Sergio Ramos

The Moos

Read on a swedish site that we might be after Sergio Ramos and so I tried to find som information about it. This was the first I found (apparently Marca is reporting this as well).

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item450453/Chelsea-target-%E2%82%AC30m-Sergio-Ramos/

Chelsea target €30m Sergio Ramos

Chelsea are keen in bringing Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos to Stamford Bridge, according to Sport.

The 24-year-old defender is expected to be a big part of new Real coach Jose Mourinho's plans, with the Special One hoping to bring in Maicon from former club Inter Milan for the right side of Real's defence.

However, the Portuguese's plans may be foiled after reports in Spain have claimed that the Blues are ready to table a bid of €30 million for the Spaniard, who is will be participating in the World Cup with his national team.

According to recent speculation, it is rumoured that Mourinho is reluctant to let Ramos go, but could allow him to leave in order to pave the way for the signing of Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini, a top target for the new Real Madrid coach.

Ramos has been with the Galaticos since 2005 after moving from Sevilla for €28 million.

----------------------

Not sure if this story is accurate though, because I read that since José might bring Maicon to Real Madrid Ramos might want to leave because he wont be able to play as right back.

Not sure why he would come to Chelsea though, because we have Ivan and Boss. Not to mention Srna who seem to be getting closer and closer to us.

In other words, this story is probably rubbish. But a rumour is always a rumour.

Christ, we're being linked with some real rubbish this window. Never been a fan of Ramos; always struck me as one of those fullbacks who never learned how to defend. Crazy to think that Real were playing him at centreback towards the end of last season, though maybe it's just positional indiscipline that lets him down when he plays wide.

Regardless, the story sounds like the results another boring day in the office for a journo; we don't need another right back, unless maybe a young'un for if we get desperate with injuries again.

Will disagree with what some people have said here, granted i have not seen him play that much but he does look like a very talented player to me. However i do agree that we have absolutely no need for him, we have two outstanding right backs and it is 30mil that does not need to be spent.

Christ, we're being linked with some real rubbish this window. Never been a fan of Ramos; always struck me as one of those fullbacks who never learned how to defend. Crazy to think that Real were playing him at centreback towards the end of last season, though maybe it's just positional indiscipline that lets him down when he plays wide.

Regardless, the story sounds like the results another boring day in the office for a journo; we don't need another right back, unless maybe a young'un for if we get desperate with injuries again.

The centre half thing is not actually crazy as he was a centre half before he was a right back and actually began his career for Real Madrid playing as centre half. There are many, and I am one of them, who think he is a better centre half than right back. As a centre half he is very much a Bosingwa type, very effective going forward but iffy defensively.

No need for him though. No need for any new defenders even if we ship a few out.

He is very talented going forward but a bit lacking in the defensive side of the game. A bit like Zhirkov on the right. No need for any defenders though, as loz said, we could ship a few out without buying anyone.

I can safely predict that Sergio Ramos will never play for another top club other than Real Madrid. Just like Roberto Carlos or Raul, he is one of those guys that their fans seem to love.

I dont really see why they need to buy Maicon for 50 m and bump Ramos to the middle when they have 3 compotent CBs already, but hey its Madrid's money.

Also, a new RB and LB when Arbeloa seemed like one of their better players last year? Meh

We have Bosingwa but Ramos is much more better & he's the best in his position.

Cole, JT, Bran, Ramos !!!! ;)

Best in his position? Not even the best one at Real Madrid so no way is he the best right back around.

How do we need a striker more than a creative midfielder?

I said the best player we can buy, meaning the best player to help the squad.

I'd take a 20-30million Silva to play almost anywhere in the midfield, rather than a 50+million Torres to battle egos with Drogba and Anelka any day.

Archived