Jose & "My Chelsea"

Zola
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho accused Barcelona of having "short memories" after his side's 3-1 Champions League semi-final first leg victory.

Barcelona felt aggrieved not to have won a penalty, but Mourinho pointed to last year's semi-final when Chelsea had several appeals rejected against Barca.

"It's a pity. A year ago Chelsea were crying and Barca were laughing with the referee," said ex-Blues boss Mourinho.

"They laughed because he denied my Chelsea boys their rightful place."

Barca full-back Daniel Alves found himself booked for diving in the second half after going down under a Wesley Sneijder challenge inside the box.

But Mourinho, who left Chelsea as manager in September 2007, had no sympathy for the club where he once worked as an interpreter for Sir Bobby Robson.

Of course it's not ideal losing like this but we can still do it

Barca coach Pep Guardiola

Instead, he invoked memories of last season's semi-final between Barca and Chelsea when Andres Iniesta's spectacular injury-time strike denied the Blues a place in the final after referee Tom Ovrebo had turned down a string of penalty appeals.

"Barca went on to the final (last year) and went on to win everything," said Mourinho. "The league, the Champions League, Super Cups, the Club World Cup, six trophies in total.

"I don't feel that the referee influenced the outcome of this game, no. It's a pity he gave an offside against [inter's] Diego Milito at the start when he was onside, but that's all."

Mourinho, whose team beat Chelsea earlier in the tournament, praised his side's fighting spirit after they recovered from an early Pedro goal to stun the holders and make themselves favourites to reach the final in the Bernabeu in May.

"They were unbelievable, their character and mentality were incredible throughout," added Mourinho, who could not resist pointing out how he has transformed Inter into a genuine force in the Champions League.

"It gives me great pride to say that we could go to Madrid to play the final or we will come home from Barcelona with our heads held high.

"We've beaten the best team in the world and now Inter are a great Champions League team. If we don't win it this year, we'll win it next year or in two years time. We'll be in semi-finals and finals - we've changed."

Barca coach Pep Guardiola refused to blame his side's 14-hour coach journey - forced by the travel chaos resulting from the volcanic ash cloud - for the defeat and said the tie was still alive going into next week's second leg at the Nou Camp.

"This can happen, especially when you're playing in the semi-final of the Champions League and against Inter Milan," said Guardiola.

"Of course it's not ideal losing like this but we can still do it. The result is not good, we gave away too many balls, we can do better. This wasn't our best game and Inter don't make it easy for you to play.

"I know the players are tired but I'm not a medical expert and I can't say how much the journey affected them.

"In Barcelona we will attack. We will put water on the pitch so the ball moves quicker, which they didn't do here. We'll see a good game, hopefully."

Happy he said that for some reason..

Came at a funny time as all the Utd boys are already worshipping him now that they think he is going to join them. I hope he doesn't.

Whiskey Nose says he wants Moyes to replace him anyway.

I'd be happy with that, anyone else to join them, ABM - Anyone but Mourinho.

Edited by Zola

Ferguson wants Moyes to get it because he's afraid Jose could become a bigger more popular and more successful manager than him.

I think he'l go to City, he'l want to join a club with money and build his own team, not a side thats in finincial difficulty.

Edited by clubhappy

Still love the guy,and last night was just another reminder that he has always been a tactical genius,he may have gone through a bad patch with us (which tbh wasnt all that bad) but should never have been sacked.

the mans a legend!

Ferguson wants Moyes to get it because he's afraid Jose could become a bigger more popular and more successful manager than him.

I think he'l go to City, he'l want to join a club with money and build his own team, not a side thats in finincial difficulty.

how can jose be more successful then Ferguson,he's at Manure for over twenty years jose finds it hard to stay anywhere for more then 5. Ferguson honours will never be surpaseed by anyone not even the special one. Inter preformed super last night i was delighted. Zennetti what a player a real club man.

how can jose be more successful then Ferguson,he's at Manure for over twenty years jose finds it hard to stay anywhere for more then 5. Ferguson honours will never be surpaseed by anyone not even the special one. Inter preformed super last night i was delighted. Zennetti what a player a real club man.

