Gutless Carlo

waldron
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This was how one website put it and can you blame them ? Yes, Sturridge is an annoying player at times, but he has what Drogba has lost and will never regain - pace. Play Sturridge and McEachran from the start - Lampard is off the pace and may or may not regain it, Essien continues to disappoint and Malouda is like a man treading water. Can someone explain all this talk about the title ? There's as much chance of Chelsea winning at Bolton, Sunderland and Fulham (and we need 9 points) as there is of plaiting fog. What should concern Carlo is what sort of a showing are we going to make in the CL ? If Copenhagen are seen off, then what ? Barcelona ? Madrid ? Munich ? Milan ? Manure ?

This was how one website put it and can you blame them ? Yes, Sturridge is an annoying player at times, but he has what Drogba has lost and will never regain - pace. Play Sturridge and McEachran from the start - Lampard is off the pace and may or may not regain it, Essien continues to disappoint and Malouda is like a man treading water. Can someone explain all this talk about the title ? There's as much chance of Chelsea winning at Bolton, Sunderland and Fulham (and we need 9 points) as there is of plaiting fog. What should concern Carlo is what sort of a showing are we going to make in the CL ? If Copenhagen are seen off, then what ? Barcelona ? Madrid ? Munich ? Milan ? Manure ?

I'd agree with the llast part in Bold as a decent summing up of the post :lol:

I won't argue it as any of my last three hundred and fourty two posts likely explain my counter argument but thought I'd post through utter boredom.

Can someone explain all this talk about the title ?

Sure, its quite simple really if you know your football! It's actually short for the Premiership Title, it is the major trophy for the Premiership which is the top division league in England.

If you recall, we actually won it less than a year ago (along with another quite important trophy, I am willing to give a talk on this another day if you need more help)

If you also remember we actually won that title with a "lost and will never regain - pace" Drogba, an "off the pace and may or may not regain it" Lampard, a "like a man treading water" Malouda, a "continues to disappoint" Essien (though he was quite disappointing as he decided to gain an injury), and to top all that, it was actually won with "Gutless" Carlo!

Some people really have no idea do they!

Now off you pop, go to United again, they look likely to win this "Title" so it should make you happy. Also, I am sure Red suits you so much better.

(along with another quite important trophy, I am willing to give a talk on this another day if you need more help)

Was it the "Emirates Cup"? I`ve heard thats a dead important trophy to win.

They should bring back the Full members/Zenith Data Systems cup, we might have a chance of winning something then.

No chance we would win that, what with seemingly all of our players being off the pace and unlikely to regain anything.

Was it the "Emirates Cup"? I`ve heard thats a dead important trophy to win.

oooooo! Get you, knowing all these important things!

I hear Red will be the 'so in' colour come Spring. I'm almost hoping Man City take the title cause the sky blue matches my green eyes so much more! I would look such a dream-boat mincing around in the shirt!

oooooo! Get you, knowing all these important things!

I hear Red will be the 'so in' colour come Spring. I'm almost hoping Man City take the title cause the sky blue matches my green eyes so much more! I would look such a dream-boat mincing around in the shirt!

Hello Brian M ,

Long time no speak how's things in LA . Where you at the Globes last night ?

P.S.

Can someone rescue Mod from the Pineapple Dance Studios looks like he left his laptop open

Sure, its quite simple really if you know your football! It's actually short for the Premiership Title, it is the major trophy for the Premiership which is the top division league in England.

If you recall, we actually won it less than a year ago (along with another quite important trophy, I am willing to give a talk on this another day if you need more help)

If you also remember we actually won that title with a "lost and will never regain - pace" Drogba, an "off the pace and may or may not regain it" Lampard, a "like a man treading water" Malouda, a "continues to disappoint" Essien (though he was quite disappointing as he decided to gain an injury), and to top all that, it was actually won with "Gutless" Carlo!

Some people really have no idea do they!

Now off you pop, go to United again, they look likely to win this "Title" so it should make you happy. Also, I am sure Red suits you so much better.

Yesyesyes, but where does that fog fit in?

Ooh! Hit a nerve, there. Let me just explain - I have been a supporter since 1964 and never expected to see the club win the league once in my lifetime, never mind three. So I am not really bothered about winning everything in sight, unlike some of the later supporters, who are maybe not used to the in and out form of late. What I was trying to say is that it is disappointing that the club has not planned for the inevitable decline in some of the older players. I do think Ancellotti is an excellent manager, but, as has been mentioned elsewhere in these posts, he does not have a great track record of introducing youngsters. The older players get injured more and take longer to recover from knocks. I think Ferguson hinted at this some time ago, but the media has only recently picked up on it to the extent that we may not make the top four. Ferguson got rid of players at or near their peak, e.g. Van Nistelrooy, and was criticised for it, but it has worked. However, I do believe Carlo's hands may be tied, he may not have the cash to spend on replacements, so there is the problem. It is not just Drogba with his malaria and Lampard with his run of injuries, read what Cole said about feeling like an old man every morning - how much longer has he got at the highest level ?

It is a law of nature that you get to a certain age and then can't do it any more - apart from Cech and Ivanovic, who has been consistently good this season ? Alex - injured, Terry - playing in constant pain, same for Cole. Lampard - suddenly injured regularly, Essien - not at the top of his game, Drogba - malaria, Anelka and Malouda - not consistent.

One thing is certain, it will be entertaining for the rest of the season.

Ooh! Hit a nerve, there. Let me just explain - I have been a supporter since 1964 and never expected to see the club win the league once in my lifetime, never mind three. So I am not really bothered about winning everything in sight, unlike some of the later supporters, who are maybe not used to the in and out form of late. What I was trying to say is that it is disappointing that the club has not planned for the inevitable decline in some of the older players. I do think Ancellotti is an excellent manager, but, as has been mentioned elsewhere in these posts, he does not have a great track record of introducing youngsters. The older players get injured more and take longer to recover from knocks. I think Ferguson hinted at this some time ago, but the media has only recently picked up on it to the extent that we may not make the top four. Ferguson got rid of players at or near their peak, e.g. Van Nistelrooy, and was criticised for it, but it has worked. However, I do believe Carlo's hands may be tied, he may not have the cash to spend on replacements, so there is the problem. It is not just Drogba with his malaria and Lampard with his run of injuries, read what Cole said about feeling like an old man every morning - how much longer has he got at the highest level ?

It is a law of nature that you get to a certain age and then can't do it any more - apart from Cech and Ivanovic, who has been consistently good this season ? Alex - injured, Terry - playing in constant pain, same for Cole. Lampard - suddenly injured regularly, Essien - not at the top of his game, Drogba - malaria, Anelka and Malouda - not consistent.

One thing is certain, it will be entertaining for the rest of the season.

You're wasting your time mate. You probably remember the real shed end, which was populated mainly by hoolligans who used their undying loyalty as an excuse to behave like morons, and some of them have obviously ended up here.

Oh, go on, tell us some more of your luvverly stories about the good old days when you walked out of your own christening in 1873 to go and watch the Chels take on Harrow Gentlemen FC, and how their manager, the delightful Mr Whackford Magister was streets ahead of our stumbling, no-nothing fool of a manager, Arturo Dimsh*ttio.

You're wasting your time mate. You probably remember the real shed end, which was populated mainly by hoolligans who used their undying loyalty as an excuse to behave like morons, and some of them have obviously ended up here.

Where to go with that one, I think I will just tell you to f**k off to fit in with your lovely little stereotyping.