We're signing Matej Delac?

The Moos

Saw this rumour on a swedish site and searched on google and ended up with quite a few sites about this.

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=3099

Chelsea sign Matej Delac; 17-year-old keeper will not arrive until 2011

/ Transfer news

13/09/2009

Chelsea have not let the Gael Kakuta affair stop them from signing highly-rated youngsters from all parts of Europe. The Premier League pace setters have agreed a deal for highly-rated young Croatian keeper Matej Delac, according to reports in Croatia.

The 17-year-old Inter Zapresic goalkeeper underwent a medical at Stamford Bridge on Friday and the two clubs have reportedly agreed a three million euro fee.

Frank Arnesen and his team of scouts have been tracking Delac since last season when he broke into the Inter Zapresic first team.

Due to the ban on all incoming transfers into Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have agreed to loan back Delac to Inter Zapresic until January 2011. Although, this could change if Chelsea win an appeal against the FIFA ruling.

Delac was the youngest player to appear in the top division of Croatian football and has represented the national team at Under-16, Under-17 and Under-19 levels.

IMScouting named Matej Delac a Player to Watch in May, a scouting report, including video evidence, can be seen here.

One thing I don't understand is how we can sign someone and send him out on loan, when we're not allowed to sign anyone because of the ban. Or is this allowed?

Saw this rumour on a swedish site and searched on google and ended up with quite a few sites about this.

One thing I don't understand is how we can sign someone and send him out on loan, when we're not allowed to sign anyone because of the ban. Or is this allowed?

were allowed to sign anyone we like, we just cant register them. i presume he will either go out on loan or stay at his club but will be our player.

The way Atletico have started the season, I wont be surprised if they are well adrift of the Champions League places and also out of this year's CL come the Jan transfer window. That would certainly make Atletico and Aguero think about the future.

Have we officially appealed the ban? If so then untill the appeal hearing we are not officially banned(innocent untill proven guilty) that is why any appeal hearing would have to be heared before the Jan transfer window otherwise we could delay the hearing untill Feb and sign who we wanted in Jan.

Not sure how this deal could be done until Jan the earliest anyway, ban or no ban?

There's nothing official yet, but there's a few reports coming out that the deal is done and we'll pay between £2-3m for him and according to some reports we are even going to pay for every game he plays with his current team - to which he will go on loan until we are free to sign players again.

Found this in the Irish Encyclopedia called Wick O'Pedia

Since UEFA had given Chelsea a transfer ban on 3 September 2009, DelaÄ is reportedly likely to sign a pre-contract which would let him stay at ZapreÅ¡ić until January 2011 before joining Chelsea, in a deal worth around 3 million euros.

I read today morning that the player's club announced the news on their website. They will keep the player until 2011 and his wages will be paid by us. Whenever he gets time, he'll join up with our boys in training. So its done and dusted.

Sorry can't provide the link but you can look up in some news site.

I read today morning that the player's club announced the news on their website. They will keep the player until 2011 and his wages will be paid by us. Whenever he gets time, he'll join up with our boys in training. So its done and dusted.

Sorry can't provide the link but you can look up in some news site.

I read the same thing so this seem like a done deal. It hasn't been confirmed on Chelseafc.com yet, but on the other hand they usually don't post big news about us signing someone for the youth team. This would be a good time to start though. A nice way to stick two fingers in the air to FIFA :mouthzipped:

I do wonder if there's a degree of politics here. The was apparently going to go bankrupt without this deal going through. If the payment is tied to the end of the transfer ban, its a great way to get another team on side.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not realize that Qaz stiil posted here. Welcome back, assuming that you have been gone for a while.

Also, given our transfer ban, I was tired of seeing the same thread on the main page, so I figured that I would post just to change things up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon there's an agreement to sign him but seeing as it's not in the transfer window we should be OK!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the ban is lifted, will he arrive in January itself? Or did we agree some different kind of a deal with his club.

Also, if we could agree a deal with him when we weren't allowed to register new players, why can't we tie up the likes of Aguero and Dzagoev for the future?

Archived