Everything points towards a Spain win.

1. Pirlo and Gattuso suspended

2. Villa and Torres on form

3. Italian defence looks shaky without Cannavaro to organise them

4. Panucci likely to play in the centre of defence

5. Toni making John Fashanu look like a good striker

6. Ambrosini will probably start

Surely an Italian spanking to come?

Personally I don't think so - I have a sneaky feeling we may see Italy squeeze through on penalties.

heard John Gidman talking on talksport this morning and apparently Spain havent beaten Italy since 1920.Thats got to end sometime? Though the spanish are dreading penalties as apparently they have gone out of three competitions on June 22nd on pens.

Tedious yes but in fairness the Italians have got their tactics spot on. Biggest threat to Italians is the fact that they can't find a left back better than Grosso.

0-0 at full time and I think we can see why Italy have the 'luck' that England don't. Playing against two of the form strikers of the tournament with a make shift defence that includes full backs playing in the centre and they have defended superbly, so much so that Torres has been hooked. Even more shocking is that Camoranesi came off the bench and is doing well!

The art of playing for penalties perfected!!

0-0 at full time and I think we can see why Italy have the 'luck' that England don't. Playing against two of the form strikers of the tournament with a make shift defence that includes full backs playing in the centre and they have defended superbly, so much so that Torres has been hooked. Even more shocking is that Camoranesi came off the bench and is doing well!

If England defended with 10 players we might get some of that luck.

Italy are there for the taking with all their injuries and suspensions but Spain dont seem capable.

2 things ive noted so far

1- Toni is no more than a handsome Kevin Davies

2 - does the standard of premiership defenses make torres seem better than he actually is ?

poor game in the end, italy attacked poorly, perrotta seriously not suited to playing behind the strikers. spain deserved it for trying to force the game more, but will have to improve in the semis. disappointed that ramos didn't get forward more, with 8 central midfielders on the pitch the fullbacks didn't attack enough for either side. donadoni second to domenech in bi-annual "worst coach of the summer".

Depressing game. It has to be said that Italy deserved to lose more than Spain deserved to win. David Villa was disappointing - must be the news that Sp*rs are considering a £20 million bid that's getting to him. Can't blame him there. Torres was justifiably taken off, and the winning penalty was scored by you know who from La Arse. Like I said. Depressing.

Archived