Grant better than Scolari?

The Brit
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

what an outrageous thought but even Avram 'scratching my head cos i don't know what i'm doing' Grant got 7 pts at home against the big four and never lost at sb...scolari's record is looking pretty sad with a measly point v man u. if fans turned on grant, how long has scolari got? (not that i'm advocating that by the way)

what an outrageous thought but even Avram 'scratching my head cos i don't know what i'm doing' Grant got 7 pts at home against the big four and never lost at sb...scolari's record is looking pretty sad with a measly point v man u. if fans turned on grant, how long has scolari got? (not that i'm advocating that by the way)

I Can't give an opinion as I haven't seen enough of Phil, I know one thing though...If from now on Scolari gets as many points as Avram did, we'll be ok. :D

I'm neither lobbying for Grant nor for Scolari, though my sympathies for Scolari are ... low to non-existent at the moment. If I talk about Avram I cannot free myself from my own impression that for that he's been laughed and mobbed all the time he's done quite well. As I've never thought it could be him leading us to the final in Moscow - he deserves merit. Scolari on the other side is of some other pedigree. Maybe I have expected too much of him, I can't say, but I've been, as so far, heavily disappointed by him so far. Or maybe I have the wrong preferences. I'm one of those who doesn't care about speed, system, Samba and beauty as long as we keep winning, as long as we keep the Bridge as our fortress. So it's clear I'm one of those having been disappointed; those who see the holy grail in beauty, he might have found the pot of gold in Scolari, or I'm just utterly unfair to him.

Ans: not long, because the goalposts have moved. Scolari is now too often being judged by the same mind that thinks we have a god given right to waltz to the title because we did a few years ago.

Its not the case. We havent won it in two years, and yet a third of the way into the season, we are top of the league (for today) even though we have hit the roughest patch of form I can remember for many years. Nothing is a given, but I think people took Scolari's arrival, added a brilliant start, and expected to waltz to the title by Xmas

Our sh*t form against the top teams is a worry. Our record was bound to fall at SB but our home form is crap. All these things I accept. But we are still on top and until matchday 38 is over, I am not going to say LFS is not the right man for the job. Because when we crush sides by five goals and concede 6 goals after fifteen matches, my inclination is to say that he is the man.

grant better than scolari?

As things stand just now, there is nothing in it. Grant was never going to win many fans because of the man he replaced. Scolari had an easy entrance than Avram. Avram had no CV, Scolari does. Avram took us to Champions League final, Scolari.. watch this space!

Don't blame Scolari, blame our attacking options for being so poor. Try managing a team with Malouda, Kalou and Anelka all upfront.

Didn't AG manage the same team just without Bosingwa and Deco? OK he had Maka, a fit Drogba and a in-form Ballack. He even signed Anelka.

Anelka for me has passed it, he maybe the top goal scorer in the league at the moment but only because he can slot it past weaker teams. He was useless today, useless last season whenever Anelka has got his goals the team has played well. He is not the type of player that can change a game in an instant. He was no where today, no where against Man Utd and Liverpool. Anelka is one of those players that plays well in a lower team.

Kalou just looks lost most of the time, i feel he has never found his right position at the Club.

Malouda.... oh don't get me started.

I believe the rest of our team is great oh well i have a love hate relationship with Drogba, let's just imagine if you replace the 3 above with the likes of well Aguero/Benzema/Huntelaar, Arshavin all potential transfer targets which i very much doubt we will get those people, they have the creative ability, the goal poaching skills to take us to a league title. Ever since we got rid of Robben and Duff we've had a poor front line, Drogba has had one good season that's all.

To win the league we need a guy who can score against the big teams for e.g Fernando Torres. I'll eat my hat if Anelka gets top goal scorer for the season.

Grant??? he has nothing at all to do with it.

It was Ten Cate and Steve Clarke that saw us through last season, nothing to do with Grant.

The only chance Scolari has to stay with Chelsea right now is for him to get in a decent no. 2 straight away. Branca and Wilkins are nowhere near the answer!

Didn't AG manage the same team just without Bosingwa and Deco? OK he had Maka, a fit Drogba and a in-form Ballack. He even signed Anelka.

Anelka was a bench warmer who had a good season at Bolton, we should of gone for Berbatov as he can make something out of nothing. Our players are not performing to what they should and to the amount they get with thier wages that is a fact. They get paid a crap load of money to give the fans a trophy and a club a reputation and they are not doing that.

