink have Euro success, but not all that much

I understand what you mean, that the club will take this into account, but I hope they realize that a good manager will hold his own despite the background

Have to agree with that.

still, he'll have no probs finding another position and maybe be up for a new challenge.

whatever happens, a true blue clap2.gif

I don't know that he will walk into a job that easily.

He does lack a certain...charisma, which as we all know is an important requisite for any manager.

I hope he stays/is kept on, as he's Chelsea, and is a vital link to the players.

I think that he is an integral part of the team, and it was torture to sit and see him obviously upset at the way the club was operated last season. He is a true Blue, and any manager would be wise to keep him on. However, if a new manager coems in and wants their entire backroom staff chosen by them, I can't blame them for wanting that.

I really hope that Clarke stays, but until I see us kick off next season with Clarke as #2, I'll still wait anxiously until that day

Scott

A rare uncontroversial article from him. Nothing to argue with there. Great news about Clarke.

It looks logically as if it'll be either Hiddink or Scolari, unless neither of them wants it. If we seriously wanted Rijkaard or Mancini why wouldn't we have appointed them by now? And if we'd ever been after Hughes we'd have made a move and no doubt got him

Glad to see them wanting to retain his services... without him the place would be very different... he has been around the players at the club for some time now and helps gel it all together...

Question is how long do they intend to keep him on??? it almost sounds as if they need him just to help whoever the new Manager is to smooth over the initial move.. then what??? stay, or will they say thanks and let him go.. I hope any position they offer him will be permanent because the new Manager will probably want to bring in his own staff and where would Steve Clarke fit in with that scenario.....

A positive start to this article...and it remains positive about Steve Clarke and Chelsea until about 75% through it....

I for one hope Steve Clarke stays in any capacity at the club...he's a rare commodity in todays game...loyal to a club (apart from his stint with the Toon accepted.) clap2.gif

Then, why do journalists, have to bring up a scenario on who's leaving and where too, player 'x' is on less than player 'y' and is not happy and thinking of leaving 'cos JM is back in the game...who's in the last year of a deal, Average Grant's imminent replacement etc.. smack_head.gif

Let's just wait for an appointment of a new gaffer with Clarkey on board, and hope to make these journo's write something POSITIVE about Chelsea for once...

AvingYa.gif

Archived