Scolari bites back with a wimper.......

geezer

Scolari willing to blame other people for his sacking rather than his own style of management. Seems Guus didn't have the same problems Luis so maybe you need to take a look at yourself before pointing the finger at others. You're a manager - so manage.

Former Chelsea manager Luis Felipe Scolari has stated that Michael Ballack, Didier Drogba and Petr Cech were the main reasons he was sacked last season.

The Brazilian coach spent eight months at Stamford Bridge before being sacked by owner Roman Abramovich, and he has stated that the Blues players are too powerful.

The Blues began the season well under the former Brazil coach, but the team lost ground in the title race and Scolari was replaced by Guus Hiddink on a temporary basis.

Now though, Scolari has gone public and said that Cech, Drogba and Ballack were instrumental in his failure, as they refused to adhere to his training methods.

Speaking to Brazilian newspaper O Globo, Scolari said, "The real owners of football at the moment are the players. The coach, in most European clubs, has no strength to contradict them.

"The people sacked are always the coaches. The main players already know this.

"That was my problem at Chelsea. Drogba, Ballack and Cech did not accept my training methods or my demands."

Meanwhile, the former Portugal coach has praised Brazil international Kaka for showing a calm head during his big money move to Real Madrid.

The former AC Milan star moved to the Santiago Bernabeu earlier this summer for a fee of £56 million, and Scolari feels the player has shown that he is a true professional, believing he will become good friends with Cristiano Ronaldo, who will finalise his move to Madrid on July 1.

"Kaka is a strange player, because of what he does, both on and off the field," Scolari commented.

"That guy is a strange jewel. Despite having gained big fame and money, he keeps doing his best on the pitch like a youngster.

"I am sure Cristiano Ronaldo and he will get on very well with each other. Cristiano has nothing to do with the conceited image everybody has of him. I think both of them will be big friends"

"Real Madrid's problem is Raul. He is already a veteran and he still is in charge of the dressing room."

Scolari is now reportedly managing in Uzbekistan with FC Bunyodkor, where former Brazil legend Rivaldo plays his football.

"That was my problem at Chelsea. Drogba, Ballack and Cech did not accept my training methods or my demands."

At the time I was very much pissed off that the players in question didnt straighten up and fly right, or make the best of a bad situation. But looking back, maybe they didnt accept his training methods because they were hopelessly archaic

As you say, Geezer, Hiddink (see: manager with extensive experience in European football) didnt have any problems and was beloved by everyone (bar Deco).

Dont be petulant Felipe, just accept what happened with your usual humility

At the time I was very much pissed off that the players in question didnt straighten up and fly right, or make the best of a bad situation. But looking back, maybe they didnt accept his training methods because they were hopelessly archaic

As you say, Geezer, Hiddink (see: manager with extensive experience in European football) didnt have any problems and was beloved by everyone (bar Deco).

Dont be petulant Felipe, just accept what happened with your usual humility

Couldn't have put it better myself. He is not a bad guy, but his pedigree is not enough for Chelsea. If he couldn't manage his own players, we didn't need him and he was better off leaving.

Now please have the decency to shut up and get on with your life.

I had some respect for Scolari when he came because he had done some good things with some national teams. But since he came to Chelsea my respect have quickly evaporated. Not only did he turn Chelsea to sh*t (well almost anyway), he brought in players who did very little or f*ck all (Mineiro?). When he got sacked I thought it was all over, no more Scolari. But since he went it seem to me that he's been in the papers week in and week out talking s*it about Chelsea. Just keep moaning and whining all the time. And not once have I heard him say that he is partly to blame. Not once. It's always "Roman", "Drogba" etc.

I just wish he would f*ck off and keep his mouth shut.

Also, it seems like no big team wants him now and serves him right.

And as for his last whining about some players not accepting his "training methods". Well here's a newsflash, Scolari: USE BETTER TRAINING METHODS!

When Hiddink took over the first thing he had to do was fix the training because it was far below the standards big teams should have.

In other words Scolari told the players to do as he says but the players knew his ways were wrong. No wonder some didn't obey him.