Edited by Sheva

Anelka was a bench warmer who had a good season at Bolton, we should of gone for Berbatov as he can make something out of nothing. Our players are not performing to what they should and the to the amount they get with thier wages that is a fact. They get paid a crap load of money to give the fans a trophy and a club a reputation and they are not doing that.

To the second point: yes, I agree. When compared to the finale stages of last season where our team has fought to force the win against ManU at Stamford Bridge it seems the team has lost spirit and creativity.

For Berbatov: Ramos was a cunning man that he demanded a record fee Kenyon was reluctant to pay

It's a bit premature to do this comparison. However I do give credit to Grant for what he has achieved. Remember, he has no preseason, there was a month of ANC which took away at least 3-4 players. He had the same Malouda and Kalou like Scolari, and never had a good right back. His injury problem was greater than Scolari. It's Scolari's own fault for our strikers shortage, he could have kept Pizarro, who has scored some goals this season.

If Clarke and Ten Cate should get all the credit for Grant, how about we sack Scolari's assistants to f** us up?

It's a bit premature to do this comparison. However I do give credit to Grant for what he has achieved. Remember, he has no preseason, there was a month of ANC which took away at least 3-4 players. He had the same Malouda and Kalou like Scolari, and never had a good right back. His injury problem was greater than Scolari. It's Scolari's own fault for our strikers shortage, he could have kept Pizarro, who has scored some goals this season.

If Clarke and Ten Cate should get all the credit for Grant, how about we sack Scolari's assistants to f** us up?

I like the cut of your Jib sir

Basically yeah what you said, although Ferreira is a pretty good RB.

Not just Pizarro but also Shevchenko. Now I know Pizarro and Sheva didn't set the world alight but I till can't understand letting both of them go until a replacement was in place.

Agreed

I would have liked Scolari to have had a good look at Sheva before he let him go, maybe he did but I also think SWP was a better option than Kalou and Malouda on most days.

all I can think (and all I can hope) is Scolari was promised he would get his man and therefore let them go, if that was the case I give him a bit of credit for not mouthing off about it.

To the second point: yes, I agree. When compared to the finale stages of last season where our team has fought to force the win against ManU at Stamford Bridge it seems the team has lost spirit and creativity.

For Berbatov: Ramos was a cunning man that he demanded a record fee Kenyon was reluctant to pay

And now he plays for Man Utd who are looking better every game they play now with the Rooney, Ronaldo and Berba playing great together apart from some wierd antics from Ronaldo.

The fact is that Man Utd pipped us to the title last season because they have better players upfront than us and they have even better than they did last season now, so who did we buy? Nobody. Don't blame Scolari for not having a Plan B, blame Man City for putting an even bigger bid in than us, Kenyon and Co thought it was a done deal if it wasen't for Roman Calderon being an idiot.

Chelsea are a world class team without worldclass forwards.

Just look at the top teams in the world right now.

Barcelona - Fantastic team, they have Messi/Eto'o/Henry/Bojan coming through.

Inter - Really good strong team, they have Zlatan/Mancini and the likes of Balotelli coming through.

Milan - Very poor against pompey but still performing well in the league, ageing team yes but Ronaldinho/Pato/Kaka/Inzaghi

Juve - Strong team, Del Piero is in the form of his life.

Bayern - Toni/Klose/Ribery and a great team.

Liverpool - Torres, i hate liverpool but i've always followed this guy and he's fantastic.

Chelsea are placed in the same comparison as those teams, top of there leagues don't give me the rubbish that oh but Prem is a harder league than Serie A, i believe it is yes but that's from a players point of view, we were outplayed by Roma and the likes of Juve would beat us right now.

What all those teams have are great forwards, great creativity. I would compare us to Real Madrid right now, frightening line up but not a strong forward line and they are investing in a new striker in Jan.

We have the best team in the world when looking at the defense/midfield and keeper but the forward line just drops us right down back to earth.

One thing i feel Scolari should do different is, when we are 3 - 0 up or more against a team we should bring the youngsters on like Arsenal, like Man Utd and also Liverpool. By doing that you discover your own Messi, Rooney. Give a player like Franco Di Santo with his ability a couple of games will boost his confidence and lead him to become a great striker. Youngsters thrive on confidence and if they are not getting played they wont get any at all.

Edited by Sheva

Sack Scolari..

Chelsea never lost twice in a season since 2004 at home.

Chelsea has never lost at home to Arsenal since Mourinho's arrival.