Yes - only in 2 leagues, Scotland and England, and (according to my Dad) a terrible experience as International manager. Scotland is a rubbish league, so that doesn't count. To be fair, he's been incredible in England, but I think if someone manages to be immense where ever he goes (i.e. like Jose's done in Portugal, England and now Italy) that's the sign of a much better manager than one who's stayed in the same league for 20 years.

Fair point,but jose aint goint to be around in 20 years he will b retired.as he said he would,nt stay in the game for that long. winning the cup winners cup with Aberdeen thats a great achievment,also making four or five man utd teams and winning with them. he's a c**t but give him credit hes good

Fair point,but jose aint goint to be around in 20 years he will b retired.as he said he would,nt stay in the game for that long. winning the cup winners cup with Aberdeen thats a great achievment,also making four or five man utd teams and winning with them. he's a c**t but give him credit hes good

He;s still winding them up, you gotta love the fella:

The Special One said: "The way they are, tomorrow we will probably read I am to blame for the volcano.

"Maybe I have a friend in the volcano and I am responsible for that."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...in-volcano.html

Quite simply a Genius and shows his class and love for Chelsea and it's players.

One man that could put both ourselves and Barcelona tacticaly to the wall, then proves it as well.

ANCELOTTI AND THE PLAYERS HAVE TO DELIVER THE DOUBLE OTHERWISE WE WILL FOREVER BE IN THE SPECIAL ONE'S SHADOW, IT IS ALWAYS SAID ONE MAN IS NEVER BIGGER THAN A CLUB, BUT THIS GEEZER IS THE CLOSEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN

Yes - only in 2 leagues, Scotland and England, and (according to my Dad) a terrible experience as International manager. Scotland is a rubbish league, so that doesn't count. To be fair, he's been incredible in England, but I think if someone manages to be immense where ever he goes (i.e. like Jose's done in Portugal, England and now Italy) that's the sign of a much better manager than one who's stayed in the same league for 20 years.

You may want to consider that he took a club from a 'rubbish league' to victory in the Cup Winners Cup beating Bayern Munich on the way to the final and Real Madrid in the final itself.

For me Ferguson is the greatest manager in the history of the game.

I think its fantastic, that despite the drama, he still loves our club so much as to essentially refer to it as his home in England.

I for one dont think he will come back to the EPL before he stops in Spain to win their accolades.

When/if he comes back to the EPL it will likely be who ever can give him the most money to make his won team.

You may want to consider that he took a club from a 'rubbish league' to victory in the Cup Winners Cup beating Bayern Munich on the way to the final and Real Madrid in the final itself.

For me Ferguson is the greatest manager in the history of the game.

As much as i cant stand the hypocrite, no-one can really argue that he`s definitely been the best in Britain. Not so sure about the world, and i would argue he wasnt the most influential.

Have to say i agree with loz ,when celtic and rangers were dominating the scottish scene , he won the league , there and also in europe took aberdeen to victory in the Cup Winners Cup final which was a big competition then as we know , we won it twice I personally think fergie is the best manager ever .

You mean like when he went to Porto Mr Bridges?

Yes, he went from União de Leiria to Porto, from a small club to the premier team in Portugal(along with Benefica).

It was also the start of his managerial career so I doubt European clubs were vying for a guy whose only managerial accomplishment at the time was to finish 5th in the protugal league.

he'l want to join a club with money and build his own team,

Think you should swap "build" to BUY his own team . One thing Jose is not is a team builder !

unfortunate but also probably true. and remember his success in scotland was not with an old firm club.

I don't think jose has the same kind of team building ability or the capacity to be at a club for such a long period of time, but so what? he brings his own qualities to a club, and few managers can arrive at club after club and make such a dramatic impact in such a short space of time.

Edited by gullit4