Wow!

Gem

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful... Well no, in fact I look utterly horrid in these pictures. My hair is scraped back, I've no make up on, I've got my old hoody on and a lovely brown t-shirt on. However... nothing can wipe the smile off my face. Although the weather isn't great, me and my family decided to head down to Danson Fair for the afternoon for something to do, little did I know who was going to be there. I'll let the pictures do the talking:

choppergt6.png

thecatcs7.png

I also got a signed photograph from them both and although I told Chopper it was Gemma with a G, he signed it 'Jemma' - am I bothered? Am I 'eck! Makes it all the more special. Needless to say the pictures above and the signed one will be going straight into a frame and have pride of place on my wall.

My dad also got to shake both their hands. It was brilliant, I stood there trying to gather up the nerve to ask them for a photo, and my dad was doing the same wanting a hand shake. My dad's favourite all time player in Bonetti, never met him before and today he has finally fulfilled a life long dream. So much so that he was welling up as we were walking away, along with myself! Bonetti was more talkative than Harris, saying to my dad it's always nice to shake hands with a Chelsea fan, and that the new season will be interesting.

After I had my photo taken with The Cat, I told him it was an honour to meet such a legend and shook his hand, he told me it was very kind of me to say that and he never gets sick of hearing it.

After missing out on meeting Harris at the Glades a few Saturdays ago due to illness, this really made up for it.

So yes, I'm going to be on cloud nine for a while now, call me down for dinner.

Great that you got to meet them both Gem (or is that Jem?). I've had the pleasure of meeting them both a number of times down the years and never have they ever been too busy to spend time speaking to Chelsea fans. Legends the pair of them.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful... Well no, in fact I look utterly horrid in these pictures. My hair is scraped back, I've no make up on, I've got my old hoody on and a lovely brown t-shirt on. However... nothing can wipe the smile off my face. Although the weather isn't great, me and my family decided to head down to Danson Fair for the afternoon for something to do, little did I know who was going to be there. I'll let the pictures do the talking:

choppergt6.png

thecatcs7.png

I also got a signed photograph from them both and although I told Chopper it was Gemma with a G, he signed it 'Jemma' - am I bothered? Am I 'eck! Makes it all the more special. Needless to say the pictures above and the signed one will be going straight into a frame and have pride of place on my wall.

My dad also got to shake both their hands. It was brilliant, I stood there trying to gather up the nerve to ask them for a photo, and my dad was doing the same wanting a hand shake. My dad's favourite all time player in Bonetti, never met him before and today he has finally fulfilled a life long dream. So much so that he was welling up as we were walking away, along with myself! Bonetti was more talkative than Harris, saying to my dad it's always nice to shake hands with a Chelsea fan, and that the new season will be interesting.

After I had my photo taken with The Cat, I told him it was an honour to meet such a legend and shook his hand, he told me it was very kind of me to say that and he never gets sick of hearing it.

After missing out on meeting Harris at the Glades a few Saturdays ago due to illness, this really made up for it.

So yes, I'm going to be on cloud nine for a while now, call me down for dinner.

Brilliant! Don't think much of your new name though.

Gem sounds much nicer than down for dinner

Archived