Just goes to show either how naive or out of depth Scolari really was. To trot out the timeworn and rather hackneyed "player power" scenario and player coup d'etat theme as the reason for his downfall & to be effecting surprise and/or concern that this state of affairs exists or, by implication, is allowed to exist in the first place in circumstances where he was coming to Chelsea for godsakes and post Mourinho & Grant. What did he expect - untold years at the helm like Wenger! And to suggest that some of the players didn't ever accept his training methods or demands. That's not true. They certainly did for the first three to four months & as apparently instructed by Scolari and even had a go at zonal defence. No mention of this by Scolari of course - he makes it sound as if Cech, Drogs & the Tank never accepted his training methods/approach from Day 1.

No Scolari they gave you a good shot but pretty soon realized that you were not the business. And it would seem that your name has rarely if ever come up regarding new management in Europe over the last 3 to 4 months. What does that silence spell? Uzbekistan.

I've gotta say - if anything of what Big Phil says might be remotely true, it is the thing about Drogba - he was pretty much sh*t all the time Scolari was at the helm. Now whether that's because he was recovering from injury- we don't know, but knowing our big man it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't pull his weight at times to prove a point.

the reason scolari got the sack was cos he was sh*t...one of the worst managers we've had in the modern era...I don't condone how much power the players seem to have these days, but in this case, if the trio involved played any part in his rapid depature, then they did Chelsea a big favour...there is no way we would have won the FA cup, got to within four penalty appeals of the champs league final and secured champs league qualification if grandad had stayed at the helm...the fact he's now coaching in such a muppet league now syas a lot about how he is viewed elsewhere

I've gotta say - if anything of what Big Phil says might be remotely true, it is the thing about Drogba - he was pretty much sh*t all the time Scolari was at the helm. Now whether that's because he was recovering from injury- we don't know, but knowing our big man it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't pull his weight at times to prove a point.

your possibly right, but i bet this isnt the first time players at a club have caused problems for a manager. the better ones know how to deal with it and will get the player either back on side or get rid. it just prvoes to me that scolari couldnt handle the egos at the club, yet hiddink could.

He would'nt even allow Cech to work with his own goalkeeping coach, or to watch videos of the opposition. Obviously the game has moved on since Phill managed at club level and while at International level basic things like player fitness are'nt really an issue for the manager because they are taken care of by their clubs.

Obviously at club level this is'nt the case. You can't just say to the players, especially ones used to attention to detail in every aspect of their lives from training, pre-match preperation and the opposition to 'do a few laps of the pitch and then we'll have a kick about lads, oh and by the way its Hull away the weekend' and expect them to be happy about it.

Whether things could have been handled differently i dont know but Scolari seemed like a stuborn man, you only have to look at his refusal to change formations to see that.

I would have believed it if he had stopped at ballack . But Cech ? Maybe Cech got invovled with the zonal marking v man marking stuff . Thats all i can think about the goalie getting invovled with . What else did he want him to do ? Excercise differently ?

The thing is, if his remarks are true, then surley this makes him a weak manager. Can you imagine Jose or even Fergie putting up with that attitude? and continue to play them?

Good point, Drogba was injured for most of Scolari's reign but Ballack and Cech were picked everyweek. I thought Big Phill took no nonsense. :ShaKe:

While i think there is some truth to this, there are 'big name' players at Chelsea with too big a say...I think Scolari was shown as the wimp he was. And relaying this info from his footballing stronghold in Uzbekistan (or where-ever) does not put him in a strong light.

Even Avram could get a better job (bless).

• 2 months later...
Good point, Drogba was injured for most of Scolari's reign but Ballack and Cech were picked everyweek. I thought Big Phill took no nonsense. :rolleyes:

Phil needs to grow a pair if he ever expects to enter the top flight again.

Was it changing room politics Phil? Nah. The Premier League is arguably the toughest in the world and the players (generally) don't mess about. If they get a coach who doesn't pull his weight, of course they are going to challenge.

It is not a school yard, Phil and you're not a teacher. These are professionals, and you lost their respect. End of story.

P.S: Loved the vid Maksimov.

Archived