Chelsea could not beat any of the big 4 since Scolari's appointment.

Scolari's performance is pathetic - 1-3 to Roma, 0-1 to Liverpool at home, 1-2 to Arsenal, 0-0 to lowly Cluj, 1-1 to Bordeaux.

Damn it... what's Malouda & kalou doing in a team like Chelsea?

I have started the anti-Phil revolution !

And now he plays for Man Utd who are looking better every game they play now with the Rooney, Ronaldo and Berba playing great together apart from some wierd antics from Ronaldo.

The fact is that Man Utd pipped us to the title last season because they have better players upfront than us and they have even better than they did last season now, so who did we buy? Nobody. Don't blame Scolari for not having a Plan B, blame Man City for putting an even bigger bid in than us, Kenyon and Co thought it was a done deal if it wasen't for Roman Calderon being an idiot.

Chelsea are a world class team without worldclass forwards.

<< That's what I HAVE BEEN HARPING ALL ALONG! THANK YOU !

Just look at the top teams in the world right now.

Barcelona - Fantastic team, they have Messi/Eto'o/Henry/Bojan coming through.

Inter - Really good strong team, they have Zlatan/Mancini and the likes of Balotelli coming through.

Milan - Very poor against pompey but still performing well in the league, ageing team yes but Ronaldinho/Pato/Kaka/Inzaghi

Juve - Strong team, Del Piero is in the form of his life.

Bayern - Toni/Klose/Ribery and a great team.

Liverpool - Torres, i hate liverpool but i've always followed this guy and he's fantastic.

Chelsea are placed in the same comparison as those teams, top of there leagues don't give me the rubbish that oh but Prem is a harder league than Serie A, i believe it is yes but that's from a players point of view, we were outplayed by Roma and the likes of Juve would beat us right now.

What all those teams have are great forwards, great creativity. I would compare us to Real Madrid right now, frightening line up but not a strong forward line and they are investing in a new striker in Jan.

We have the best team in the world when looking at the defense/midfield and keeper but the forward line just drops us right down back to earth.

One thing i feel Scolari should do different is, when we are 3 - 0 up or more against a team we should bring the youngsters on like Arsenal, like Man Utd and also Liverpool. By doing that you discover your own Messi, Rooney. Give a player like Franco Di Santo with his ability a couple of games will boost his confidence and lead him to become a great striker. Youngsters thrive on confidence and if they are not getting played they wont get any at all.

One more thing... I will tell you how to win..

Keep the defensive shape, there's nothing wrong once Carvalho is back. Ivanovic has impressed me with his work rate.

I prefer a fit Essien to Mikel. Our obi lad is a promise for the future, but I think he is not A grade. While his distribution is decent, I have never seen him taking on a player or two. Plus, he is quite weak defensively.

We need to swap out Kalou & Malouda during the transfer window. Even Riera could decently take on 1 or 2 players on the wing when he runs. With Kalou or Malouda, we are always going to lose the ball.

We need to a fit Drogba. Maybe we should have some fund for Luis Fabiano. We just need another world class forward.

Anelka is also not A grade, but his pace & sharpness can be enhanced playing alongside another striker.

So we should just still to 4-2-2-2

Cech; Bosingwa, bridge, Terry, Ivanovic (for now) ; Lampard, Deco,new signing, Joe Cole ; anelka, Drogba.

So please, go ahead, sell Malouda / Kalou and make my day

Right now I am dissapointed at Scolari. Very Very dissapointed. Right now the only way we got were we are now is becuase Abramovich sacked Jose, The greatest manager we ever had. And all these players sitting on the sideline should go and **** off. Drogba is my most hated player And I support chelsea! Malouda and Kalou arent Chelsea players. People have been saying Kalou is improving. But sorry, when is that going tostart. Never! Let him go back to a crappy club were he belongs. And malouda tries hard but still isint good enough.

Right now I am dissapointed at Scolari. Very Very dissapointed. Right now the only way we got were we are now is becuase Abramovich sacked Jose, The greatest manager we ever had. And all these players sitting on the sideline should go and **** off. Drogba is my most hated player And I support chelsea! Malouda and Kalou arent Chelsea players. People have been saying Kalou is improving. But sorry, when is that going tostart. Never! Let him go back to a crappy club were he belongs. And malouda tries hard but still isint good enough.

How cr*ppy are the players in ManU or Arsenal as we lead the league with our sh*tty players?