Who Will Be Our Final Signing?

Sheva

Well Kenyon has come out numerous times that we will make one more signing, as days go on it's looking like we are not going to get Robinho. It just really depends on Ronaldo, so who do you think will be our final signing of the summer? will we sign another player?

Don't pick a player you want, pick a player that you think will be our final signing.

I would give mine but if Ronaldo stays at Man Utd, Real madrid won't sell Robinho so i really don't have a clue who we are looking at.

Your thoughts?

I know we still have a month left in the window but 17 days to the start of the league i'd like to get a the whole team sorted by then.

i was really hoping we would have aquired david villa by now, but i still have hope he wont go to the scousers or spuds. VDV seems over, but i would just say a striker is all im looking for us to sign.

I really don't think we are going for a striker, i believe we are after a winger. Drogba is not leaving by the looks of it, Anelka is staying so is Sheva and we have Di santo playing well in pre-season.

This signing is just going to come out of no where in my opinion, im not sure if it's going to be a big name but who knows, VDV will not since we signed Deco. David Villa interest has been played down latley since i believe he wants to stay at Valencia.

You just have look at the likes of people on the market at the moment, Arshavin, Eto'o, Quaresma...

If we don't get Robinho it is going to be interesting to see who we sign.

I still think Robinho is our main target and I actually think we will land him. If VDV goes to Real Madrid and Ronaldo doesn't they could still give up Robinho. VDV isn't exactly a winger but he plays really close to that left side.

There is still time to happen virtually anything and as we got the money we could still land Kaká or some other superstar. I think our last purchase will be a major one as there hasn't really been that big deals this summer. Keane's deal is the biggest and that really tells all about it.

When EURO finished, we were linked with every possible transfer-bound player in the world. Now, we are only down to Robinho. We should offload DD and use that money to finance Robinho transfer! I would be happy with that!

pick a player that you think will be our final signing.

will we sign another player?

I think we'll eventually get Robinho.

As for whether we'll sign another player that of course depends on injuries, if they become available etc.

Nonetheless we're back in a time zone where it's more easier to negotiate and a two week gap before the season starts, if we're going to hear anything it'll be fairly soon.

Hopefully.

When EURO finished, we were linked with every possible transfer-bound player in the world. Now, we are only down to Robinho. We should offload DD and use that money to finance Robinho transfer! I would be happy with that!

Why should we offload DD? We got the money to buy Robinho, remember who the owner is. If we'd offload DD who would score all the goals?

You should get over the CL final and the red card. We need Drogba as long as we don't buy someone who can replace him.

I think we should make an audacious swoop to prevent Tevez moving to the mancs on a permanent deal, just to put a bee in Fergusons bonnet more than anything...

but we've only really been linked with Robinho and Gollum confirmed we're after him so i presume if the cheque-book gets flashed again it will be on Robinho

What happened to the £100 million Roman promised Grant? Scolari has spent about 25 so i guess they're saving the last 50 or so. Orrr this is a clue that the last 75 will all be spent on 1 person--however unlikely. It appears Arshavin is headed to Tottenham so Robinho it is.

We should make 1, possibly 2, singings. Robinho definitely then someone like Villa, to support Drogba/Anelka upfront, the partnership with Drogs would work wonders I think, one's tall and powerful, the other is small and fast. Doesn't work so well with Anelka, but all the same, someone to partner either of them would be perfect.

Robinho & Villa please?

I agree with many here: David Villa would have been an excellent addition and Im pretty depressed that we didnt get him. When money is no object, especially for a real forward, the best time to strike is after the Euro he had.

Dont even get me started on VDV. We dropped the ball on a special player that couldve been had for next to nothing. When Frank is off next summer (or next week for all I know) we will regret not putting in a bid because we couldve easily snapped him up.

However, I think we will get Robinho at long last and enter next season with the oldest, whigniest strike force in the premiership. If the injury bug hits with Drogba, we are well and truly screwed unless Deco is the second coming of Franco

What happened to the £100 million Roman promised Grant?

Or, and it's just a thought here, that £100 million was a load of bollocks made up by the press so they can peddle their continuous, boring transfer links to fill up their papers during the summer while saps continue to lap it up?

Kenyon should really use this forum to see who the fans want. Seems like a lot want VDV, have we offered? Nope. Seems like a lot want David Villa, have we offered? Nope. It's getting on my nerves that we don't seem to be doing anything regarding the transfer market. Even Spurs are more active than us, I mean, come on! Chelsea, one of the richest and best clubs in the world, are only going for 1 more player, who now seems like he doesn't want to come to us? Players should be queuing up to join us, but are they? Nope.

Kenyon should really use this forum to see who the fans want. Seems like a lot want VDV, have we offered? Nope. Seems like a lot want David Villa, have we offered? Nope. It's getting on my nerves that we don't seem to be doing anything regarding the transfer market. Even Spurs are more active than us, I mean, come on! Chelsea, one of the richest and best clubs in the world, are only going for 1 more player, who now seems like he doesn't want to come to us? Players should be queuing up to join us, but are they? Nope.

Spurs are working from a base way below ours and therefore need a lot more players. Change for change sake is pointless.

Kenyon should pay attention to the players that one man wants and that man probably doesn't log on her too often (his loss)!!

i still think we'll go for either arshavin or pavlachenko (or possibly both)to satisfy romans need for russians in the squad

Well according to the geezer on the radio today Spurs are in advanced talks with Pavlyuchenko and are also keen on Arshavin.

Well according to the geezer on the radio today Spurs are in advanced talks with Pavlyuchenko and are also keen on Arshavin.

Not sure about Pavluchenko, but Arshavin might work as a winger for us - he's played that position for Zenit quite often.

We'd need to send SWP packing though.

I'd like to see a left-sided winger. If Kalou makes the transition to forward like we all expect him to this season, we'll need another young winger.

Wow i really like the look of him but i doubt well even look at him

and he is also what were looking for a left midfielder seeing as Malouda did not seem strong enough for the prem.

although he has been pretty decent in pre season so far although my bets are on robinho. which would be very interesting to see how robinho would adapt to the fast paced premier league

Wow i really like the look of him but i doubt well even look at him

and he is also what were looking for a left midfielder seeing as Malouda did not seem strong enough for the prem.

although he has been pretty decent in pre season so far although my bets are on robinho. which would be very interesting to see how robinho would adapt to the fast paced premier league

It doesn't look good on the Robinho front, I'm afraid...Calderon has said they arn't selling him. Shame really, would've loved to see him at the Bridge :lol:

Not sure about Pavluchenko, but Arshavin might work as a winger for us - he's played that position for Zenit quite often.

We'd need to send SWP packing though.

If we wanted to sign a Russian player who can play on the left, I'd rather see us sign Zhirkov. Plays on the left as either a leftback or a left winger...Hiddink played him as a leftback, but he's normally played as a winger. Plenty of skill and good in one-on-one situations...AND knows how to defend a bit as well. Why not pick him up while Kenyon and the gang are in Moscow anyway... :lol:

Archived