Yossi

mad_mac
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

he'll be a good squad player in my opion

Ditto. I always saw him as a threat when he was on the pitch (yeah well, where else would he be a threat, Einstein).

With that mono-brow he should become great pals with Bosingwa.

Ditto. I always saw him as a threat when he was on the pitch (yeah well, where else would he be a threat, Einstein).

With that mono-brow he should become great pals with Bosingwa.

I doubt it, wasnt it Bossy who booted him in the back?

hmmm smells/ looks like a chairman buy to me ..........................still a lot cheaper than Sheva .........................

at first glance looks like a waste of money but I am sure he and Carlo A will prove me wrong I wish him all the best just can't get over no Joe Coleitus .................

Im happy that we're underway in the transfer market, not mega excited about this signing but im happy with it. He's a very good skillful player who can make something out of nothing, my only concern is his age but i'd much rather as spend a small fee on Yossi than spend a silly amount on someone like Ribery.

Welcome Yossi.

I can hardly contain my excitement...maybe this is what joe meant by 'politics'...roman gets a 30-year-old he wants for £6m and something like £70,000-a-week, and lets go a 28-year-old who wanted around £100,000-a-week...what bollox

Ok, so the pros:

- We have a winger who will be fit for more than half the season (hopefully).

- He's a bloody hard worker.

- He isn't Gerrard or Carragher.

- He isn't costing us much.

- He wasn't too vocal about bench warming in Liverpool, so trophies and a bench place should be ok for him here.

- It starts the painful summer that Liverpool is undoubtedly going to have.

Cons:

- Played for Liverpool and West Ham.

- There aren't any Youtube videos of him doing anything that defies the laws of physics.

I can hardly contain my excitement...maybe this is what joe meant by 'politics'...roman gets a 30-year-old he wants for £6m and something like £70,000-a-week, and lets go a 28-year-old who wanted around £100,000-a-week...what bollox

rumours are its only £50k a week, and as he also replaces 2 squad players form last season in Ballack and Deco, so a bit more than £30k a week saved. Also, that player who wanted £100k a week didnt deserve anywhere near that wage.

Perfect winger is pushing it I think, Mikstaw! Robben is the perfect winger, IMO.

Robben is the perfect player for cutting in, I understand he is left footed but rarely sticks to the wing for the Dutch.

I'm quite pleased with the signing, hard worker and very creative. I remember reading somewhere that he was on around £50,000 a week at Liverpool so hopefully he isn't costing us to much.

Edit

If he is on £50,000 a week and Joe Cole did want £100,000, over a year we would theoretically save £2,600,000 a year so over 3 years we would have saved around £7,800,000.... I think.

Edited by TomW

I'm not crazy about it but as long as we don't expect him to feature very prominently I don't think it's a bad move.

I can understand swapping Cole for him though because he was better than Joe Cole last season.

Robben is the perfect player for cutting in, I understand he is left footed but rarely sticks to the wing for the Dutch.

I'm quite pleased with the signing, hard worker and very creative. I remember reading somewhere that he was on around £50,000 a week at Liverpool so hopefully he isn't costing us to much.

Edit

If he is on £50,000 a week and Joe Cole did want £100,000, over a year we would theoretically save £2,600,000 a year so over 3 years we would have saved around £7,800,000.... I think.

not much of a saving as we have paid a transfer fee...plus he's 30 so will probably make a loss when he is sold or goes out on loan...plus he is two years older than the man he is replacing and has never done anything as good...apart from that he's a great signing