Ballack signing with Inter?

Barry Bridges
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I for now would be very sceptical about that rumour. Without Jose openly saying in any report about Ballack and with Ballack appearing on new shirt promotions, could it just be more media rumours.

THe shirt modelling may not be a definite sign that he'll be here next season. There have been such cases in the past where players have been used to model shirts and then transferred to other clubs (can't remember any examples though- damn!).

Lack of news on the Inter side is more telling, so it really could all be just a rumour.

Didn't Wright-Phillips appear in promotions, then go soon after. I think it was him. I know it's no definite sign, but think Chelsea may have thought about it before within days of this rumour.

That too is unlikely. The captain of the nation also home to one of the biggest sports brands in the world cannot use any other boot, really. I think Ballack was just convenient. German captain, high profile player with bags of talent, he's been used by Chelsea for promotional material since he joined us.

I think Milito uses Adidias, as does Cambiasso for Inter.

Ballack will be the poster boy for our Adidas strips with him being an Adidas player, and coming from the German national team

Also, We've had sweepy, and I'm pretty sure Sheva pose in new tops to be sold on the next season.

Scott

Another player who it is widely rumoured will leave is Riccy and I've seen him in the promo's for the new shirts same as he was last year, when he may have been actually angling for a move.

On the whole Adidas thing, Ballack moving into the Nike camp would be good for them. It gives them exposure in a Nike market, without having to pay for the clubs shirt sponsorship. A big deal was made when Ronaldo signed his new Nike deal about it partly being to do with the fact that he'd be giving them high profile coverage at Real Madrid who are obviously sponsored by Adidas.

After the fuss Jose made about having Ballack and Sheva forced upon him, could there be any truth in this from the Mail online?

A Special reunion! Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho eyes move for in limbo Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack

In limbo: Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack looks to be heading for a reunion with Jose Mourinho after admitting Roman Abramovich has put the block on contract talks with several ‘star names’ at Stamford Bridge.

The Germany skipper senses his Chelsea days are numbered after a hardline stance by Abramovich that has also cast a shadow over the futures of Nicolas Anelka, Joe Cole and Deco.

Snapped up on a free transfer from Bayern Munich in May, 2006, Ballack is considering a second spell with Mourinho after being told the former Chelsea manager wants to take him to Inter Milan at the end of the season.

‘There are no contract talks with Abramovich for me now, and there are other stars at Chelsea who are in the same situation,’ he said.

‘Despite that, I am feeling very relaxed about my situation. I want to carry on playing at the highest possible level for another two years. I feel I can do it.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0l9o7U6Gc

Ballack is one of those players I would be happy to see go. I appreciate everything he's done but his pace is not enough for this league. He'd be very solid player in Italy or in Germany and now he has to settle for scrappy minutes and restricted playing as DM. He will still be guiding Germany to at least last eight in WC as the national team is tailormade for him.

If he goes we have a chance to give Kakuta some more time on the pitch.

I know he probably isn't going anywhere no less Inter. He just said somewhere he wants 2 year deal with Chelsea but that Abra is only doing the contracts in summer...

Where there's smoke there's fire indeed, but all I see of this smoke is that its coming from smouldering piles of dung like the daily mail and F365. I guess if this did happen it would shot a massive hole in the theory that Ballack wasnt Jose's player and was signed without his approval.

Still, if Inter win the CL or get to the final I could see Gerrard or Ballack wanting to move there. Its a decent move for anyone whose legs are starting to go, but who still wants to play at the top level (see: Vieira, Patrick). For Ballack, and his declining pace, the Italian game could be ideal.

Gerrard though makes alot more sense. Liverpool are going nowhere fast, he will want to move, and Jose just missed him twice before. It all adds up a little too well

Gerrard though makes alot more sense. Liverpool are going nowhere fast, he will want to move, and Jose just missed him twice before. It all adds up a little too well

Yes it would make sense giving his failed attempt of landing Lampard to San Siro. Though Gerrard may then again surrender to threats from his beloved scouse brothers. :D